New in version 2.3
November 10th, 2014
- Take video snapshots at full resolution
- Faster and more reliable seeking
- Faster video start with longer videos
- Slide transition in playlist navigation
- Make the volume handle red when volume is zero
- Enhancements to the search suggestions
- The Mac version is now 64bit and uses the VLC engine to play videos
- Fixed minor style issues with Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10
- Restored compatibility with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6
- The Windows version has been updated to the latest VLC
- The Ubuntu & Debian version is now shipped as a .deb on the site. Goodbye Ubuntu Software Center!
- New and updated translations
New in version 2.2 (July 30th, 2014)
- Subscriptions context menu: Unsubscribe, Mark as Watched
- Added –stop-after-this command line switch
- Added Stop After This Video Unity & Gnome 3 action
- Fixed painting errors when scrolling playlist on Linux
- Fixed bug with dragging playlist items from the thumbnail
- Fixed some videos not playing
- Updated translations
New in version 2.1.6 (February 10th, 2014)
- This release includes a fix for the playback of some YouTube videos.
- A minor change in Minitube’s Browse tab removes some so-called standard feeds like Most Shared, etc.
- As always updated translations are included thanks to the wonderful translators at Transifex.
New in version 2.1.5 (December 20th, 2013)
- Fix some videos not playing
- Show video title on hover when playlist is in minimode
- Lighter font for video title and description
New in version 2.1 (July 3rd, 2013)
- You can now subscribe to YouTube channels and be notified of new videos. This does not require a YouTube account. It’s all done by Minitube.
- This release also restores playback of VEVO videos that stopped working a few days ago.
- Other minor changes include:
- Move window by dragging from inside the video area
- Faster startup
- Optimizations and tweaks to the playlist
- Float on top icon was missing on Mac & Windows
- Compact mode window fixed aspect ratio on Mac
- Ubuntu notifications
- Fixed compact mode video cropped with very small window
- Fixed long words or URLs in the video description causing a window resize
- Fixed crash when resizing the playlist to a very small width
- Fixed skipping to the next video on Windows & Linux
- Starting with this version I’m distributing Minitube for Ubuntu directly on the Ubuntu Software Center, personally taking care of updates. This will hopefully allow for an easier to install and more up-to-date Minitube for Ubuntu users. Just wait a few days until the package is reviewed by the USC people, then uninstall the outdated minitube package and install minitube-ubuntu.
New in version 2.0 (February 4th, 2013)
- YouTube categories and “standard feeds”: “Most Popular”, “Featured”, etc
- Country selection for YouTube categories and feeds
- Autoupdate on Mac and Windows
- Related videos
- Related videos are now appended when pasting a YouTube link
- Bigger and nicer 16:9 thumbnails
- “Show 10 More” with a single click
- Play video in the playlist with a single click on its thumbnail
- Disk cache for video thumbnails
- OS X Notification Center notifications on video start
- Ubuntu Ambiance theme integration
- Fixed some YouTube links not working when pasted in the searchbox
- Fixed playlist drag’n'drop
- Fixed system language settings detection
- Fixed clicking on channel names not working in some cases
- Fixed incorrect number of downloads in status bar
- Fixed looping video with Phonon VLC backend on Linux
- New and updated translations
New in version 1.7.1 (March 20th, 2012)
- This version fixes searching YouTube video IDs containing the “-” sign.
- It fixes the search auto-completion popup appearing when not needed.
- It fixes temporary files not being deleted on Windows.
- It fixes quitting from the Dock on the Mac.
- It fixes a bug preventing system shutdown on the Mac.
- It fixes the search box selecting text while typing and losing focus on the ESC key on the Mac.
- On the Mac, “Quit” and other application menu items are now correctly localized.
New in version 1.4.3 (May 16th, 2011)
- This bug fix release finally fixes some videos not starting, especially in languages different than English.
New in version 1.4.2 (April 18th, 2011)
- This version addresses a bug with some videos not playing, especially longer ones.
- Also full length videos now start playing much faster. 1.4.2 also fixes some invalid download filenames on Windows.
- A brand new Albanian translation is included.