New in version 1.0.3
January 1st, 2012
- Fixed crash when trying to insert or erase out-of-range lines.
- Implemented xterm title stack feature (limited to 16 entries).
- Failure to load a custom program icon now triggers a warning rather than a fatal error.
New in version 1.0.2 (November 28th, 2011)
- Fixed a bug that caused attributes for the wrong cells to be picked up when copying characters on systems with a double-byte default codepage.
- Added missing O_TRUNC flag when opening a log file.
- Take bold attribute into account when determining font coverage via the OSC 7771 sequence.
- Ignore title request sequence instead of sending an empty reply.
- On Cygwin 1.7, stop setting LANG to the system default locale (currently "C.UTF-8") if the locale isn't set either in the environment or in the options.
- Reflect Cygwin 1.7.10 name change of pty master devices from "/dev/ttyN" to "/dev/ptyN" when creating utmp entries.
New in version 1.0.1 (July 25th, 2011)
- Fixed a bug in the creation of utmp entries that limited the number of mintty entries to 10. Also prepared for the possibility of Cygwin switching to the Unix98 pty naming scheme.
- Included semicolon in word selection, for the sake of URLs using them to separate parameters.
- The cursor now is updated immediately when its shape is changed using the DECSCUSR control sequence.
New in version 0.9.9 (June 13th, 2011)
- The transparency level can now be set to any value ranging from 4 to 254 in the config file or in the command line. (For backward compatibility, values below 4 are multiplied by 16. 255 is "Glass".)
- Implemented mintty-specific OSC sequence 7771 for checking which characters are available in the currently selected font.
- Ctrl+symbol and Ctrl+number combinations that yield control characters are no longer overridden in xterm "modifyOtherKeys" mode level 1, but only level 2.
- Stopped sending bogus control sequences for some Ctrl+symbol combinations. Also stopped trying to add Shift to Ctrl+symbol combinations to obtain a control character. That's only done for Ctrl+number combinations now.
- Moved implementation of private mode 30 (as introduced by rxvt) for hiding and showing the scrollbar to the mintty-specific private mode 7766, because it doesn't do quite the same thing: instead of changing window size to account for the width of the scrollbar, mintty changes the number of character columns.
- Stopped rogue mouse release events being sent when application mouse mode is overridden with Shift.
- Middle button paste now happens on release rather than click of the button, as in xterm and rxvt.
New in version 0.9.7 (April 19th, 2011)
- Fixed crash when scrollback size is set to zero.
- Fixed support for codepoints beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP) in Cygwin 1.5 and MSYS.
- NT4 support is officially gone. It had been broken since version 0.6.1 anyway, without anyone complaining.
- When the window is held open after the shell finished and no more processes are attached, hitting Enter or Escape will now close the window.
- Changed the optional Ctrl+Shift shortcut for closing the window from Ctrl+Shift+Q to the more standard-compliant Ctrl+Shift+W.
- Added config file versions of command line options: Class, Hold, Icon, Log, Title, Utmp, Window, X, Y.
- Multiple-choice settings are now written with named values rather than integers, e.g. CursorType=block instead of the rather non-obvious CursorType=0. Similarly, Boolean settings are written as yes or no instead of 0 or 1. Integer values of course remain supported for backward compatibility.
- String settings no longer have arbitrary length restrictions.
- Unknown settings and invalid values now trigger warnings.
New in version 0.9.6 (February 21st, 2011)
- Fixed crash triggered by lots of combining characters on the same line.
- Corrected initialisation of the bold background colour. (This is used to display the blink attribute when blinking is disabled.)
- Added Show bold as font option. Previously, disabling Show bold as colour would cause text with the bold attribute to be displayed with a thicker font instead of a brighter colour. Having these as separate options allows bold text to be shown with both a thicker font and a brighter colour, which is the default in xterm and others. The mintty default remains bold-as-colour-only.
- Added options that allow to disable the copy and paste shortcuts Ctrl+Ins and Shift+Ins as well as the various Alt+Fn window command shortcuts.
- Added an option for enabling a set of Ctrl+Shift+letter shortcuts as found in KDE Konsole and GNOME Terminal, as an alternative to the Ctrl/Shift+Ins and Alt+Fn shortcuts. Examples include Ctrl+Shift+V for paste and Ctrl+Shift+N for opening a new window. (These only appear in menus if the corresponding default shortcuts are disabled.)
- Tweaked option wording and placement (again). The scrolling option now are all on the Window pane of the options dialog.
New in version 0.9.5 (December 29th, 2010)
- This maintenance release brings various small tweaks and fixes. For example, terminal line settings were brought into line with other terminal emulators, exit handling was redesigned, and a resizing problem in connection with the bbLean window manager was addressed.
New in version 0.9.4 (December 20th, 2010)
- Flow control with ^S/^Q was reinstated.
- Instead, the "ixany" terminal flag is set to restart output on any input character and thus protect users from seemingly hanging their terminal.
- The options dialog also had a few tweaks.
New in version 0.9.3 (December 6th, 2010)
- Crashes in the handling of combining characters and network paths were fixed.
- Flow control is no longer enabled by default.
- Font zooming no longer resizes the window.
- Exit handling was improved.