February 2nd, 2013
· Manages GDAL driver options and sesor metadata through extended filenames.
· The framework for residual registration is based on improvements in the sensor modeling geometry.
· Feature extraction applications, fusion of classifiers, classification regularization, and one-click DEM generation from a stereo image pair.
July 10th, 2012
· This version adds full support for Pléiades imagery, a new set of classes based on GDAL/OGR to handle large vector datasets efficiently, a complete framework to perform segmentation, and an extended suite of filters and associated applications to go from raw stereo pairs all the way to a real cartographic Digital Elevation Model.
February 1st, 2012
· Large JPEG2000 file (Pleiades-like) support and Pleiades metadata handling.
· Efficient JPEG2000 visualization and ROI decompression tools in Monteverdi.
· A revamp of otb applications in a generic and scalable framework: launch applications from the command line, from an auto-generated QT GUI, from Python, from within QGis, etc.
· There are many new algorithms: Dimensionality Reduction (ICA, PCA, MNF, MAF, etc.), change detection (MAD), Hyperspectral Unmixing, elevation map from stereo data, compare segmentation with a ground truth (Hoover), etc.
· There are various bugfixes.
December 17th, 2010
· A new object detection framework was added.
· Local descriptors tools based on ImageFunction were improved.
· In SVMClassifier, hyperplanes distances as output were added.
· GDALImageIO now has support for writing non-streamable formats (such as JPEG or PNG).
· Reading vector images of std::complex is supported.
· In BandMathFilter, physical and image coordinates variables were added.
· A class to generate a kmz file from an image was added.
October 8th, 2010
· A filter was added to perform arbitrary mathematical operations on image bands.
· A class to parse mathematical expressions and an interpolation function were added.
· Filters were added to compute extrema of big images.
· A filter was added to perform fine registration between images.
· Filters for higher order texture computation were added.
May 19th, 2009Applications:
· Urban area extraction (Pléaides, QB, Ikonos, SPOT5). For more details, see the README file
· Image to Data Base registration (Pléiades, QB). For more details, see the README file
· Feature Extraction:
· add new textures, new radiometric indexes and add MeanShift capabilities
The library includes these addition:
· Cloud detection for QB/Pléiades images
· Alignment and right angle detection (Burns, Grompone)
· Radiometric indices (vegetation, water, soil)
· Optimized texture computations including Haralick, SFS, Pantex, Edge density
· SIFT density image function and filter
· Object-based segmentation and filtering
· LSD line segment detector and right angle detector
· PCA computation
· Automated loading of radiometric correction parameters (SPOT, Ikonos)
· Attribute support for shapefile (reading only)
· Optimization of vector data
· Visualisation refactoring: for more details, see http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/Visualisation_Refactoring
· Updated OSSIM library
· Updated ITK library (3.12.0)
· Miscellaneous bug fixes (support for gdal 1.6)
· Fixed some problems under Visual and Cygwin platforms.
· Distribution of Windows binaries packages installation for OTB-Application (OTB-Applications-3.0.0-win32.exe)
· Distribution of Windows binaries packages for GDAL library 1.6.0 for MSVC V71 and MSVC V80 compiler (http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/packages)