New in version 114
June 27th, 2010
- Help menus are no longer off by one.
- Remove potential crash when zapping wand of invisibility off map.
- Items are no longer revealed by hostiles searching.
- Status message "Searched" when you search to make it more clear you did something by searching.
- Correct lighting tests for giant mobs along with looser LOS requirements to see them.
- No longer crash if a rolling boulder kills the caster and then fills a hole.
- You can click-drag on display text to scroll it.
- Chris Lomaka's tiles have been updated with some nice new additional icons.
- Help menus are platform specific, so GBA users should no longer be taunted with stylus help, etc.
- The Akoi Meexx 10x10 and 12x12 tilesets are enabled in SDL builds. The 10x10 has had a round of manual smoothing applied to it.
- Status bar on iPhone now rotates and is hidden in landscape mode.
- iPhone now uses native keyboard controls.
- If you start the game in a room with only secret exits, you are explicitly told that there are secret exits to search for.
New in version 113 (April 28th, 2010)
- Fireball and Cloudkill always explode at the end of their trajectory.
- When you gain permanent intrinsics by evolving or lichifying, relevant temporary intrinsics will be cleared, preventing you from having a silver-tolerant lich.
- Timestamps on the final character dump and the description of how long you lived will now match.
- You can wish for bones and corpses without them instantly dissolving.
- You can no longer fetch items that have teleport fixed.
- When a creature (un)polys into a gargantuan creature, it will now also push away monsters in addition to crushing walls.
- Lich-form creatures that are undead no longer report it being your evil that was useless.
- When you name an item, the menu defaults to naming the type rather than the specific as this is the usual scenario.
- The floor of the kiwi room is now the proper floor tile.
- Controled teleport onto the square you are already standing no longer reports that you are blocked, but that you decide to stay put.
- Mysterious mapping of rooms fixed.
- buildall.sh should work with --use-home-dir again.
- The option menu no longer has Load. Instead it has Quit, which prompts you if you meant this. Loading is now only done from the main menu.
- No experience for killing your pets.
- Confirmation prompt if starting New Game with active saved game as one can easily accidentally overwrite it.
- Some spells when mistargeted no longer waste your mana. Not all, so remain vigilant.
- Cancelling your choice in the Wish menu no longer costs a turn.
- Fix potential crash when you are killed by splash damage from a thrown item.
New in version 111 (June 8th, 2009)
- Further Makefile clean up, using $(RM) and other niceties.
- Applied WinCE compatibility patches.
- Ibson the Grey's tileset is now built into the SDL builds of POWDER rather than requiring you to use the From Disk... option. (It is not in the DS, GBA, WINCE versions)
- Unique monsters have a ! badge to distinguish them before you engage in battle.
- When fully charged spells will get a yellow glow so you can tell 99% charge from fully ready.
- Tameness should no longer expire while you still live.
- Tame creatures whose masters die will go wild after five turns and be also confused. You now have a good reason to go after the leaders of rooms first.
- Kobold Assassins can inflict bleeding wounds, as was always intended.
- Radius of the burst when bottles break is dependent on curse/blessed status.
- Poisoned smoke potions are more useful.
- Smashing potions will interact with existing smoke.
- Tridude on the keyboard is now a proper tridude.
- Artifacts have an overlay to distinguish them and are always above mundane items in piles
- New POWDER icon.
- Crash when you load the game on a level with more than 32 active smoke tiles fixed.
- Iron Golems and Stone Golems have the proper second attack, and hence hit much harder.
- Spells and skills are listed even if you are amnesic in character dumps.
- Vampire bats should ignore bloodless targets.
- Vampire bats gain food when they suck blood.
- Creatures will be more careful in what they eat, especially familiars.
- Being poisoned by something more powerful will properly clear the weaker poison.
New in version 110 (January 18th, 2009)
- Spell icons will grey out when you cannot cast them.
- Inventory slots will change color depending on the blessed/cursed state of the item.
- Hopefully this version will compile from source, even on gcc4.3 machines.
New in version 109 (November 26th, 2008)
- Among minor bugfixes are the addition of a new spell, Animate Forest, and the ability to run down corridors to make navigation require fewer keystrokes.
New in version 108 (November 7th, 2008)
- A new safe walk mode that allows non-mouse users to explore the dungeons without accidentally attacking creatures.
- Numerous bugfixes.