July 13th, 2012
· Script for the iPhone App - "Universal remote control"
· Fully unified media playback handlers (start/stop/status)
· Command output and return codes better handled across all bearskin (mp3player outputs the current track, for example)
· Expanded lstatus to take day parameter
· "Routines" added to provide sequenced operations. e.g. bedtime
· Manifest can block music tracks from playing
· Errors reported on initialization failures
· Full status provided when mp3 playback is initiated
March 7th, 2012
· Introduction of 'minty', a timeout system where devices will auto-turn off if not used within N seconds
· Introduction of a 'cache' conduit to save processor time when requests (like train times) are called for
· Introduction of 'routine', a system for processing N timed events from an intial trigger point. e.g. a 'wake up' routine, which turns on lights, starts showers, plays alarm, caches train times
· Introduction of 'yaks', a control system for processing arbitrary messages (from X10) into Linux-bound commands
· Changes to vox scripts to direct output into a WAV, then playing it. This means voice and music can happen simultaneously.
· Inclusion of usr script in bin
· Twitter script updated to use oauth
· Fixes in human time reading script
· Introduction of the 'homedevice' script, in preparation of ZigBee control
· Unified the logging of Bearskin commands into the 'minlog' script.
· Unified the audio stings into an 'sfx' script. Allows for easier audio skins.
November 2nd, 2011
· Improved Google calendar download/handler
· Fixed install script, causing problems on fresh installs.
March 22nd, 2011
· Added 'SIS' (SMS Information Service) to respond to basic SMS requests, and return data via the same route. Intended as a specific instance of msgrelay.
· Added a few sample SIS services. Include fortune cookie responses from Serverus Snape ;)
· Added 'short' version of LDB query, primarily for SIS.
December 3rd, 2010
· The UK Live Departure boards script was fixed to cope with changes to a third party site.
October 11th, 2010
· Directory paths with quotation marks and other oddities in them have been fixed.
· This is a proper fix to update the emergency fix that was done in version 2.5.2.
October 4th, 2010
· The ampersand ("&") could not be passed through the Web conduit. The bug is now fixed
September 29th, 2010
· Info streams were added to report actions and status reports.
· Data sets to query Minerva properties were added.
· Data sets were added to the API. IMDB data retrieval was added.
· MP3 status, weather, et al are automatically published to Bluetooth-enabled photo frames.
· The spurious appearance of "cal_" files was fixed by moving them to cache. Huxley was updated to the latest version.
September 22nd, 2010
· A Minerva REST API was added to support third party control apps.
· A Facebook conduit was added to publish announcements to Facebook.
· Sunrise and sunset calculation was moved to the Bearskin code.
· Support was added for enumerating Bearskin devices (bin/enumdev).
· An FM radio applet, Zinc control, and Bearskin driver were added.
· Alias directories were implemented.
· An address book tool (msgaddr) was added to query addresses.
· The TV control script was improved.
· Mediainfo and Photo browser applet were added.
January 28th, 2009
· monexec was introduced to trigger external scripts upon actions, such as playing songs or controlling lights.
· monexec handlers were added for: cdplayer, mp3player, alarm, x10control, kettle, and announce.
· X10control provides access to the device names and maps (through ALIAS in x10.conf).
January 7th, 2009
· Weather update now creates a machine-friendly description file.
· The weather report Web applet was greatly improved.
· A bug in cdplayer which occurred when the track was 08 or 09 was fixed.
· Media status output was improved.
November 6th, 2008
· A recording utility script to control a TV card was added.
· A TV information script was added.
· A video streaming server component for Bearskin was added.
· A video streaming control applet for a Web site was added.
· "Moonbeam", the bookmark manager, was incorporated.
· Various fixes and changes were made.
September 4th, 2008
· The cookery information applet was much improved and now includes terminology.
· Bar rendering was added for the static applet.
· New applet utilities were added.