New in version 1.37.2
August 13th, 2015
- Don't use hb_glib_get_unicode_funcs
- Warning fixes
New in version 1.36.2 (February 5th, 2014)
- Win32 build fixes
- Fix a possible strtol(NULL) (#719549)
- Fix --with-included-modules
- Fix a FPE in pango_layout_iter_get_char_extents (#720379)
- Use 96 dpi for CoreText by default
New in version 1.36.1 (November 12th, 2013)
- Handle scaling absolute font sizes (#708778)
- Small documentation fixes
New in version 1.35.3 (September 3rd, 2013)
- Compiler warnings about strict aliasing (#703995)
- Getting rid of the arbitrary MAX_SIZE for font (707131)
New in version 1.35.2 (August 20th, 2013)
- Bypass line reordering in some cases (#705007)
New in version 1.35.0 (June 24th, 2013)
- Requires cairo 1.12.10
- Add a --with-cairo option
- Handle invalid utf8 better (#700577)
- Install some tests
- Don't change fonts for space (#701652)
New in version 1.34.1 (May 14th, 2013)
- 96238 - PangoAttrFilterFunc vs pango_attr_list_filter docs
- Update win32/CoreText shaper signature
- Fix CoreText scaling (again)
- Align word breaking with newer Unicode specs
New in version 1.33.9 (March 19th, 2013)
- Port PangoWin32 to use GWeakRef
- 682846 - Use G_DEFINE_TYPE in pangowin32-fontmap
- Fix scale in pangocairo-threads test
- Misc Win32 build fixes
New in version 1.33.8 (March 5th, 2013)
- 694095 - Fails make check: -pango_cairo_win32_font_map_get_type
- 668154 - GTK+ Crashes on Non BMP utf-8 charpoints
- 694626 - Add pango_font_map_changed
- 694626 - PangoFc: change FontMap in pango_fc_font_map_clear_cache
- 694830 - Fails make check: +pango_font_map_change
- 694918 - Pango layout is misrendered with non-identity transformation
- 694882 - build broken - introspection of pangoxft2 and pangoxft
New in version 1.33.7 (February 4th, 2013)
- Allow enabling font features through fontconfig snipplets
- Fix an infinite loop when starting Inkscape
New in version 1.32.6 (January 12th, 2013)
- Make pango threadsafe
- Pass down BOT/EOT flags to HarfBuzz
- 690279 - broken relocation of modules
- 691263 - Build with automake-1.13 broken
New in version 1.32.5 (December 18th, 2012)
- 689843 - Drop last ues of G_CONST_RETURN
- 689864 - build failure
- 689882 - pango-font.h:381: error: comma at end of enumerator list
- 686512 - pango_cairo_font_get_scaled_font failed under wine
- 690081 - pangofc-fontmap: Remove bad use of the comma operator
- 679299 - Allow incrementally parsing pango markup
New in version 1.32.4 (December 7th, 2012)
- Require harfbuzz 0.9.9
- 340066 Add serials tracking changes in PangoFontMap/PangoContext/PangoLayout
- Automatically relayout PangoLayout if PangoContext has changed
- Fix rendering of rotated frames
- 576156 Remove Thai/Lao Prepend/Extend properties
- Fix grapheme properties of joiner / nonjoiner
- Fix grapheme properties of U+FFxx range
- Fix line break of surrogate characters
- Fix grapheme boundaries of surrogates and unassigned default ignorables
- Update bidi tables to Unicode 6.2.0
- 689648 Use -Bsymbolic-functions by default if available
- Fix Win32 and CoreText cairo backends to take cairo CTM into account
New in version 1.32.3 (November 27th, 2012)
- make gobject-introspection PANGO_GLYPH happy
- provide a phony define for LANGUAGE
- adjust to harfbuzz 0.97 api
New in version 1.32.1 (October 8th, 2012)
- Pango has been ported to harfbuzz 0.9.x and now uses an external version of harfbuzz.
- The Arabic, Syriac, Hangul Hebrew, Khmer, Tibetan, and Thai shapers and the Indic module have been replaced by harfbuzz.
- Atsui support has been superseded by use of CoreText.
- PangoX has been removed.
- Thread safety has been improved.
- The module cache file can now be located in libdir.
- Several functions and one header file have been deprecated.
- Minor bugs have been fixed.
New in version 1.31.2 (September 27th, 2012)
- Thread safety was improved.
- Build fixes were made for OS X.
New in version 1.31.1 (September 7th, 2012)
- Initial work was made towards making Pango thread-safe.
- Unicode was updated to 6.1.
- The module cache file can now be located in libdir.
- Several functions and one header file were deprecated.
- Minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 1.30.0 (March 27th, 2012)
- 667799 - Fix cross-compiling bug in configure.in
- 664125 - Zero-width spaces cause missing characters
- CoreText backend: implement font fallbacks
- CoreText backend: make more robust against broken fonts
- CoreText backend: make shaping engine more robust
- CoreText backend: Guard against glyph count of zero
New in version 1.29.5 (November 26th, 2011)
- Several minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 1.29.4 (October 5th, 2011)
- A recent regression with a font selection crash was fixed.
New in version 1.29.3 (June 20th, 2011)
- Minor fix in 1.29.1 tarball
New in version 1.28.4 (April 5th, 2011)
- Various introspection annotation fixes
- Build fixes
- Require glib >= 2.24.0
- Bug 636348 - Hex boxes are incorrectly scaled with non identity cairo scale
- Bug 639882 - Heap corruption in font parsing with FreeType2 backend
New in version 1.28.2 (September 29th, 2010)
- Reduce DLL hijack risk and simplify code in basic-win32 module
- Improve performance on Windows especially for non-Latin scripts
- Bugs fixed:
- Bug 628497 - Crash in pango_layout_line_get_extents at pango-layout.c
- Bug 626966 - SIGFPE _hb_sanitize_array
- Bug 629632 - configure bug
- Bug 625807 - approximate character width is 0 on pangoft2
New in version 1.21.6 (September 22nd, 2008)
- A memory leak due to circular references between fonts and fontmaps was fixed.
- The OpenType language-system tags were updated to the OpenType 1.5 draft intersected with ISO639-3 of 2008/08/04.
- Several improvements were made. Many bugs were fixed.