November 17th, 2012
· PC-BSD handbook has been updated for 9.1
· Fixed bug where some keyboard layouts were not being displayed
· Multiple functionality and stability improvements for EasyPBI
· Multiple functionality and stability improvements for TrueOS
· New functionality improvements including better detection added to the mount-tray
· Fixed bug where default mount points were not being set correctly using ZFS mirror/raidz mode
· Fixed bug where update manager was not displaying the proper error text when failing
· Added new ability to create ZFS datasets for jail environments
· Added UK wireless channel 12 support
· Fixed bug where Linux jails were not importing properly
· Mirrors are now auto detected and set based upon location
· Automatic ZFS 4K blocksize enabled by default
· System manager should now show the correct dialog for “default”
· auto-detected mirrors.
August 24th, 2012
· Based on FreeBSD 9.1-RC1.
· Added new functionality to the warden client. You can now schedule daily / hourly creation of jail snapshots. You may also set the number of days worth of jails you wish to keep. Old jail snapshots will be removed automatically.
· Improve the shutdown scripts to make sure we unmount, even if the jail was manually stopped.
· Added Active Directory / LDAP backend and GUI utility.
· Fixed a number of bugs relating to jail creation / management.
· Auto-enable the flash plugin when creating new users.
· Added some initial packages to TrueOS, such as sudo / bash and others.
· Bugfixes to AppCafe.
· Fixed Window Maker startup issues.
· Added the Enlightenment (E17) desktop as an unsupported desktop meta-package.
· Added lots of new packages for TrueOS / Warden.
July 18th, 2012
· FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1
· KDE 4.8.4
· Support for "Warden" to create Linux Jails (Debian & Gentoo support included)
· Fixed a bug with mouse cursor fonts changing over some tray apps
· Correct some bugs with mouse not being detected after display wizard
· Add new "TrueOS" server option, alongside FreeBSD Vanilla.
· Display detected video resolution / driver on confirmation screen
· Add new IPv4 / IPv6 validation to address fields
· Fix bugs exporting / importing jails via Warden
· Add new "Hardware Compatibility Check" GUI, which is available during install and via Control Panel
· Add new "Sound Configuration" GUI, which lets user select and test different sound devices
· Add NVIDIA legacy drivers for cards older than 8-10 years (32bit only)
· Added option to "mount/clone" jail snapshots via the Warden
January 13th, 2012
· Based upon FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE
· Support for installing a variety of Window Managers, such as KDE, GNOME, XFCE, LXDE and more!
· Improved PBI system, allows library sharing, binary diff updating, custom repositories, digital signing and more!
· Support for "freebsd-update" via the System Update GUI.
· New Control Panel, providing consistent configuration options across various Window Managers.
· Improved networking utilities, including wifi quick-connect.
· Enhanced "Life-Preserver" utility for doing off-site rsync backups of user data.
· New VirtualBox / VMware disk images, with integrated guest tools.
· Support for UFS+Journaling out of box
· New graphical boot options page
· Support for installation to BootCamp partitions on OSX systems.
· And much more!
January 11th, 2011
· Updated to FreeBSD 8.2-RC1
· Fixed issue detecting the proper video card driver - 8316
· Fixed some crashes when adding new users / groups - 8243
· Added /sbin/nologin as a shell choice in the user manager - 8240
· Let created users have a homedir of /nonexistant via the GUI - 8247
· Fix customizing desktop languages when using a () in the description - 8343
December 21st, 2010
· Updated to KDE 4.5.4
· Updated to FreeBSD 8.2-PreRelease
Installation related bugfixes and enhancements:
· Added ability to select FS type during auto-partitioning - 8099
· Added ability to enable Encryption during auto-partitioning
· Added ability to change hostname from installer - 8153
· Fixed bug switching to some non-english languages - 8223
· MFC option to select between MBR/GPT partitioning - 8154
· MFC number of fixes to Network Manager - 8088 8089 8090 8091
· Added option to enable / disable using "lagg" fail-over network interface
July 21st, 2010
· Updated to KDE 4.4.5
· Updated to FreeBSD 8.1
Numerous fixes to installer, such as:
· Switch to "gpart" instead of fdisk for backend
· Improvements to ZFS, allowing mirror / raidz setup via GUI
· Encryption pass-phrase support
· Use GPT partitioning when running in dedicated disk mode
· Improvements to life-preserver backup tool
· Fixed issue running downloaded python / ruby plasmoids - 6871
· Fixed nepomuk / strigi default init at first login - 6881
· Fixed issues with wifi tools in calculating signal strength - 6888
· ZFS syntax fix for installs to MBR partition - 6889
· During upgrade now install selected components properly - 6891
· Don't use "lagg" device on systems with no wifi - 6960
· Use "async" for journaled file-systems - 7192
· Enable double-click partition editing action - 7190
· Fixed backwards numlock logic in KDE - 7170
· Added fixes to reduce kdeinit cpu usage from file polling - 7147
· Use 24 bit color depth during install by default - 7020
February 21st, 2010
· FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-P2
· KDE 4.3.5
· Brand new System Installer, allows the install of PC-BSD or FreeBSD
· Run in Live mode directly from DVD
· Updated Software Manager, allows browsing and installing applications directly
· Support for 3D acceleration with NVIDIA drivers on amd64
February 13th, 2010
· Updated to KDE 4.3.5
· Updated Perl to 5.10.1
· Updated to xorg-server 1.6.1
· Fixed our utilities to load i18n properly
· Added missing boot splash screen
· Updated font support for Japanese
· Fixed bugs with lagg driver
· Fixed bug trying to run in LIVE mode on boot-only media
· Fixed upgrade issues from 7.x -> 8.x
· Fixed Slovenian country code
· Fixed issue when trying to upgrade / remove 7.x PBIs
· Fixed ugly print fonts in FF / Konq
· Fixed bugs with networking installation
· Removed duplicate hostnames in rc.conf
· Make DEL key work in konsole / csh
· Disable AGP when using nvidia
· Fixed bug upgrading a PBI and KIO file renaming
March 28th, 2009
· Fixed bugs with nvidia driver replacing libwfb incorrectly - 3620
· Fixed bug finding version number when doing update from 7.1 -> 7.1 - 3599
· Added tests for partition / slice space requirements during install - 3637
· Added pykde4 and KDE 4 printing utilities
· Fixed flash9 plugin on amd64 - 3654
· Updated runports command to accept arguments for running apps in /usr/local - 3629
· Fixed several tools to use UTF-8 when reading file data, fixing localization issues - 3635
· Fixed CUPS ppd search paths, which improves number of available printing drivers.
March 10th, 2009
· The PC-BSD Team is pleased to announce the availability of PC-BSD 7.1-BETA1, running FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE, and KDE 4.2.1. Version 7.1 contains a number of enhancements and improvements. Some of the changes are: KDE 4.2.1; X.Org 7.4; separate PC-BSD and FreeBSD localbase, allows running both PBIs and FreeBSD ports without touching the desktop; upgrade option during sys-install preserves users PBIs, ports and home directory while updating PC-BSD; improved online update manager, uses less CPU resources; desktop speed improvements.
December 12th, 2008
· Updated KDE to 4.1.3
· Improved the Online Updater tool, to support proxy servers, and use custom TMPDIR
· Added KDE4 startup script for nvidia cards, which improves performance with desktop lag, and compositing effects
· Updated sound-detect script to support several new cards
· Fixed a series of bugs in the System Manager tool
· Fixed occasional crash when using portsnap
· Fixed bug preventing clicking of "apply" after changing settings
· Fixed bug loading bootup splash screen images
· Fixed a bug with occasional hang's at shutdown, due to hung knotify4 processes
· Fixed installation issues when trying to install PC-BSD to free disk space, and the partition does not yet exist
· Upgraded HAL to 0.5.11_8 which fixes errors when trying to eject optical media in KDE4 and improves NTFS-3G support
· Fixed a problem with scanner permissions preventing user scaning
· Fixed bug performing PBI updates, which removed the old PBIbut didn't always install the new one
· Put a check in place to prevent using ZFS with less than 1GB of system memory
October 21st, 2008
· Updated KDE to 4.1.2
· Update Nvidia driver to 177.80 - SVN: 2868
· Fixed various bugs causing crashes with System Updater - SVN: 2780 , SVN: 2790 , SVN: 2908
· Fixed bugs with partitions becoming mis-aligned due to incorrect sizing - SVN: 2809 , SVN: 2810
· Added support for NTFS writing directly in KDE4 - SVN: 2811
· Fixed sound detection for ALI M5451 PCI Audio Device - SVN: 2821
· Fixed out of memory errors when installing on 256MB of RAM - SVN: 2825 , SVN: 2827 , SVN: 2828
· Added new KMenu->System->Display Setup Wizard icon to re-run the X Setup tool - SVN: 2832
· Added support for linux-flashplugin9 to the default install for i386 and amd64 - SVN: 2850 , SVN: 2851
· Fixed an error about setting up Xorg for QEMU on install - SVN: 2848
· 7.0.1 now includes all the KDE l10n packages by default, allowing users to switch languages and locales "on-the-fly" - SVN: 2877
· Fixed a bug which caused a sound-detection error notification by mistake when the user was running an alternative OSS - SVN: 2901
· Fixed the Wifi tool to work with very long SSID's and ones with multiple spaces in the name - SVN: 2895
· Updated the Wifi tool to allow network profiles, and connect to the best available network - SVN: 2904
· Added a new System Updater launcher to the System Settings utility - SVN: 2906
· Added support to xorg-gui to allow user to run radeonhd driver - SVN: 2909
· Corrected some apps showing up in their respective kickoff directory - SVN: 2910
September 16th, 2008
· Updated KDE to 4.1.1
· Updated Nvidia driver to 177.70 (beta)
· Updated included Quick-Guide to version for 7
· Added additional ATH wifi device support
· Fixed BSDStats reporting
· Improved Xorg setup of ATI cards, should enable DRI for more systems
· Updated installer to support all varieties of passwords, including spaces and special characters
· Fixed detecting and using SSID's with a space in the name
· Fixed initial login sound playback
· Updated USB install to support FAT formatted USB sticks
· Fixed numerous other bug reports from previous betas