January 30th, 2013
· This version has been updated to include frontend search capabilities powered by Solr, an Open Source search platform used by Netflix, Instagram, SourceForge, NASA, WhiteHouse.gov, and Apple. Solr’s major features include powerful fulltext searches, hit highlighting, faceted searches, dynamic clustering, database integration, and rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling.
January 10th, 2013
· This version offers an improvement to the performance of comment management with a “show more comments” button that allows journalists to browse paginated comments.
· Alongside this new feature, there were a number of bugfixes related to the upgrade from the previous version, plus improvement of library handling with the use of Composer (a dependency manager for PHP).
December 14th, 2012
· This version fixes a vulnerability which exploited the Admin interface’s password restoration.
· This patch permanently fixes that issue, and allows full use of the password restore functionality.
· Upgrading is highly recommended for all users.
· In addition, there are improvements to the media archive which offer far greater stability to news organisations with large collections of images, and articles, topics, themes, and performance have all seen minor fixes and improvements.
July 13th, 2012
· This is a bugfix release which, amongst other things, ensures Newscoop now works correctly with PHP 5.4 and improves the usability of the new comments and related article features.
· The hidden filter in comments management now only displays hidden comments and comments no longer approved by default, even though moderation is enabled.
· Related articles are now copied from the original article with the action "duplicate", and related articles for a translated article no longer have the title "null".
· Numerous other bugfixes improve stability and the UI.