New in version 9.1
December 22nd, 2009
- Controlling Cycle Option now allows implementing project handbooks on basis of PMI and IPMA recommendations including standard project reports
- Onepoint Software, the leading vendor of easy-to-use enterprise project management (EPM) software, has released its newest version of Onepoint Project today. The focus of release 9.1 is on formal project management and controlling as defined by the PMI and IPMA standards. Onepoint was able to introduce all elements of formal project management and controlling without compromising on ease-of-use. As with earlier releases, the new version was created in close cooperation with many existing customers and partners from various industries including manufacturing, steel, banking and IT.
- Formal Project Management with Minimum Administrative Overhead
- Onepoint Project 9.1 combines Onepoint’s award-winning simple and practical approach to project management with functionality important for implementing a digital project handbook containing the four most popular standard reports in formal project management. Existing functionalities have been naturally extended in order to carefully preserve the well-received simplicity of its project management software family.
- In order to document the project team, the project resource pool was extended with formal project roles, function definitions and virtual teams. Project and activity meta-information now include a "Context" section that allows defining the greater project context as well as the formal start and closure of the project. Also, deliverables have been introduced on both the project and activity levels: a PM planning approach that is becoming increasingly popular in formal project management.
- Integrated Controlling and Reporting with the New Controlling Cycle Option
- A central aspect of Onepoint 9.1 is the 2nd generation of the Controlling Cycle Option that includes a totally redesigned "controlling sheet". The controlling sheet documents the project progress and includes traffic lights and comment fields across all common project-controlling dimensions such as quality, dates, resources and costs. It also allows the project manager to document the current situation and to provide a forecast on the progress of the project. Whenever the project manager submits a controlling sheet, all traffic lights in the multi-project overviews are automatically updated, thus providing upper management and the project steering committee with up-to-date progress information across all running projects.
- The new Controlling Cycle Option also introduces integrated, multi-section standard project reports including project order, work instruction, project progress and project closure reports. Each report can be created with one click directly from its "natural context", e.g., the project progress report is generated from the controlling sheet. All information used for creating the printable PDF reports is stored in the central project repository; no need anymore to spend many hours to create separate, manual reports using text processing software such as Microsoft Word.
- "Onepoint Project 9.1 will change the way how medium-sized project-driven organizations implement day-to-day enterprise project management", says Onepoint founder and CEO Gerald Aquila. "It was never easier to support formal project management and controlling with standard software. With our new Controlling Cycle Option you can set up central project controlling in days rather than months."
- Onepoint Project is commercial open source software that supports the complete project lifecycle. Onepoint's full strength shows in its ability to provide a fast and clear overview across all running projects including real-time snapshots on resource allocation and utilization. More information and free 60-day trial versions of Onepoint's commercial products can be found on www.onepoint-project.com. Onepoint's entry-level "Group Edition" for one project manager and four project contributors is now available for only EUR 999 instead of EUR 1499 until the end of this year.