New in version 2012.10.17
October 30th, 2012
- First medium with Linux-libre 3.6 (3.6.2) with Atheros AR8162 (ALX driver) support, reported on issue201.
- The script boot parameter works again, reported on Archlinux Bugs.
- When booting via PXE and NFS or NBD the ISO will be copied to RAM to ensure a more stable usage.
- The live medium contains usb_modeswitch and wvdial which e.g. allows to establish a network connection using an UMTS USB dongle.
- Furthermore the newest version of systemd and netcfg are included.
- systemd is used to boot up the live system.
- initscripts are no longer available on the live system but are still installed by default on the target system. This is likely to change in the near future.
- EFI boot and setup has been simplified.
- gummiboot is used to display a menu on EFI systems.
- The following new packages are available on the live system: ethtool, fsarchiver, gummiboot-efi, mc, partclone, partimage, refind-efi, rfkill, sudo, testdisk, wget, xl2tpd.