August 12th, 2011
· Add option to disable warning/error popup windows.
· See also beta versions.
· Enable optional switch to single selection mode after N connection attempts failed.
· Add missing env->stream_fully_read flag which is set/checked in render_stream_to_surface() and shift2left_callback() and used in multiple selections mode.
· Stuff from auth/proxy structs (but passwords) is loaded/saved as params in config file and accessible from cli.
· "Translate" all html entities.
August 2nd, 2011
· Implement HTTP basic authentication and proxy support.
· URL max length is now 2047.
· Fix bug in URL list (removing URL not working properly.)
· Mini HTTP client implementation.
· Add 'Select/Unselect All' buttons in feed picker window.
· Add 'read n items max per feed' new parameter.
· Add 'set all text to upper case' new parameter.
May 31st, 2011
· Fix ticker area uncorrect width when clock is set to left.
· Implement Atom format support.
· Implement multiple selections.
· Fix 'Bottom' button behaviour (win_y) in preferences window.
· Use Cairo image surfaces instead of GDK pixmaps and cairo functions instead of deprecated gdk_draw_ ones. This enables independent color alpha channel (transparency) for text / background (only for Linux version.)
· 'OK' button in preferences window misleadingly doesn't save -> 'Save' button removed, 'OK' button also saves.
May 9th, 2011
· This version implement import/exporting feed list in OPML format
February 9th, 2011
· fix oddly working refresh feature
· modified default params values
· replace [?] by right-click-to-open-menu
· use system colors
· full width button
· move to top/bottom buttons
· more explicit error message when open-in-browser string is empty
· warning if no link found
· use sample url list if no one saved yet
November 29th, 2010
· Ticker transparency
November 22nd, 2010
· It's now possible to set different instance ids when launching several instances of the app simultaneously, each instance using its own config and dump files.
· NEWS is now Open Source, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
November 9th, 2010
· The win32 version now uses a modified version of glib-2.26.0-win32 which implements using timeGetTime() instead of GetSystemTimeAsFile().
· As timeGetTime() uses windows multimedia high resolution timers, this pushes highest resolution of g_timeout_add_*() functions from about 16 ms to 1 ms.
· So, resolutions of g_timeout_add_*() functions are now similar on both platforms, and this allows us to use g_main_loop*() functions with GTK-win32 instead of threads.
· Finally, the app is now as stable on Windows as it is on Linux.
October 27th, 2010
· RSS Ticker v0.4.1 displays feeds as a smooth scrolling line, as known from TV stations. Open feed links in your favourite browser.