New in version 2.08 Beta
June 6th, 2013
- This release implements a new API which allows the CGI and commandline mosctop to work from remote machines.
- There are several small bugfixes, many of which were reported by users.
- A new USB Live image was released, as well.
New in version 2.07b (May 18th, 2011)
- A plugin framework and API were created.
- A dehasher plugin was created to crack SHA256/512, MD5, DES, and *Blowfish Unix password hashes.
- A bug in hot config was fixed.
New in version 2.06b (April 26th, 2011)
- This is a minor bug fix release because 2.05b had an error in the sample config file that was causing Moscrack to fail to load. I fixed other small things at the same time.
New in version 2.05b (April 21st, 2011)
- Various automatic chunk size options, hung node detection, dynamic node configuration, improved CPU demands, tcp based status checks, CGI interface.
New in version 2.04b (April 4th, 2011)
- Adds RSH, Pyrit and checkpoint/resume features
- New description:
- Moscrack is intended to facilitate the use of a WPA cracker on a cluster. Currently it works with Mosix (clustering software), SSH, RSH and Pyrit. It works by reading a word list from STDIN or a file, breaking it into chunks and passing those chunks off to seperate processes that run in parallel. The parallel processes can then execute on different nodes in your cluster. All results are checked and recorded on your master node. Logging, error handling, etc... are all handled for you. Moscrack is designed to be
- run for long periods of time (days/weeks/etc...). The goal is to make that easy
- and reliable for you.
New in version 2.03b (March 30th, 2011)
- path safe now, no need to work in current/relative directories
- many improvements to hotConfig mode. You can add/remove nodes while Moscrack is running and nothing will flake out
- update check feature --update
- removed various calls to sleep to make things faster
- remote execution error throttling in addition to original failed status check throttling
- fixed an mistake that was causing a few words from the wordlist to be ignored
- Verify if input files exist and warn/fail if they don't instead of flaking out
- More status updates for mosctop, but doesn't write updates unless they are different than the last
- Fix a big that caused a hang when out of chunks and new chunks became available but were not picked up
- Default file mode set to copy from previous shared
- Verify filemode is valid on startup
- Increased the amount of data mosctop shows and made it look nicer
- Switched from external ssh command to Net::SSH::Perl pure perl module for speed, features, reliability, etc...
- Made some progress on making cygwin nodes more reliable
- Removed support for 'cygwinssh' nodes, cygwin shared file mode.
- Now all cygwin nodes must be set to node type 'cygssh' and used with copy file mode
- sshuser setting now defaults to current user
- Set default values for ssh so that key/ip verification failures don't result in failed connection. Can be disabled if you want.
- Improved moscrack console output, more/less data, more readable
- Now uses a config file, default is /etc/moscrack/moscrack.conf. No need to edit source code in most cases.
New in version 2.02b (March 15th, 2011)
- This version fixes bugs in the getNode and fastest node prioritization fuctions that caused a hang.
- At least two different bugs causing one visible problem were fixed (a missing call to reaper() and faulty logic in fastest node handling).
- New "top"-like feature for monitoring Moscrack called "mosctop".
- This release tells you what the key is when it's found.
New in version 2.01b (March 3rd, 2011)
- Variable chunk size support / node multiplier setting
- Auto-tuning mode for node multiplier
- Fastest node proritization
- Updated documentation on new features
New in version 2.0b (February 21st, 2011)
- 2.0b Improvements and new features:
- Upgraded to GPLv3
- New copy filemode setting eliminates requirement for shared storage
- Improved error checking for configuration/command line arguments, with focus on Cygwin settings
- Removed seperate functions for file based wordlist. Now stdin and files are processed the same.
- Removed 'aircrackng l foundfile' since it doesn't work
- Fixed bug where moscrack could exit when there were unprocessed chunks
- Added shinkCapFile script and related documentation
- Improved documentation
- Updated GUI with new filemode and cygwin sshpass arguments
- Tested over moderately slow VPN to cygwinssh file copy node
- Tested iPhone node
- hotConfig zero node handling. If there are no nodes or errors loading nodes resulting in no nodes, Moscrack waits until you add some.
- aircrackng still keeps running on ssh nodes if interrupted and I have no fix yet. But it ends when it finishes it's chunk. New incoming jobs will kill old aircrackng processes, so it will not affect performance or results. Basically it doesn't matter much.