New in version 4.4.10
July 4th, 2013
- This build fixes a nasty error in the installer, which "forgot" to create some system folders for the user.
- Code has also been added which tries to recreate the missing folders on login, if necessary.
New in version 4.4.9 (February 21st, 2013)
- The installer has been fully revamped, giving it a more modern, slim appeal and making it easier to understand.
- A few minor issues with the configuration interface, the mail list, and fetching external calendars have been fixed.
- Cronjob scheduling has been improved, with the process limit raised.
- Both steps should improve Cronjob handling.
New in version 4.4.8 (February 11th, 2013)
- Unfortunately, there were still some minor bugs in the previous build; they have been fixed in this one.
New in version 4.4.7 (February 7th, 2013)
- This release fixes various issues with typos and the autoload mechanism, and massively improves the behavior when adding a new IMAP account.
New in version 4.4.4 (February 5th, 2013)
- This build fixes a few issues with the display of mail attachments, the mobile interface, and some CSS issues, and finally brings a cure to the problem where the MySQL timezone might be different than that of the installation.
New in version 4.4.0 (January 29th, 2013)
- It contains all the fixes of the previous beta and RC releases, and of course the security fixes from build 4.3.56. Please update your installation as soon as possible.
New in version 4.4 RC4 (January 28th, 2013)
- A few minor issues were unearthed, and were addressed with this build.
New in version 4.4 RC3 (January 26th, 2013)
- This build fixes a few minor issues which were missed in the previous release. It's now considered feature-complete and stable.
New in version 4.4 RC1 (January 24th, 2013)
- This version fixed various XSS issues, one potential path disclosure problem, and an issue with the derefer (redirection) service.
- Users are urged to update phlyMail installations (regardless of current version) as soon as possible.
- There were also numerous bugfixes and feature enhancements.
New in version 4.3.55 Beta (December 17th, 2012)
- The previous build introduced code which broke compatibility with PHP < 5.3.
- This build brings a fix to make phlyMail compatible with PHP 5.2. again (for now).
- Please update your PHP to at least 5.3.x since future phlyMail versions may need it.
New in version 4.3.54 Beta (December 15th, 2012)
- This build fixes various minor bugs and allows the administrator to temporarily bypass SSL in the configuration interface.
New in version 4.3.53 Beta (October 24th, 2012)
- This build fixes many issues with the cron job handling, some syntactic errors in the French translation, and a few more minor issues.
New in version 4.4 Beta (October 2nd, 2012)
- This build fixes the update process by moving a lengthy task into crontab, fixes creating IMAP folders, and improves keyboard navigation in mail folders. Having incorrect credentials (e.g. changed password) for IMAP accounts no longer drops all their associated messages from the index.
New in version 4.03.50 (August 23rd, 2012)
- This version introduces a mobile interface, which is tailored for smart phones.
- This early preview demonstrates, how the interface will look and feel in the end.
- Some features are still missing.
- It adds a cron job manager, allowing it to scan IMAP subfolders in the background, and improves the handling of email/SMS alerts for appointments.
- The class structure has been completely overhauled, now being much more modern and flexible, and improving code quality and development speed.
- One can now force SSL for the frontend, backend, API etc., thus improving overall security.
- Some bugs were fixed.
New in version 4.03.03 (August 18th, 2012)
- This build fixes some issues with MySQL field definitions that could prevent an installation of phlyMail at all.
New in version 4.03.02 (February 19th, 2012)
- This release can switch between behaviors when deleting messages by moving them to the wastebin.
- One can choose to either mark the messages as read or just move them to the trash.
New in version 4.03.00 (January 20th, 2012)
- It just fixes one minor issue with "Reply All", where the original recipients are now correctly differentiated between To: and CC:.
- It is recommended that all users update.
New in version 4.3 RC2 (January 16th, 2012)
- One can state multiple recipients for email / SMS in event reminders now
- SabreDAV has been updated to version 1.5.6
- A rare issue with moving mails in IMAP has been fixed
- BCC addresses are now always removed from the email before it is handed over to the mail server / sendmail. Some mil servers violate the RFCs and leave the BCC headers in the mail, so the BCC addresses could be leaked to recipients.
New in version 4.3 RC1 (January 2nd, 2012)
- Handling of all-day events in external calendars from Apple's iCal or Google Calendar has been improved.
- A few minor issues have been fixed.
New in version 4.1.3 (May 16th, 2011)
- This build just fixes some minor bugs.
New in version 4.1 Beta 3 (April 8th, 2011)
- Most of the issues regarding WebDAV and thumbnail generation should now be fixed, as well as some other minor bugs and typos.
New in version 4.1 Beta 2 (April 1st, 2011)
- This build fixes the issues found since the last release, namely a few SQL bugs and a bug in the WebDAV server.
New in version 4.00.50 Beta (March 29th, 2011)
- Passwords of admins and users are now stored in a much more secure manner
- Generating a new password after a user has lost it is now handled better. The user gets an opt-in link via mail, which offers him a means to define one himself.
- Integrated WebDAV server, right now "only" for the files manager. The CalDAV service announced at Facebook is unfortunately not done yet.
- Generating thumbnails now uses ImageMagick if available
- Handling IMAP accounts from Google Mail now finally works more nicely
- Support for IDNA 2008 has been added
- Support for global boiler plates (predefined text snippets) has been added, alongside a user permission allowing to add / edit / delete these global boiler plates
- Small improvements in preview and print view of contacts
- There's now a collapsible sidebar for selecting contacts when composing mail / SMS.
New in version 4.00.09 (January 3rd, 2011)
- This build fixes a few minor bugs and adds the ability to share the calendars with external applications that do not support HTTP AUTH (like Google Calendar).
New in version 4.00.08 (November 30th, 2010)
- Missing files for the Bookmarks handler have been added.
New in version 4.00.07 (November 29th, 2010)
- This release fixes a few minor bugs in handling IMAP mails, again slightly speeds up IMAP folder sync, adds two new themes and the formerly commercial Bookmarks module to the core.
- The incompatibility with IE 7 has been fixed, too.
New in version 4.00.06 (November 6th, 2010)
- This release fixes issues with the thread view when sending HTML mail messages via SMTP and when handling the database update.
- Additionally, the IDN class has been updated to support the German ligature ß.
- Users can now state an email address to which fax status information will be sent.
- The IMAP folder sync should now be slightly quicker.
New in version 4.00.05 (October 18th, 2010)
- This build adds a Threaded View to email folders, which works regardless of the folders or mail accounts to which the mail messages belong.
- The FXL Template class and the IDNA class have been updated and the runonce.php process has been optimized to run much faster now.
- Editing an event before 1970-1-1 did not work, the permission "See global contacts" did not work.
- The mail quote in HTML sets a non-breaking space in front, thus preventing bold formatting in CKEditor.
New in version 4.00.04 (September 17th, 2010)
- This build massively enhances the functionality of the boilerplates (predefined text snippets). They can now be organized in arbitrarily nested groups.
- The mail composition window now has a collapsible selection box for the boilerplates, which shows a formatted preview when hovering over an entry.
- Besides this, a few minor bugs have been fixed.
New in version 4.00.03 (September 9th, 2010)
- This release adds the ability to send faxes.
- Therefore, the relevant configuration options were added to the Config and the user's setup.
- Some minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 4.00.02 (August 30th, 2010)
- Senders can now be whitelisted (on an email or domain basis) for receiving unblocked HTML.
- This was previously only possible only on a per-mail basis.
- Checkboxes were added to the email search pane for searching for emails that are unread, answered, forwarded, bounced, colour marked, or have attachments.
- A few minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 3.7.17 (September 1st, 2009)
- A few minor glitches have been fixed.
- Birthdays of contacts can now be stored without the year part.
- CC:, and BCC: fields stored in Drafts are now displayed correctly.
New in version 3.6.39 (February 10th, 2009)
- This build improves handling of delivery notification mails.
- The special MIME type of message/delivery-status is handled like a plain text attachment instead of a message subtype.
New in version 3.6.38 (February 8th, 2009)
- This build improves the mail parser, which tended to show text attachments as such when an HTML part was right before them.
New in version 3.6.37 (January 26th, 2009)
- This build adds external authentication against LDAP servers and a POP3 server, which can be run through (x)inted instead of the demonized process.
New in version 3.6.36 (January 11th, 2009)
- An issue introduced with 3.6.35 prevented the display of any folders and disabled some functions like fetching mail messages. This was caused by a wrong database query in the login phase.
New in version 3.6.35 (January 4th, 2009)
- This build fixes an issue with the newly added boilerplates, which where not properly included in the database definition.
New in version 3.6.34 (December 16th, 2008)
- This build improves the handling of complex mail, fixes an issue with attachments in InternetExplorer using SSL, allows you to set the external authentication server through a placeholder, which generates the relevant server from the email address, and allows you to disable local folders and to disable global and public contacts.
New in version 3.6.33 (September 29th, 2008)
- This build fixes a bug which occurred when exporting contacts from a certain group (the group selection was ignored, and all contacts were exported instead).