April 20th, 2013
· This version addresses a few bugs and added a number of new features.
· The ODBC generic driver is now supported, as it works better in Unix environments for some databases such as MS SQL.
· A set_grid_method function was added. jqGrid 4.4.5, jQuery 1.9.0, and jQuery UI 1.10 are now supported.
· Column freeze is now supported.
· File upload can now be activated with a double click on a row in form edit mode.
· Minor bugs were fixed.
January 23rd, 2013
· File uploading now works when adding new a record.
· Conditional format is now working with rows without a preexisting cell format.
· Subgrid now supports filter methods.
January 15th, 2013
· It fixes an array index out of bound bug in the set edittype function.
· It removes control validation logic for master/detail INLINE mode since this is no longer a limitation.
· It removes a redundant include statement in the datagrid class that was causing unnecessary errors in some systems.
January 10th, 2013
· The array data source is now (finally) supported.
· Virtual columns aka calculated field, toolbar search dropdown, custom data validation, and PDF and CSV export are now supported.
· Array parameters for dynamic links are now supported.
· Performance for large data sets was optimized.
· Master Detail INLINE edit now works in the master grid.
· An issue where $grid was not defined was fixed.
· set_col_edittype now works with non-integer keys.
· There were other minor fixes.
July 14th, 2012
· This version includes many bugfixes and new features.
· Most importantly, Ajax file upload was implemented.
· Two advanced methods were introduced to let users who are familiar with the jqGrid colModel API to directly manipulate column array properties.
· "Method Chaining" is now possible.
· Up to 20 themes are packaged, and support for the SQLite database was added.
February 9th, 2012
· This version adds WYSIWYG support that transforms text fields into word processor by replacing the textarea with rich text editor with a single function call.
· Additionally, you can now specify foreign keys for both master and detail grids.
· Before that, both keys must have the exact column name.
· There are many bugfixes.
March 31st, 2011
· New features in this version include non-English character set support, advanced popup search, nested masterdetail, conditional output, locale translations, ABS_PATH auto mapping, column drag and drop reorder, column text alignment, and the ability to overwrite conf.php for multiple database support.
February 25th, 2011
· Data filter support was added.
· You can now add a filter to the datagrid before it is rendered.
· In addition, a number of enhancements were made to the master detail feature such as support for multiple detail grids of a master grid as well as nested master detail grid support.
· The dropdown menu now supports using a database lookup table as the data source. Some cosmetic enhancement methods include column grouping with summary row, the ability to set column width, and row number display.
December 20th, 2010
· This version addresses a few bugs discovered in the initial 4.0 version, and has code optimization when used against a large dataset.