New in version 0.5.2
August 12th, 2011
- Add option to disable warning/error popup windows.
- See also beta versions.
- Enable optional switch to single selection mode after N connection attempts failed.
- Add missing env->stream_fully_read flag which is set/checked in render_stream_to_surface() and shift2left_callback() and used in multiple selections mode.
- Stuff from auth/proxy structs (but passwords) is loaded/saved as params in config file and accessible from cli.
- "Translate" all html entities.
New in version 0.5.1 (August 2nd, 2011)
- Implement HTTP basic authentication and proxy support.
- URL max length is now 2047.
- Fix bug in URL list (removing URL not working properly.)
- Mini HTTP client implementation.
- Add 'Select/Unselect All' buttons in feed picker window.
- Add 'read n items max per feed' new parameter.
- Add 'set all text to upper case' new parameter.
New in version 0.5.0 (May 31st, 2011)
- Fix ticker area uncorrect width when clock is set to left.
- Implement Atom format support.
- Implement multiple selections.
- Fix 'Bottom' button behaviour (win_y) in preferences window.
- Use Cairo image surfaces instead of GDK pixmaps and cairo functions instead of deprecated gdk_draw_ ones. This enables independent color alpha channel (transparency) for text / background (only for Linux version.)
- 'OK' button in preferences window misleadingly doesn't save -> 'Save' button removed, 'OK' button also saves.
New in version 0.4.7 (May 9th, 2011)
- This version implement import/exporting feed list in OPML format
New in version 0.4.6 (February 9th, 2011)
- fix oddly working refresh feature
- modified default params values
- replace [?] by right-click-to-open-menu
- use system colors
- full width button
- move to top/bottom buttons
- more explicit error message when open-in-browser string is empty
- warning if no link found
- use sample url list if no one saved yet
New in version 0.4.4 (November 29th, 2010)
New in version 0.4.3 (November 22nd, 2010)
- It's now possible to set different instance ids when launching several instances of the app simultaneously, each instance using its own config and dump files.
- NEWS is now Open Source, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
New in version 0.4.2 (November 9th, 2010)
- The win32 version now uses a modified version of glib-2.26.0-win32 which implements using timeGetTime() instead of GetSystemTimeAsFile().
- As timeGetTime() uses windows multimedia high resolution timers, this pushes highest resolution of g_timeout_add_*() functions from about 16 ms to 1 ms.
- So, resolutions of g_timeout_add_*() functions are now similar on both platforms, and this allows us to use g_main_loop*() functions with GTK-win32 instead of threads.
- Finally, the app is now as stable on Windows as it is on Linux.
New in version 0.4.1 (October 27th, 2010)
- RSS Ticker v0.4.1 displays feeds as a smooth scrolling line, as known from TV stations. Open feed links in your favourite browser.