New in version 1.2.10
July 12th, 2015
- This release updates OpenSSL to 1.0.1p. This version of OpenSSL fixes "Alternative chains certificate forgery" (CVE-2015-1793). There are no source changes to Mumble itself in this build. The version bump is only relevant to our binary releases.
New in version 1.2.3 (February 22nd, 2011)
- Voice activity detection was improved.
- This version was updated with a better customizable overlay with FPS counter.
- Recording support was added.
- Priority speaker was implemented.
- Miscellaneous bugs were fixed.
New in version 1.2.1 (January 8th, 2010)
- Add lots of new features.
New in version 1.2.0 (December 12th, 2009)
- This release uses a new protocol between the client and server, which means a 1.2.0 client is only compatible with 1.2.0 or newer servers, and a 1.1.8 client can't connect to a 1.2.0 server. The new protocol is designed to be easily extended, so we should never have this problem again. If your favorite server still runs 1.1.8 don't worry, 1.2.0 comes with a backwards compatible client.
- New Features:
- Increased voice quality, decreased latency
- Certificate based authentication
- User management
- New connect dialog
- Layout presets
- Channel reordering
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Automatic Plugin Update and Enhanced Plugin Support
- New Positional Audio Plugins
- User textures
- Automatic network fallback
- Audio events
- Access Tokens
- Unified channel add/edit dialog
- Temporary Channels
- LAN announcement and discovery
- Crash reporting
- Compatibility client
- Customizable PTT audio cue
- amd more!
New in version 1.1.8 (March 22nd, 2009)
- Murmur now uses even less resources, and only starts worker threads for virtual servers on demand. Ice now has callback functions, allowing you to create server-side scripts that react to users authenticating, moving around etc. It also supports outsourcing authentication, enabling you to do authorize users from a third-party database. Additionally, the Ice interface has been fully documented. You can now use images in the server welcome text and text messages, using regular HTML tags. From the server, you can add context menu items to the server, player and channel menu on the client, enabling third-party feature extensions. There's a small example included which enables in-client user registrations. The windows installer is now fully localized. Positional audio should now give more natural results, and we support a lot of additional games. Log messages can now be shown as notifications using a baloon tip, notify or Growl. Additionally, text-to-speech can be replaced with pre-recorded sounds. You can now bind multiple shortcuts to every function. The overlay now works on OSX, but is considered experimental.
New in version 1.1.7 (January 29th, 2009)
- Major feature enhancements