New in version 1.0.11
February 17th, 2014
- This release fixes major performance issues with octo_parser.
- Code rewriting has reduced memory usage and improved performance.
New in version 1.0.8 (February 26th, 2013)
- The LDAP Authentication problem with Active Directory and the Logs Viewer display problem have been fixed.
- You can now click on device name in the 'Last minute messages box' to go to the 'Device Dashboard' page.
New in version 1.0.7 (January 26th, 2013)
- This version fixes bugs in Alerts, Search Templates, Translation, and the Web interface.
New in version 1.0.6 (September 6th, 2012)
- The octo_tool program has been updated to handle backups and to easily move and copy patterns between services.
- References to 8pussy.org in the whole project have been replaced by octopussy.pm.
- Some services and tables have been updated.
- You can now change the banner image if you don't like the octopuss logo.
- LDAP users can now have the same roles and preferences as local users.
- Some bugs related to cache statistics, Debian packaging, LDAP, and error messages have been fixed.
New in version 1.0.5 (June 25th, 2012)
- This version fixes a bug discovered in the last release related to devices with only the IP address as devicename.
New in version 1.0.4 (June 23rd, 2012)
- A lot of work has been done to prevent XSS attacks.
- Some minor bugfixes and improvements have been made to the Web Interface.
- A "Cache clearing" feature has been added to the octo_tool program.
New in version 1.0 (November 14th, 2011)
- 'Octopussy restart from Web Interface' feature has been disabled because it was buggy
- Bugfixing '-- ANY --' selection in 'logs_viewer.asp' page
- Bugfix #3432668: Unable to enable/disable statistics in 'device_services.asp' page
- Bugfix #3434572: Bug in Waiting_For_Process_Already_Running function
- Bugfix #3435120: Dispatcher now drops line (and don't create a new invalid device) if the device name is not valid
New in version 1.0 RC6 (November 3rd, 2011)
- Security issues have been fixed in several Web pages.
- Two major bugs have been fixed: the GTalk/XMPP issues and the Regexp::Assemble failures.
- Minor feature requests have been added/fixed in the Web interface.
- Several services have been added and updated.
New in version 1.0 RC4 (July 7th, 2011)
- Now you can choose between Rsyslog and Syslog-ng as a syslog receiver backend.
- Services and Tables updates on www.8pussy.org are now updated daily from the Subversion repository.
- Minor improvements have been made in the Web Interface.
- Many bugs have been fixed.