New in version 3.0.4
February 18th, 2015
- web application is now signed with trusted certificate (no warnings)
- RTMPT/RTMPS works as expected
- audio/video synchronization is improved
- It is now possible to rename the recording
- Recordings stability is improved
- Dashboard, Calendar, Settings and Admin are more RTL friendly
- Time zone support is greatly improved
New in version 2.1.1 (November 15th, 2013)
- This maintenance release included fixes for around 25 in audio/video, microphone settings, and compatibility with Java JDK 7.
New in version 1.9.1 (December 14th, 2011)
- Fixes JAR conflict that leads to startup problems on some machines (javax.persistence.* Exception)
New in version 1.9.0 (December 6th, 2011)
- Run OpenMeetings over SSL using HTTPS and RTMPS see RTMPSandHTTPS
- Rename the complete application webapp path see CustomizingWebappName
- rtmpT (rtmp over HTTP Tunneling) working again
- Save polls: You can now save polls, delete polls and close polls. Also poll results are displayed as pie-charts.
- Mute any user: You can mute yourself. Additionally moderators can also mute other microphones. Mute status is displayed in user-list and status icons in video pod and on top of the user list
- Give exclusive microphone: Mute everybody except yourself with a single click. The User can click on his video pod (or press F12), if he has the needed rights, his micro is unmuted while everybody else is muted. The moderator can additionally give the right to have the functionality to "Give exclusive microphone" to to any user and/or can also directly click on any other participant's video to "Give exclusive microphone" to this user.
- You can now see in your own video pod not only the green light but also the full activity meter indicating your loudness
- You can now choose between multiple resolutions for the video, remote video pods are synced to the size too. With different dimension (4:3, 16:9). Does also reduce needed bandwidth to use exactly the supported resolution and you can choose smaller video sizes to save bandwidth. You can also change the available resolutions and default selection in the config.xml see ScreenResolutions
- Invalid invitation hashs now show in the error message why and in which time period they are exactly valid
- Refactored calendar server side code to use java.util.Timezone everywhere. The application now stores all times in the server time. Only the backup contains timestamps so you could potentially export in one time zone and import into a server of another without issues.
- Changed calendar E-Mail and fixed iCal invitation in Gmail to display correctly
- Calendar meeting reminder email is now send 15 minutes upfront (15 minutes can be changed in configuration)
- Default room size for conference rooms created via calendar is now 50 (default room size can be changed in configuration)
- Minimum length for user and password is not 4 (minimum length can be changed in configuration)
- Fix new FFMPEG param style (you can revert to use the old param style through the config_key "use.old.style.ffmpeg.map.option") see SwitchBetweenFFMPEG
- Max upload size can be configured new (max_upload_size)
- Fix calendar if first-day-in-week is configured to be Monday instead of Sunday (default)
- JUnit tests now run integrated in Eclipse and on the Nightly Build Server see JUnitTestings
- Apache RAT is integrated to handle some parts of the code audit when importing our code to Apache Incubator SVN
- Oracle available as DB configuration see Configuration_Oracle
New in version 1.8.8 (November 15th, 2011)
- Fixes problem when participants draw simultaneously to whiteboard (In some use-cases where one participants holds the mouse-down where another user does serveral mouse-up+down actions the resulting drawing was incorrect)
New in version 1.8.7 (November 7th, 2011)
- Fixes ENTER-Key/Event in Remote Desktop Control
New in version 1.8.4 (October 9th, 2011)
- Zero conf installation, 3 steps to install, see InstallationOpenMeetings
- add configuration and documentation for IBM DB2, see Configuration_IBM_DB2
New in version 1.8.3 (October 3rd, 2011)
- Fix Issue with recording flag and SOAP API
New in version 1.8.2 (September 26th, 2011)
- Improves language handling: The default language is bound now to the user-profile, not to the server settings!
- Fix some issue in creating conferences via the integrated calendar
- Fixes issues when drag and droping a video from the file-explorer to the whiteboard
- Update Chinese Simplified
New in version 1.8.1 (September 20th, 2011)
- Fix Spring/openJPA migration issues in Language-Editor import and in LDAP / ADS integration module
New in version 1.6.2 (March 8th, 2011)
- Fix for Mysql 5.5
- Update of persistance Library to Hibernate 3.6.1
- Update Mysql JDBC Driver to MySQL JConnector 1.5.15
- Rename field comment as it seems to be a reserved word in Oracle
New in version 1.6 RC1 (November 11th, 2010)
- Watch the small demo about new features: http://www.youtube.com/user/sebastwagner#p/u/0/EriKb0zY0lM
- You can login using your Facebook account now
- Private message center, send users messages, organize them in folders, you can book conference rooms by sending private messages, the booked event is automatically in your and the participants calendar, changes to that event will be populated to all users booked to the event.
- User contacts, you can search users, add them to your contacts
- Share your calendar with your contacts
- Add offerings and interest to your profile to find people with similar interest
- Reworked Full-fit functionality, Full-fit does rescale the document on the screen to be 100% visible on all screens, no matter what screen resolution you got. So the zoom might be 60% on one pc and 79% on a participant with different screen resolution
- Objects drawn on the whiteboard do now zoom according to the document and the zoom itself can be now between 0 and 200% of the actual pixel size
- Encrpyted PDFs do work now
- The backup does contain various fixes and includes the complete folder structure of the recordings + recordorded files, and all data that is generated by the new features private messages and user contacts
- Some new timezones and fixes for the release 1.5 regarding wrong time zones in some mail notifications
New in version 1.5 RC1 (September 27th, 2010)
- Timezone support in User Profile, Calendar and Invitations. Users can now organize Events with people from different timezones and the system will keep track on handling the event time correctly, see also TimeZoneHandling
- Re-Styling and fixing some layout aspects
- Quick-link button next to each user-name in dashboard user list and in every chat box to quickly guide people to a conference room
- small Bug fixes
New in version 1.4 RC1 (August 26th, 2010)
- Remote Desktop Control (RDC) in Screen Sharing and separated right for RDC in user list, Moderators are able by default to do RDC other users can apply for it using the right-buttons
- New separated right for allowing Screen Sharing and Recording
- Multi-Domain Support: Separated Admin interface for configuring multiple LDAP configurations with a single OpenMeetings Instance, in the Login Box you are able to choose different domains now, each domain represents a LDAP config (you can still use the internal DB all the time, the internal DB is always in the list)
- New Room features: Close and open conference rooms. Additionally with a redirect-URL in case the room is closed and SOAP Methods to remotely open and close room. Moderators can also close a room from inside the conference room (Menubar: Actions > Close room). Users which are already loggedin will then be redirected to the redirect URL
- Fix missing attributes in Backup file and add Meeting-Members
- New Language: Danish, thx to ALO, update Spanish thx to Jesmargo
- Various small Bugfixes
New in version 1.3 RC1 (June 23rd, 2010)
- New Features:
- Drawings stay on slide when you turn the page of a document on the whiteboard
- Restricted Room Type further optimization for 100++ participants. We have done some Stress test with the University of Umeå from Sweden and Vasaa in Finland with about 120-130 participants in a Single Conference Room (Type Restricted). They went successfull. Thanks to the Team of http://www.openkvarken.fi again
- Quality Settings in Screen Sharing Clients, contributed by Giovanni Possemato / Bitflow (http://www.bitflow.it) + RTMP-Tunneling Version of ScreenSharer fixed
- New SOAP Calls to get User-Object List including Streamname to broadcast a Video Stream out of a Conference directly
- Screen Sharing/Recording is now a separated right, therefore new layout for User-List in all room-types
- Option in Room-Settings and Administration "Audio Only" so users can only do Voice Conference in those rooms
- Video Pod hidden (Conference-Roomtype) or minimized (Webinar/Restricted-Roomtype) if User selects only Audio as device to broadcast
- Activity-Icon highlights when user speaks, now also in User-List (Room-Type Conference) instead of Video-Pod
- System Backup and Import - You can export now completely Users + Rooms + Organizations + all associations + all uploaded Files into a single ZIP and re-import that ZIP in a freshly installed OpenMeetings (of course you need a OpenMeetings Version greater 1.3 to be able to import the ZIP again) see also UpdateOpenMeetings
- Major Bug fixes:
- Invitations Password does not work
- Reminder Email not beeing send before scheduled Meetings (now send 15 minutes upfront no matter if ICAL or simple Mail)
- lots of small things
New in version 0.9 RC5 (September 29th, 2009)
- This release adds a new screen sharing client and viewer which uses the OpenMeetings Screen Sharing Protocol.
- With the new sharing, you have two options as a viewer: you can either use the built-in HTTP version of the desktop viewer (pull version) or you can load a webstart application which uses the ODSP protocol (push version).
- This release also has a more flexible room layout, and the size of the whiteboard can be adjusted to fullscreen.
New in version 0.9 RC3 (September 16th, 2009)
- This is a bugfix release for users that have issues with documents or images that contain non-ASCII characters and for Linux users that have issues when typing special characters into input-fields.
New in version 0.8.4 (June 23rd, 2009)
- Create both Room Types Conference Room (Multiple Videos) and Event Room (Single Bigger Video)
- Set an individual Room Language and Max Number of Participant per Room
- Set a Flag for a Room so that Students and Guests have to wait and will NOT become the Moderation Role in a Conference Room by default, they will have to wait untill a Moodle-Teacher, -Admin or -Creating-Teacher comes and enters a Room.
New in version 0.7 RC2 (February 6th, 2009)
- This release candidate adds a new UI to the conference room and a new styling for the complete application.
- In the conference room, the moderator can now allow multiple people to draw simultaneously to the whiteboard.
- A number of critical bugs are fixed in the database config for MySQL to prevent connection errors.
- The previously removed invitation ability is now available again through the menu bar.
New in version 0.7 RC1 (January 28th, 2009)
- This version includes a reworked whiteboard and toolset.
- You can now resize every video freely.
- The number of clients inside a room can now be up to 1000.
- You can freely adjust every single video.
- The issues reported with Flash Player 10 have been fixed.
- Eighteen languages are now supported.
New in version 0.5.2 (September 25th, 2008)
- This is a development snapshot.
- A Pointer Tool was added. Non-moderators can click on the whiteboard and everybody will see that.
- The annoying bandwidth warning in the Screen-Sharing Client was removed.
- The Screen Sharing Client now stops broadcasting screens to all users if the user leaves the room.
- New toolbars, a Hungarian translation, and a new property inspector were added.
- A browser feature was removed.
- The recording button was disabled.
- The window resizer was changed.
- A servlet was added for direct login and invoking of SOAP methods without using SOAP.