New in version 3.18.1
July 26th, 2013
- This version is a minor bugfix release.
- It especially reworks the JPEG2000 driver to decrease the cache consumption and avoid memory leaks.
New in version 3.18 (July 6th, 2013)
- This version redesigns the architecture of the machine learning framework, uses this new framework to include OpenCV machine learning algorithms, adds Dempster-Shafer-based fusion of classifications, improves the StereoFramework application, and provides access to Gdal overviews.
New in version 3.16 (February 2nd, 2013)
- Manages GDAL driver options and sesor metadata through extended filenames.
- The framework for residual registration is based on improvements in the sensor modeling geometry.
- Feature extraction applications, fusion of classifiers, classification regularization, and one-click DEM generation from a stereo image pair.
New in version 3.14.0 (July 10th, 2012)
- This version adds full support for Pléiades imagery, a new set of classes based on GDAL/OGR to handle large vector datasets efficiently, a complete framework to perform segmentation, and an extended suite of filters and associated applications to go from raw stereo pairs all the way to a real cartographic Digital Elevation Model.
New in version 3.12.0 (February 1st, 2012)
- Large JPEG2000 file (Pleiades-like) support and Pleiades metadata handling.
- Efficient JPEG2000 visualization and ROI decompression tools in Monteverdi.
- A revamp of otb applications in a generic and scalable framework: launch applications from the command line, from an auto-generated QT GUI, from Python, from within QGis, etc.
- There are many new algorithms: Dimensionality Reduction (ICA, PCA, MNF, MAF, etc.), change detection (MAD), Hyperspectral Unmixing, elevation map from stereo data, compare segmentation with a ground truth (Hoover), etc.
- There are various bugfixes.
New in version 3.8.0 (December 17th, 2010)
- A new object detection framework was added.
- Local descriptors tools based on ImageFunction were improved.
- In SVMClassifier, hyperplanes distances as output were added.
- GDALImageIO now has support for writing non-streamable formats (such as JPEG or PNG).
- Reading vector images of std::complex is supported.
- In BandMathFilter, physical and image coordinates variables were added.
- A class to generate a kmz file from an image was added.
New in version 3.6.0 (October 8th, 2010)
- A filter was added to perform arbitrary mathematical operations on image bands.
- A class to parse mathematical expressions and an interpolation function were added.
- Filters were added to compute extrema of big images.
- A filter was added to perform fine registration between images.
- Filters for higher order texture computation were added.
New in version 3.0 (May 19th, 2009)
- Urban area extraction (Pléaides, QB, Ikonos, SPOT5). For more details, see the README file
- Image to Data Base registration (Pléiades, QB). For more details, see the README file
- Feature Extraction:
- add new textures, new radiometric indexes and add MeanShift capabilities
- The library includes these addition:
- Cloud detection for QB/Pléiades images
- Alignment and right angle detection (Burns, Grompone)
- Radiometric indices (vegetation, water, soil)
- Optimized texture computations including Haralick, SFS, Pantex, Edge density
- SIFT density image function and filter
- Object-based segmentation and filtering
- LSD line segment detector and right angle detector
- PCA computation
- Automated loading of radiometric correction parameters (SPOT, Ikonos)
- Attribute support for shapefile (reading only)
- Optimization of vector data
- Visualisation refactoring: for more details, see http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/Visualisation_Refactoring
- Updated OSSIM library
- Updated ITK library (3.12.0)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes (support for gdal 1.6)
- Fixed some problems under Visual and Cygwin platforms.
- Distribution of Windows binaries packages installation for OTB-Application (OTB-Applications-3.0.0-win32.exe)
- Distribution of Windows binaries packages for GDAL library 1.6.0 for MSVC V71 and MSVC V80 compiler (http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/packages)