New in version 2.3.8
October 11th, 2011
- This version includes support for most TK102/TK103 GPS tracking devices.
- It has an updated JSON API in "events.war".
- It adds Unicode character encoding to address and other text displayed on maps.
- It has an updated Spanish language translation.
- There are various bugfixes.
New in version 2.3.5 (July 3rd, 2011)
- Support for OpenCellID mobile cell-tower GPS location service is now included.
- Event query "events.war" now supports JSON formatted GPS record output.
- Additional Status Codes and table fields were added.
- Map bug fixes for Internet Explorer are included.
New in version 2.3.0 (February 4th, 2011)
- NEW: Hungarian language localization (many thanks to Totyi Ferenc).
- NEW: Added Device "Creation Date" read-only field to "Device Admin" page.
- NEW: Added Device "deviceCreateDateTime" field to report EventDataLayout fields.
- NEW: Added a "Pushpin" column, to display the event map pushpin, to various Event Detail Reports. Enable by setting the "columnPushpin" property, in the file 'reports.xml', to "true".
- NEW: Added additional boolean condition testing to "RTConfigTag.java" module.
- NEW: Added maximum allowed number of devices field "maximumDevices" to Account table, and supported on System Admin Accounts page.
- NEW: Added support for "Nominatim" reverse-geocode provider, available from Mapquest and OpenStreetMap (see 'private.xml')
- NEW: Added several additional Status Code definitions.
- CHG: Changed Pushpin selection pulldown on the Device Admin and StatusCode Admin pages to display more pushpins at one time.
- CHG: Made changes to URIArg.java utility module.
- CHG: Updated "OpenGTS_Config.pdf" document.
- FIX: Fixed issues with EventData "getNextEventData" (thanks to SourceForge user Daniel [xing2kin] for finding this).
- FIX: Fixed "sipgear" device communication server IMEI# parsing issue.
New in version 2.2.7 (September 13th, 2010)
- New accounts can now be created through the "sysadmin" Web interface.
- A Russian language translation was included.
- A "Fleet Detail" report group was added.
- The Polygon Geozone feature is now enabled by default.
New in version 2.1.6 (October 8th, 2009)
- This version now includes sortable table columns on reports and admin pages, and descriptive pushpin "labels" on group map showing last known GPS location.
- Example GPS Tracking device 'template' server updates were made.
- Miscellaneous bugs were fixed.
New in version 2.1.1 (June 3rd, 2009)
- Added support for GPX (GPS Exchange format) data format to the 'events.war' servlet. (See http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp for information regarding GPX)
- Added "Creating/Modifying Reports" section to 'OpenGTS_Config.pdf'.
- Added additional checks for JDK installation to CheckInstall for Windows users.
- Should now build to completion without the JavaMail 'mail.jar' file, however email sending will be disabled.
- 'activation.jar' is no longer needed (already included in Java 6).
- Increased Device background thread pool size to 25.
- Fixed runtime config file path conversion from 'URL' to 'File' when the file path happens to contain embedded spaces.
New in version 2.0.8 (May 6th, 2009)
- This is version v2.0.8 update of the OpenGTS Open GPS Tracking System. This release contains the following changes (see CHANGELOG.txt for a detailed change history):
- Added additional status codes (see StatuseCodes.java)
- Added "speedLimitKPH"/"isTollRoad" fields to EventData for reverse-geocoders that support returning this information.
- Added "validgps" argument to 'Event' servlet URL to allow only valid GPS locations.
- Added support for "idle" elapsed time to MotionReport.
- Added "Ignition Input Line" to Device Info page to specify which digitial input (if any) is used as the 'ignition' sense (used by MotionReport to calculate "idle" tile).
- Added an error indication when running 'bin/checkInstall.sh' as 'root', plus other additional checks.
- Removed "Totals" line generation from CSV report output.
- Fixed 'admin.bat' to work around Windows batch file processing issues.
- Added additional commercial Geonames support.
- See 'CHANGELOG.txt' for additional details.
New in version 2.0.7 (April 5th, 2009)
- Added additional help/comments to RuleFactoryExample.java.
- Special thanks to Thomas Cozien for providing the French localization.
- Added server support for GPSMapper "Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker" project client component on SourceForge (http://gpsmapper.sourceforge.net). This support module is still undergoing testing and may not yet be fully functional.
- Added new device communication server support for the I-Care G3300. Build with command "ant icare".
- Fixed 'initdb' command to create new tables with proper character set encoding. Previously, the work-around was to run the 'dbAdmin.pl -tables=ca' command to alter the various table columns to the appropriate character set.
- See 'CHANGELOG.txt' for additional details.
New in version 2.0.4 (January 2nd, 2009)
- Latitude and longitude display formats may now be configured.
- The calendar's first day of week can now be set to Monday.
- Google KML support was integrated.
- A Turkish language translation is now included.