New in version 4.4.1
December 22nd, 2014
- Added audio playback button in MP3 player applet
- Improved layout of dashboard
New in version 4.3.0 (February 6th, 2014)
- Added different 'sayfile' command for Raspberry Pi (espeak, instead of festival)
- Wavplay uses 'aplay' if 'play' isn't present (as is usual for RPi)
- Various fixes to correctly handle arguments to finddev, by replacing $* with $@
- Limit security footage to SWF files only
- Moved vtime over to use Bearskin abstraction 'wavplayer'
- Vtime now supports output device, specified on the command line
- Alarm now supports output device, specified on the command line
- Support for ssh commands as Marple transmission method
- New house design, with gliffy files
- Fixed bug which prevented '_' being used in parameter names
New in version 4.2.2 (January 7th, 2014)
- Added reverse lookup of station names, from fullname to code
- Added preview for images in explorer browser applet (using embedded base64)
- Added security applet (based on browser applet) to review security images, and live preview existing cameras
- Added 'movemotion' script to sensibly order a directory full of motion images
- Improved browser applet internals
- Improved browser applet code to report file size, type, and permissions
- Improved browser applet code to link to files, where available under the web server root
New in version 3.0.0 (July 13th, 2012)
- Script for the iPhone App - "Universal remote control"
- Fully unified media playback handlers (start/stop/status)
- Command output and return codes better handled across all bearskin (mp3player outputs the current track, for example)
- Expanded lstatus to take day parameter
- "Routines" added to provide sequenced operations. e.g. bedtime
- Manifest can block music tracks from playing
- Errors reported on initialization failures
- Full status provided when mp3 playback is initiated
New in version 2.7.0 (March 7th, 2012)
- Introduction of 'minty', a timeout system where devices will auto-turn off if not used within N seconds
- Introduction of a 'cache' conduit to save processor time when requests (like train times) are called for
- Introduction of 'routine', a system for processing N timed events from an intial trigger point. e.g. a 'wake up' routine, which turns on lights, starts showers, plays alarm, caches train times
- Introduction of 'yaks', a control system for processing arbitrary messages (from X10) into Linux-bound commands
- Changes to vox scripts to direct output into a WAV, then playing it. This means voice and music can happen simultaneously.
- Inclusion of usr script in bin
- Twitter script updated to use oauth
- Fixes in human time reading script
- Introduction of the 'homedevice' script, in preparation of ZigBee control
- Unified the logging of Bearskin commands into the 'minlog' script.
- Unified the audio stings into an 'sfx' script. Allows for easier audio skins.
New in version 2.6.1 (November 2nd, 2011)
- Improved Google calendar download/handler
- Fixed install script, causing problems on fresh installs.
New in version 2.6.0 (March 22nd, 2011)
- Added 'SIS' (SMS Information Service) to respond to basic SMS requests, and return data via the same route. Intended as a specific instance of msgrelay.
- Added a few sample SIS services. Include fortune cookie responses from Serverus Snape ;)
- Added 'short' version of LDB query, primarily for SIS.
New in version 2.5.4 (December 3rd, 2010)
- The UK Live Departure boards script was fixed to cope with changes to a third party site.
New in version 2.5.3 (October 11th, 2010)
- Directory paths with quotation marks and other oddities in them have been fixed.
- This is a proper fix to update the emergency fix that was done in version 2.5.2.