January 7th, 2013
· MySQL-Sandbox 3.0.28 now supports MySQL 5.6 in more ways.
· In addition to creating sandboxes without errors, it does also suppress the unnecessary verbosity, it makes the 'clear' command safer, and it adds a script to enable global transaction ID in replication.
October 10th, 2011
· MySQL Sandbox 3.0.19 now supports tarballs that don't start with 'mysql'.
· Supported prefixes are 'mysql', 'percona', and 'mariadb'.
· You can also add a prefix to the extracted tarball directory.
· These changes have the side effect of making "make_sandbox" backward incompatible. The syntax goes from
· "make_sandbox TARBALL [--export_binaries] [options for low_level_make_sandbox]"
· "make_sandbox [--export_binaries|--add_prefix] TARBALL -- [options for low_level_make_sandbox]"
· (notice the '--' before the final options)
May 9th, 2009
· New features include: installation as Perl module, the sandbox tool, a test suite with 200 tests, user defined tests, port checking, ability to install from a source directory and from already installed binaries, moving, copying, preserving and deleting sandboxes, creating hierarchical replication systems.