February 26th, 2013
· The LDAP Authentication problem with Active Directory and the Logs Viewer display problem have been fixed.
· You can now click on device name in the 'Last minute messages box' to go to the 'Device Dashboard' page.
January 26th, 2013
· This version fixes bugs in Alerts, Search Templates, Translation, and the Web interface.
September 6th, 2012
· The octo_tool program has been updated to handle backups and to easily move and copy patterns between services.
· References to 8pussy.org in the whole project have been replaced by octopussy.pm.
· Some services and tables have been updated.
· You can now change the banner image if you don't like the octopuss logo.
· LDAP users can now have the same roles and preferences as local users.
· Some bugs related to cache statistics, Debian packaging, LDAP, and error messages have been fixed.
June 25th, 2012
· This version fixes a bug discovered in the last release related to devices with only the IP address as devicename.
June 23rd, 2012
· A lot of work has been done to prevent XSS attacks.
· Some minor bugfixes and improvements have been made to the Web Interface.
· A "Cache clearing" feature has been added to the octo_tool program.
November 14th, 2011
· 'Octopussy restart from Web Interface' feature has been disabled because it was buggy
· Bugfixing '-- ANY --' selection in 'logs_viewer.asp' page
· Bugfix #3432668: Unable to enable/disable statistics in 'device_services.asp' page
· Bugfix #3434572: Bug in Waiting_For_Process_Already_Running function
· Bugfix #3435120: Dispatcher now drops line (and don't create a new invalid device) if the device name is not valid
November 3rd, 2011
· Security issues have been fixed in several Web pages.
· Two major bugs have been fixed: the GTalk/XMPP issues and the Regexp::Assemble failures.
· Minor feature requests have been added/fixed in the Web interface.
· Several services have been added and updated.
July 7th, 2011
· Now you can choose between Rsyslog and Syslog-ng as a syslog receiver backend.
· Services and Tables updates on www.8pussy.org are now updated daily from the Subversion repository.
· Minor improvements have been made in the Web Interface.
· Many bugs have been fixed.
February 16th, 2011
· Major bugs regarding ISO DateTime format have been fixed.
January 26th, 2011
· Rsyslog UDP/TCP reception now forced in installation scripts
· Now 'export APACHE_RUN_DIR' in /usr/sbin/directory (needed for Apache2 configuration in some distribs)
· Bugfix SR #3160987: Fixing major issue on ISO8601 DateTime Regexp
· Bugfix #3067657: Wrong scheduling matching fixed and Test Suite updated
· Minor Bugfixes
January 14th, 2011
· WARNING: ISO8601 DateTime format migration ! (see 'ISO8601 DateTime Format Migration')
· Alerts name are now limited to [-_a-zA-Z0-9] characters
· Contacts id are now limited to [-_a-zA-Z0-9] characters
· Services name are now limited to [-_a-zA-Z0-9] characters
· Better Test Suite
· Minor modifications to fix Debian Lintian errors
· Bugfix: Fixing file rights problems in Debian installation
· Bugfix: Missing translation fixed in AAT_Selector_DateTime_Simple.inc
· Bugfix #3061992: %LOGIN% missing in Octopussy logs
· Bugfix #3065906: Bug in Get_Mail_Addresses function in octo_sender
· Bugfix #3064879: Authentication problems after user preferences changes
· Bugfix #3109566: Rsyslog configuration filename changed from 'octopussy.conf' to '10-octopussy.conf'
September 6th, 2010
· User management has been improved.
· The test suite has huge updates.
· Many bugs have been fixed.
· Installation on Linux systems other than Debian has been improved.
October 22nd, 2009
· A major speed improvement (4-5x) in octo_parser and octo_uparser has been made.
· Major code cleanup has been done with Perltidy and applying Perl Best Practices.
· You can now disable/enable statistics by device/service.
· You can now send Alerts with Zabbix_sender.
· You can now specify host and service for Nagios NSCA and Zabbix_sender alerts.
· The Wizard Search Service has been improved.
· Authenticated LDAP is now supported.
· Many bugfixes and minor improvements have been made.
May 19th, 2009
· dispatcher bugs fixed (ID: 2787361,2791070,2792199)
· cron.daily logrotate bug fixed (ID: 2790071)
· Apache2 Installation bug fixed (ID: 2790082)
· Rsyslog Installation bug fixed (ID: 2790769)
April 29th, 2009
· syslog-ng replaced by rsyslog
· /etc/init.d/octopussy is now LSB compliant
· Better Debian installation
· Minor Bugfixes/Improvements
April 21st, 2009
· Better reports with Open Flash Chart !
· RRD taxonomy bug fixed (ID: 2659959)
· Minor Bugfixes/Improvements
February 25th, 2009
· Major Bug discovered & fixed in octo_dispatcher (no more logs were handled by Octopussy !
February 23rd, 2009
· New feature: Logs Availability Viewer
· Now, you can 'replay' logs with octo_replay !
· Before, you can only set log retention duration by Device, now, you can set it by Device/Service
· Logs Viewer now with Loglevel, Taxonomy & MsgID filtering
· Bugfix (ID:2509315) now /usr/sbin/octo_
· require to be launched by Octopussy user
· So Many Bugfixes...
December 3rd, 2008
· A major bug has been fixed in octo_dispatcher.
· The 'apache2 restart' bug has been fixed.
· You can now limit the number of minutes to search for restricted users.
· Some minor WebUI improvements have been made.
November 26th, 2008
· All bugs introduced in the last 2 releases have been fixed; many major bugfixes have been made.
· Some code modifications have been made for Perl 5.10 support.
· Italian and Poruguese Translations have been updated.
November 18th, 2008
· Bugs introduced by the last release have been fixed.
· Now the 'REGEXP' reserved word is 100% compatible with Perl Regexps.
November 13th, 2008
· A Loglevel feature has been added to Logs Viewer & Reporter.
· Selector for Services, Loglevel, and Taxonomy are now fully dynamic.
· The Report SQL Query configurator is now better/easier.
· Minor bugfixes and code cleanup have been done.
October 29th, 2008
· Octopussy World Stats
· New type 'PID' (NUMBER type with no MIN,MAX,AVG,SUM functions)
· Bugfix on Report Edition(ID 1835898)
· Lot of major & minor bugfixes
· Code cleaning
September 4th, 2008
· Now, you can now move a service to the first or last position in the device services list and move a message to the first or last position in the service messages list.
· The dispatcher now logs every 10 seconds and doesn't update the RRD file anymore, which will improve performance.
· Some major bugfixes have been done.
· Services have been updated.