New in version 5.1
November 12th, 2013
- new features like the PayPal standalone module and the Mobile Theme were added as encapsulated modules into the standard package of OXID eShop
- addressed some legal issues as well as SEPA integration
- streamlined language files as well as code
- focussed on changes that might be helpful for developers for better implementation, debugging and development
- raised the granularity of caching capabilities with the introduction of new widgets
- dropped the support for PHP 5.2
New in version 5.0 (December 5th, 2012)
- Basically, we decided to focus feature-wise on Enterprise Edition especially to serve clients with high load scenarios, as well as with the need for enhanced scalability. Of course both, Professional and Community Editions benefit from the essential software changes, for example in the framework and core, as well.
New in version 4.6.0 (May 3rd, 2012)
- OXID eShop version 4.6.0 is released and provides downloadable products, RDFa + GoodRelations support and a bunch of other cool features. Also, we have revamped the module handling and have been working on performance improvements.
New in version 4.5.0 (April 26th, 2011)
- A completely revamped pathbreaking store front design. We also introduced a theme engine to make it even easier for you to adapt the default design to the shop owner's business case, to make future updates easier and to develop your own templates from scratch.
New in version 4.5.0 Beta (December 27th, 2010)
- a clean layout
- interactive roll-overs for navigation and products
- a grid, double grid and line view switch for lists
- image carousels
- tag clouds
- support for user-generated content (UGC)
- easy social media and multi-media integration
- cross-sells of related products
New in version 4.4.0 (July 2nd, 2010)
- OXID eShop 4.4.0 includes awesome new features that allow you to:
- Build Private Sales and Live Shopping eCommerce websites
- Tap into the word-of-mouth marketing power of Facebook
- Leverage eCommerce services by Trusted Shops: offer shop visitors a money back guarantee and allow them to rate and recommend an online shop
- Pivate Sales & Live Shopping Features:
- OXID eShop includes freely available and extensible functionality to setup Live Shopping and Private Sales eCommerce websites. Thus, shop owners can leverage dynamic sales models and use the following features to implement them:
- Create members-only sites
- Require opt-in upon login e.g. for Terms and Conditions
- Set a basket expiration time for limited time sales
- Restrict browsing the catalogue and suggest going to checkout
- Synchronize stock management with items in basket
- Invite friends and assign bonus points
- Market promotions on a shop's front page
- Learn more and watch the screencast:
- Facebook Integration
- The next major release of OXID eShop, version 4.4.0, will ship with an awesome integration of Facebook into the Open Source eCommerce system. It will utilize Facebook Connect, Share, Like, Comment, Invite, Chat, and more.
- By utilizing Facebook's social plugins, users of OXID eShop will be able to easily provide personalized online shops that tap into the word-of-mouth marketing power of Facebook out of the box.
- Learn more and watch the screencast:
- Money Back Guarantee Through Trusted Shops
- ECommerce sites that operate in Germany will appreciate that OXID eShop now supports buyer protection through Trusted Shops, Europe's market leader in the accreditation of online shops. The buyer protection provides money back guarantee and secures the purchase of a customer up to a chosen safety level.
- Trusted Shops Customer Ratings and Recommendations
- Yet another new eCommerce service offered by Trusted Shops that has been included in OXID eShop 4.4.0 is Customer Ratings. It allows shop owners to give their customers orientation with genuine opinions from buyers and provide better service with the feedback option.
- More Great Enhancements:
- Help tool tips for all new configuration options in admin
- Certification of OXID eShop by Trusted Shops has been renewed
- All new features are disabled by default
New in version 4.1.6 (October 2nd, 2009)
- This release, 4.1.6 of OXID eShop, was mainly about fixing bugs. Due to this, some values in API had to be changed and some slight changes in administration behavior were introduced.
New in version 4.1.4-21266 (August 11th, 2009)
- Bugfix and security release: Enabled language abbrevation support for SEO URLs. Admin templates have been changed and changes in public interface for developers have been added. Security issue with unauthorized access to session information of unregistered users has been fixed.
New in version 4.1.3-19918 (June 24th, 2009)
- This release contains session handling improvements, CSS changes and improvements to the default theme. Apart from that, the API has been enhanced and bugs have been fixed.