April 16th, 2013
· FIX: The menu now handles large system fonts correctly without clipping or distortion.
· FIX: The extension preferences are now set upon installation to prevent certain initialization trouble.
February 18th, 2013
· FIX: An error was corrected which prevented the window start-up position to be stored.
· FIX: The link to the donation web page was adapted to the new location.
· FIX: A window which is repositioned is now focused to prevent it to become hidden behind other windows.
· FIX: An update problem which sometimes invalidated the textboxes in the button menu was solved.
· FIX: The menu text for the 'user-defined coordinates' option was added to the string table again.
November 23rd, 2012
· The option 'Hide superfluous items from the context menu's' is now switched off initially on request of a few users.
· An option "Remove window borders" was added to enable users to hide the window borders structurally.
· Moving to another screen using the toolbar button now a) again takes a single click and b) always retains the relative window size.
November 15th, 2012
· The toolbar button now only moves the window to another monitor on double click.
· The graphical item coloration now has a little more contrast.
· The canvas is now redrawn on mouse out to remove the target rectangle (bug fix).
· An error on canvas hover after switching to fewer monitors is caught now (bug fix).
October 2nd, 2012
· A sign error in the coordinate offset compensation, which led to incorrect behavior of the graphical control, was corrected (bug fix).
· The window position is no more set in case an empty target rectangle is provided internally (bug fix).
· The zoom state is now also restored when opening an internal link in a new window (bug fix).
· The string bundles are now flushed at shutdown to enforce reload at start-up (bug fix).
· An error was removed which prevented the coordinates field to be updated upon changes or in new windows (bug fix).
· An option was added to also add a graphical control to the toolbar context menu, for easy browser moving/merging.
· An option was added to distinguish between single- and multiple-monitor configurations during start-up placement.
· Two options were added for maximizing/going full screen when selecting all sub-areas of a monitor.
· An option was added to enable unhiding of the superfluous elements which are normally hidden in the context menu's.
· New windows opened from tabs or links are again positioned initially using options supplied to 'openDialog'.
· A timer is again used for positioning new windows (using "sessionstore-windows-restored" was found to be unnecessary).
· Option 'Subdivide the available monitor area only' was removed, as it was not useful in the present form.
· In a direction for which spacing is added between subdivided areas, only the available area is subdivided.
· A submenu was added to simplify visiting the website, contacting the developer and making contributions.
· The language packs were extended and one language was added.
September 15th, 2012
· All options were moved to the popup menu of a menu button; "options.xul" was removed.
· All string localizations were moved to ".properties"-files; the ".dtd"-files were removed.
· Several options were removed: "dst", "ttt", "ith", "its", "stn", "ssn", "ste", "sse", "som", "rws", "tom", "lom", "npo".
· Several options were renamed (but are reset): ["dih", "div", "dbh", "dbv", "udc", "mco"] -> ["dmh", "dmv", "ddh", "ddv", "usr", "uco"].
· Two options for retaining relative window size upon moving to single areas were combined into one: ["msp", "msv"] -> ["msa"].
· The preference "bcw" was added to optionally enable merging of a browser with another browser when it is targeted in the miniature view.
· The textual menu items in the context menu's were replaced by a single canvas element which is shared by (moved around to) the menu's.
· A few default menu options are now hidden from the context menu's in case those options can be accessed from the canvas element.
· The miniature depiction now shows all browser windows and uses color coding to indicate creating (green), moving (blue) and merging (red).
· The scale of the miniature depiction can now be set directly, leading to more logical behavior for different monitor configurations.
· The tab menu item now correctly responds to either the targeted tab or the selected tab (bug fix).
· A z-ordered window enumerator is used now to prevent tabs to be moved to browsers hidden behind browsers other than the current browser (bug fix).
· The observer for detecting window-movements was removed as it was no longer needed; the Firefox minimum version was reduced to 8.0 again.
· Custom coordinates can no more be entered in a custom interface element but only in the preferences editor.
· The hack which realized compatibility with the "Tab Utilities" extension was found to leak and was removed.
· The start-up position is now again set after session restore positions the window - a better fix is sought.
· The drawing routine now uses the canvas scale and translate functions instead of own functions.
August 29th, 2012
· The code for the canvas element was moved back to bootstrap.js and the faults in the monitor depiction that were due to faulty updating were corrected.
· Initial window positioning is now realized during window start-up instead of in reponse to the first "mozAfterPaint" event, leading to a better user experience.
· The option "disregard monitor subdivision for preceding options" for the start-up options was removed, and separate options for subdivision were added.
· The mutation event listener for the detection of window moves was replaced by a mutation observer, giving rise to a minimum Firefox version of 14.0.
· Creation of the StringBundle for localization was moved from the window level to the application level start-up.
· It is no more searched for a change in the monitor configuration on opening a new window in order to speed up the response.
July 6th, 2012
· The localization code was modified to use properties files for the language constructs which are used in bootstrap.js.
· The border scan for finding monitors was replaced by a spiraling surface scan because users reported trouble with more than two monitors.
· After resizing a window at the left or top, 'window.moveTo(x,y)' may fail, and it was therefore preceded by 'window.moveBy(-1,-1)'.
· The test for additional monitors was extended with a test which disqualifies overlapping areas.
· The visibility of the TabsToolbar is now verified before tabs are moved to an already present browser.
· The code was improved which prevented the maximized state to be set at start-up if browser was already maximized when closed.
· Sub-divided monitors and monitors defined by a string are no more sorted after definition.
· Lingering of the toolbar item tooltip after moving maximized window to other monitor was prevented and an option was added to hide the tooltip.
· An option was added to hide virtual monitors obtained by subdivision from the context menu's.
· Code for context menu's was modified to show only menu items that have an effect different from "Open link in new tab".
· Two options were added to control the resize behavior for moved windows (partial/full fit to window).
· Translations for Dutch and Portuguese were corrected and translations for French, Chinese and German were added.
· The minimum application version was increased because of the usage of several new code constructs.
· The toolbar item is now also redrawn on TabSelect, such that it will update after options have changed while it was hidden.
· An option was added for hiding the window borders at the borders of the available screen area.
· Start-up options were added for extension to multiple monitors and for disregarding of monitor subdivision.
· An option was added to always scan for monitors when hovering the toolbar item and when preparing the context menu's.
· An option was added to always give the primary monitor the number one.
· Options were added for setting the height and maximum width of the toolbar item.
May 14th, 2012
· An error in the algorithm for finding additional monitors which always led to the same second monitor was corrected.
· An error in the algorithm for extending to multiple monitor(s) which led to the wrong combined area was corrected.
· An option was added to move the browser to a different/primary monitor on the first MozAfterPaint event after start-up.
· Options were added to maximize the browser after moving a tab to / opening a link in a new window.
· The probe window creation code was modified to add a XUL error message, which may be read when this window does not get deleted.
· A handler for preference changes was added to ensure that the options take effect immediately in all open browser windows.
· Options were added to split monitor surfaces into up to 6x4 virtual 'monitors', leading to code modifications at several locations.
· Options were added to override the monitor search algorithm and specify coordinates explicitly.
· A global state was added to inhibit the recomputation of monitor coordinates due to window movement when the move is self-caused.
· The toolbar item style and the canvas sizing code were changed to avoid image deformation due to toolbar height differences.
· The uninstall code was modified in order to also remove the toolbar item in case it is present in the toolbar palette.
· The mousedown handler for the toolbaritem was extended with setCapture to prevent loss of focus when dragging outside toolbaritem.
· The accesskey for menu's was changed to a number, so as to enable a direct move to a different monitor.
· Code for localization was added and the extension strings were translated to two languages (Portuguese and Dutch).
· A 64x64 icon was added to the package.