New in version 1.4.4
February 10th, 2015
- Use 'DMS Set FCC Authentication' if online mode fails in QMI modems. This change requires bumping the libqmi version to 1.12.4, which is the stable release including the change.
- Fix segfault when empty pdp type string is given.
- Fix segfault when port driver is unknown.
- Blacklist: ignore PalmOS devices driven by 'visor'
New in version 1.4.2 (January 18th, 2015)
- MBIM: update to handle 'Function Error' responses as per libmbim 1.12 (doesn't require 1.12, though).
- MBIM: handle network-notified connection status messages.
- Bluetooth: Keep track of devices as they are move across sysfs.
- Core: case insensitive matches in the APN list.
- ZTE: avoid using QMI in the MF60.
- Huawei: updated port type hint strings.
- Icera: fix no IPv6 report response.
- Icera: retry Icera probing several times.
- Altair: increase AT probe command timeout.
- and some other minor fixes...
New in version 1.4.0 (December 23rd, 2014)
- This version requires libmbim >= 1.10.0.
- This version comes with the following updates in the interfaces:
- Updated the logic around the IP configuration properties in the Bearer: ** Setting DHCP as IP method in the IPv6 settings means that SLAAC should be used to retrieve correct addressing and routing details. ** DHCP IP method may now be combined with an explicit static IP address, as IPv6 SLAAC may require the link-local address to be present. ** MTU is now also included in the IP configuration properties, if specified by the modem, and applicable to both DHCP and STATIC methods.
- New 'OFF' power state, which fully switches off the modem device. After setting the modem in this state, no further use of it can be done. Currently available in Wavecom and Cinterion.
- Location interface: new 'unmanaged GPS' support, which allows to start/stop the GPS module in the modem, while leaving the location information retrieval to other processes. Currently available in modems with independent GPS TTYs, like Option/HSO, Cinterion and Huawei.
- New Test DBus interface: not to be installed, just for internal system tests.
- Other notable changes include:
- MBIM: support for ZTE and Sequans Communications modems.
- Ericsson MBM: Support for AT-capable /dev/cdc-wdm ports.
- Huawei: improved support for Network time retrieval.
- Huawei: implemented GPS support.
- Huawei: support for /dev/cdc-wdm AT ports via the new huawei-cdc-ncm driver.
- Cinterion: implemented GPS support.
- Cinterion: implemented unlock retries loading.
- Cinterion: gather port types for multi-tty devices.
- Cinterion: custom wait for SIM readiness after SIM-PIN unlock.
- Wavecom: custom wait for SIM readiness after SIM-PIN unlock.
- Probing: new flag to identify hotplugged devices which don't need full reset.
- Tests: internal refactor of the ports handling code, allowing test-driven virtual ports and system tests run during 'make check'. This new feature also comes with a new internal 'Test' DBus interface, as well as new --test-[*] options in the ModemManager program.
- and many more fixes...
New in version 1.0.0 (December 27th, 2013)
- More flexible D-Bus API that accounts for the capabilities of modern devices
- Native support for Gobi and QMI-based Qualcomm devices via libqmi
- Native support for MBIM-based devices via libmbim
- Preliminary support for GPS-based Location Services with some devices
- More complete messaging API
- New libmm-glib client library
- New fully-featured command-line client (mmcli)
- systemd integration
- and much more...
New in version 0.5 (August 4th, 2011)
- Improvements for Samsung modems
- Support access technology reporting for Qualcomm Gobi modems
- Fix communication with Nokia N900 devices
- Support multiple CDMA Rm protocols
- Fix handling of Option access technology reporting
- Fix handling of CDMA EVDO registration states
- Fix problems reconnecting Ericsson F5521gw modems
- Better handling of some Android handset modem