New in version 3.9.1
February 7th, 2014
- Yesterday's release of Openfire 3.9.0 had some problems with packaging of the release. Bouncycastle signed jar files were getting packed, which then caused problems when Openfire attempted to load them. We have hopefully fixed this issue and cleaned up a few other details and are proud to announce a 3.9.1 release!
New in version 3.9.0 (February 6th, 2014)
- Openfire Bug Fixes:
- [OF-454] - Openfire does not send user presence information to all resources of the user
- [OF-496] - javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: bad_record_mac
- [OF-676] - Pressing on workgroup in Fastpath causes an exception
- [OF-677] - Monitoring Plugin - "Null" reappearing in Archive for Message Body
- [OF-678] - Monitoring Plugin - Ever expanding Index
- [OF-680] - Packet Filter Plugin does not allow creation of wildcard rules
- [OF-718] - Fix Debian initscript to support more JAVA_HOME paths
- [OF-719] - Userservice plugin leaves user roster items in DB when user is deleted
- Openfire Improvements:
- [OF-654] - Openfire failes to create tables on MySQL 5.6
- [OF-679] - Packet Filter - Add option for "All Groups" and auto creation of rules based on Openfire Group Settings
- [OF-700] - Add a method to refresh a MUC room
- [OF-701] - Better group properties handling
- [OF-703] - UserService Plugin - Auto-create shared groups if not existing
- [OF-704] - Make LDAP connection timeout configurable
- [OF-715] - Update Openfire bouncycastle library from 1.46 to 1.49
- Openfire New Features:
- [OF-681] - Add ability to search plugin to be able to restrict searching for users to only the group a user is in
- [OF-716] - Add Jitsi Videobridge plugin to Openfire plugins
- Openfire Task Fixes:
- [OF-698] - Bump version on all bundled openfire plugins, bump min version due to distributing java6 binaries now
New in version 3.6.3 (January 10th, 2009)
- Cross-site scripting attacks were fixed on several pages.
- An error in DefaultGroupProvide, certificate import, and the Flash cross domain handler were fixed.
New in version 3.6.2 (November 25th, 2008)
- An IQ packet without the 'id' attribute could disconnect other users.
- Stream Compression has been re-added.
- A UTF-8 problem in HttpBindServlet has been fixed.
- The HTTPS port is once again working with HTTP Binding.
New in version 3.6.1 (November 16th, 2008)
- A security flaw allowed authentication to be bypassed, allowing arbitrary code execution. This was fixed.
- JDBC and JID optimizations were done.
New in version 3.5.2 (September 8th, 2008)
- This release adds a Slovenian translation.
- It updates the MINA library and Jetty server.
- Clients are no longer able to disconnect other clients.
- MUC lock could freeze the entire server.
- Resource conflict when running in a cluster was having synchronization problems.
- Sending non-Latin symbols in email messages is allowed.
- Closing idle HTTP sessions was not removing the user from groupchat rooms.
New in version 3.6.0 Alpha (September 4th, 2008)
- Clearspace integration was improved.
- LDAP support was improved.
- Multiple conference services are supported.
- BOSH (HTTP Binding) was improved.