New in version 5.6 Milestone 1
January 14th, 2015
- pts-core: Add "short" display mode
- pts-core: Add stress-run command to allow for concurrent stress testing / burn-in / torture testing
- pts-core: Add TOTAL_LOOP_TIME support to stress-run
- pts-core: Add TOTAL_LOOP_TIME=infinite support to stress-run for testing in an infinite loop
- pts-core: Add support for libframetime output result parsing
- phoromatic: Initial commit of basic tracker page
- phoromatic: Better recovery of existing Phoromatic accounts on reloaded systems where the machine self ID changed
- timed_screenshot: Fix for crash when PHP GD missing
New in version 5.4.1 (December 23rd, 2014)
- Updated AppData XML for the Phoronix Test Suite.
- The result parser in pts-core now has improved support for parsing CSV frame latency dumps as needed by newer test profiles, currently is needed by the new test of Civilization: Beyond Earth.
- The phoronix-test-suite enterprise-setup sub-command. See the documentation for more details.
- Various Phoromatic Server updates, including improved result strings when merging random result files, reporting of the IP/MAC addresses on the system claim page, and other minor enhancements.
New in version 5.4.0 (December 9th, 2014)
- Major overhaul to the built-in Phoromatic Server
- Avahi zero-conf networking support
- Improved download cache handling
- IBM POWER8 hardware detection improvements
- Various code refactoring & other improvements
New in version 5.4.0 Milestone 6 (November 19th, 2014)
- pts-core: Fix result merging when PTS test identifier is null, use title string instead as identifier
- pts-core: Check for PHP Sockets support
- pts-core: Enhanced make-download-cache
- pts-core: Enhance PHP_BIN detection
- pts-core: Use system's zip library if PHP ZIP is not available
- phoromatic: Upstart phoromatic-server job is working (tested on Scientific Linux 6.6)
- phoromatic: Add "Run Test Schedule Now" button to test schedule page to allow for easy one-time/manual testing
- phoromatic: Add some basic statistics to the rootadmin page
- phoromatic: Allow the PhoromaticStorage location to be modified from the webUI when logging in as rootadmin
- phoromatic: Allow the download cache location to be modified from the webUI when logging in as rootadmin
- phoromatic: Allow the network proxy details to be modified from the webUI when logging in as rootadmin
- phoromatic: Allow the HTTP / WebSocket ports to be modified from the webUI when logging in as rootadmin
- phoromatic: Increase memory_limit on download cache downloads
- phoromatic: Expose all possible video modes as test options
- phoromatic: Show recent triggers on a test schedule's page
- phoromatic: Add "Upload results to OpenBenchmarking.org" option to settings page
- phoromatic: Fix for deactivating options on settings page
- phoromatic: Remember last successful Phoromatic Server connection
- phoromatic: Add reboot and shutdown commands to Phoromatic module
New in version 5.4.0 Milestone 5 (November 11th, 2014)
- pts-core: Improvements when running as a systemd service / daemon
- pts-core: Prefer firefox over Epiphany browser
- phoromatic: Implement email notifications on result uploads
- phoromatic: Implement email notifications on system generated errors/warnings
- phoromatic: Implement email notifications on new systems added
- phoromatic: Allow easily comparing a result file to other results for that given schedule ID
- phoromatic: Improve formatting of lists
- phoromatic: Add times viewed to results
- phoromatic: Add "show only results with variation" to result viewing page
- phoromatic: Add result flagging to the main page
- phoromatic: Allow other/unscheduled test results to be uploaded to the Phoromatic Server using the phoromatic.upload-result sub-command
- phoromatic: Show file/path locations when starting the Phoromatic Server
- phoromatic: Use a randomly chosen available port by default when starting the Phoromatic Server if no ports are defined
- phoromatic: Add basic root administrator support to the Phoronix web interface
- pts_Graph: Shrink size of sub-title text strings when they're too long
New in version 5.4.0 Milestone 4 (November 6th, 2014)
- pts-core: Add 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) to more of the mode-setting fall-back modes
- pts-core: Start working on support for using standard Linux file-system hierarchy when running as root as a service
- pts-core: Add PhoromaticStorage option to Phoronix Test Suite user configuration XML file
- phoromatic: Reporting of overall result counts for given test schedules
- phoromatic: Report benchmarking / test run errors to server
- phoromatic: Show system errors/warnings from the Phoromatic web UI
- phoromatic: Don't attempt to re-run test schedules on clients if they previously reported errors/warnings for that schedule / trigger ID combination
- phoromatic: Usernames need to be at least four characters long
- phoromatic: Add a schedule overview to the schedules page
- phoromatic: Add today's scheduled events to the side bar
- phoromatic: Improve result identifier / title reporting for results
- phoromatic: Implement "Power User" account level
- phoromatic: Add normalize results option to the phoromatic result page
- phoromatic: Support for jumping to test results page for XXX past days of test from schedule page
- phodevi: IBM POWER hardware detection improvements
New in version 5.4.0 Milestone 3 (October 21st, 2014)
- Refinements to the Phoromatic web-user interface.
- Basic service logging capabilities for Phoromatic client/servers initiated by systemd, etc.
- Support for attempting to download files multiple times from remote download caches in case of connection/service failures.
- A new scheduler creation interface from the Phoromatic web UI along with complete editing support.
- Re-working of the "system groups" Phoromatic feature and should now be fully working and feature complete.
- Support for Phoromatic users to create multiple users associated with the same account data, including support for "viewer accounts" that can view but not manipulate the account data.
- An activity stream for showing Phoromatic user data associated with a particular account.
- Support for merging results from the Phoromatic web UI.
- Support for deleting results from the Phoromatic web UI.
- Other improvements and refinements to the Phoronix Test Suite and Phoromatic code.
New in version 5.4.0 Milestone 1 (September 5th, 2014)
- pts-core: Sanitize pts_result_file user strings
- pts-core: Don't set memory_limit with HHVM
- pts-core: Drop phoromatic_legacy support (old Phoromatic.com version)
- system_monitor: Correct perf-per-Watt calculation for LIB results
- phodevi: Support Nouveau's pstate formatting changes to read core/mem MHz on newer kernels
- phodevi: Support for reading monitor EDID over sysfs, decoding descriptors, and obtaining monitor name (should improve monitor name reporting for Intel Linux systems)
- phodevi: Improved SoC detection
- pts_LineGraph: Alignment fix for keys
New in version 5.2.1 (July 11th, 2014)
- pts-core: Add VDPAU as a dependency to the xorg-video external dependency on more platforms
- pts-core: Don't check OpenBenchmarking.org credentials when the network is down
- pts-core: Rework result-file-to-text sub-command, show text-based graph results
- phodevi: Improve NVIDIA binary driver GPU utilization detection
- phodevi: Add DDE / Deepin Desktop Environment detection
- pts_Graph: Few minor graph alignment corrections