OpenNHRP 0.14.1 - Changelog
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.14.1:February 7th, 2013
- This version fixes handling of multicast packets by not sending useless traffic indications about them.
- It also fixes recovery from DNS lookup failure of dynamic-map bindings.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.14:December 13th, 2012
- The license has changed to MIT.
- This version adds minor bugfixes to handle network configuration errors properly (e.g., protocol address routing loops and very low holding times).
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.13.1:June 23rd, 2012
- This version adds minor fixes for configurations with multiple mgre interfaces.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.13:December 26th, 2011
- Minor feature improvements for multiple ISP setups with failover.
- Memory corruption and memory leaks that occur when acting as NHS (with heavy traffic) have been fixed.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.12.3:August 19th, 2011
- Leaf (re)discovery immediately after reboot was fixed when stale IPsec SAs are still present and IPsec initial-contact notification is expected to flush them.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.12.1:March 24th, 2011
- The GRE key is now exported to opennhrp-script (to allow dual-DMVPN setups).
- Minor bugs in config directives were fixed, along with building for certain configurations.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.11.1:September 1st, 2009
- A Libev update, fixes for bugs related to local address monitoring, and minor documentation improvements.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.11:June 18th, 2009
- introduce 'dynamic-map' directive to autodetect all next hop servers from a domain name with multiple A entries
- 'multicast' directive to better control softswitching of multicast packets
- use libev instead of the self written event handling code
- enable Forward NHS extension for Traffic Indications to drop the message after it has visited all NHS:es (otherwise it would loop between them until ttl expires)
- performance optimizations to packet capturing, multicast packet process switching, handling of registration requests and logging
- fix 64-bit compatibility issues
- some code documentation and clean ups
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.10.3:May 5th, 2009
- fix handling of c-ares timeouts
- fix cancellation of asynchronous operations in peer cache
- fix control socket default location (broke on makefile rewrite)
- code clean up (rename reference counting functions)
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.10.2:April 28th, 2009
- various safety measures in case of off-nbma routing loops
- fix a bug which caused static entries without 'register' to get deleted
- try to combine shortcut routes to get less nhrp cache entries
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.10:April 21st, 2009
- use c-ares library to make dns queries asynchronous
- fix mtu handling from registration requests
- avoid opennhrp-script zombie floods by reaping children between processing registration request packets
- rewrite build system to something similar to kbuild
- migrate to git
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.9.3:February 21st, 2009
- OpenNHRP now reacts properly to public IP changes: it purges all related peer cache entries, flushes the old IP from all local caches, and re-registers if necessary.
- A false assertion was also removed that could cause the opennhrp acting as NHS to abort under some conditions.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.9.1:January 1st, 2009
- A problem in peer cache enumeration that could crash opennhrp under special circumstances was fixed.
- The example opennhrp-script was updated to show how to add host routes with MTU.
- PID file locking is now done as the first thing to prevent accidental startup of opennhrp (which would make the initial instance unusable by overwriting the control socket).
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.9:December 27th, 2008
- New features in this release are usage of a monotonic system clock for time keeping (where available), Cisco compatible purging of unique registrations, detection and handling of MTU information, and additional configuration options.
- Unavailability of DNS at startup is no longer considered a hard error.
- A new example opennhrp-script was added, showing how to check IPsec certificates.
- A bunch of fixes and code cleanups were done too.
What's new in OpenNHRP 0.8:October 3rd, 2008
- licensing terms changed to GPL version 2 or later
- send purge request to shortcut subnets after registration
- clear redirection rate limiting cache for purge request addresses
- new admin commands: "redirect purge" and "schedule"
- rename admin commands: "flush", "purge" and "show" to have "cache" prefix (accepts still old style commands for a while)
- make logging a bit less verbose
- minor fixes to renewals of peers and shortcut routes
- fix a memory leak