November 23rd, 2012
· Added Grid methods that return non-const tree and transform references without triggering deep copies, as well as const methods that return const shared pointers.
· Added Grid methods to populate a grid's metadata with statistics like the active voxel count, and to retrieve that metadata. By default, statistics are now computed and added to grids whenever they are written to .vdb files.
· Added io::File::readGridMetadata and io::File::readAllGridMetadata methods to read just the grid metadata and transforms from a .vdb file.
· Fixed numerical precision issues in the csgUnion, csgIntersection and csgDifference tools, and added toggles to optionally disable postprocess pruning.
· Fixed an issue in vdb_view with the ordering of GL vertex buffer calls. [Contributed by Bill Katz]
· Fixed an intermittent crash in the ParticlesToLevelSet tool, as well as a race condition that could cause data corruption.
· The ParticlesToLevelSet tool and From Particles SOP can now transfer arbitrary point attribute values from the input particles to output voxels.
· Fixed a bug in the Convert SOP whereby the names of primitives were lost during conversion, and another bug that resulted in arithmetic errors when converting empty grids.
· Fixed a bug in the Combine SOP that caused the Operation selection to be lost.