April 5th, 2013
· Native GTK+2/ GTK+3 and WebKit.
· High focus on Private browsing, user scripts and customizable keyboard interface.
· Adblock, form history, cookie management, RSS feed panel, external download managers (wget, SteadyFlow, FlashGet).
March 9th, 2012
· Once again we made improvements to the GTK+3 support which was part of the reason the release was delayed. Unfortunately several remaining behavioral issues which couldn't be tracked down to Midori code indicate it's still not on par with GTK+2. Build with --enable-gtk3 to enable GTK+3 support.
· The work-around for the infamous clipboard bug was removed for >= WebKitGTK+ 1.4.3. It's however recommended to upgrade WebKit if possible because it also affects applications like Empathy and Devhelp.
· Unity menubar support was improved, including a work-around for the hardcoded blacklisting in menuproxy. In this instance I was a bit disappointed that there was no attempt from the maintainers to bring the problems to our attention rather than silently disabling it and waiting for users to give very puzzling problem reports.
· DuckDuckGo has been the default search engine for a while. Meanwhile it received several improvements. Midori now co-operates with the search engine so that some revenue from the advertisements is donated to Midori by using a constant, non-unique tag. Incidentally, there will be Midori stickers on Chemnitz Linux days made possible by donations.
· The experimental fullscreen API used by HTML5 video websites is now supported. Bookmark deletion and export were fixed. IPv6 addresses are handled better when typed in the urlbar. An 'Open in Image Viewer' feature was implemented. The = key in Ukrainian layout is handled better. Speed Dial features drag and drop re-ordering.
· When starting Private Browsing mode a new informative page is shown lining out the key facts differently to normal web browsing sessions. Midori should be secure by default, but users also need to understand why that is the case, rather than trusting it blindly.
· As a last-minute goodie, if Midori is run with less than 352 MB RAM, the page cache is automatically disabled which greatly improves memory usage in such setups.
· The experimental site data policy finally allows basic whitelisting and blacklisting of web cookies, local databases and preserving of values when clearing private data. Do note however at this point this is not complete, and there is no UI yet. In this spirit, the Clear Private Data dialog also unifies the different types of site data.
February 1st, 2011
· Support libnotify 0.7
· Copy-friendly URIs with
· No blocking of typed URLs with adblock
· Import from Netscape HTML
· Bookmark im- and export fixes
· Unit tests cleaned up and updated
· Correct bookmark and search icon names
· Better link menu handling
· Certificate location on FreeBSD
· Fix Russian keyboard issues
· Stylesheet parsing improvements
· Simplify language and panel options
· Default to DuckDuckGo search
· No Netscape plugins in extension panel
· Easy user addon install infobar
June 6th, 2010
· Due to a fairly common crasher related to frames which fail to load, I decided to do a quick follow-up release. There is also a build-fix for API documentation, which didn't work in the last release.
· As it is my habbit to always have something small, that makes it worth upgrading in stabilizing releases, today I feature custom number of columns and number of shortcuts in the Speed Dial. I expect a few people with high-resolution screens should like that. Simply click one of the top left labels and type a number in the window shown then.
· As depending on the icon theme, not everyone saw icons in error pages and the speed dial, I reworked the icon code. Now all icon themes should show 'edit' and 'remove' in Speed Dial shortcuts and icons in error pages.
November 14th, 2009
· We are approaching version 0.2.1. A great lot of polishing went into this release. Mouse gestures are fixed, linking with gold is supported, the navigation toolbar is hidden in fullscreen and the preference dialogue was tweaked a little.
· You may notice that opening of new windows is incredibly fast and startup of Midori is faster. Hotkeys involving Tab or single characters are supported now. Terminating Midori with Unix signals won't trigger the crash dialogue anymore (a real crash will).
· We have a Web Cache extension and a Tab History list now, both incredibly nice additions. Also form history was improved, it works with forms where it didn't before and saves values to disk so it works after closing Midori in-between.
· Here and there lots of changes are coming towards Hildon/ Fremantle support. It is not yet completely done but you may see a proper Midori on the N900 with the next release.
October 16th, 2009
· Fasten your seatbelts, Midori 0.2.0 is there.
· Adblock was improved a lot, it works with any WebKitGTK+ version, has an improved interface, reads AdblockPlus/ Easylist filters and supports element blocking now.
· Thanks to a contributed scrolling widget we have kinetic drag scrolling, enabled on touchscreen devices (gtk-touchscreen-mode.
· Two new extensions, namely DNS prefetching and form history, could just be the very reason for those who don't use Midori yet, to switch.
· Smaller issues were also improved, such as more icons of web pages are recognized, mailto: links work as expected and when switching a tab back and forth Midori remembers what you were typing.
September 12th, 2009
· This update brings great things like saving HTTP logins, much better address completion, a fixed news feed icon, improvements of the feed panel extension, and an update of the tab panel extension.
· With WebKitGTK+ there is Undo/ Redo support now. And a revamped Adblock extension that loads adlbock plus/ easylist files, and unlike the previous version actually works wonderfully.
· Last but not least the freezing is fixed that could occur when opening multiple windows.
July 21st, 2009
· Initial support for extension unit tests
· Set a "browser" role on browser windows
· Support typing search tokens to open websites
· Fix focus loss when switching search engines
· Implement a compact menu if menubar is hidden
· Provide a context menu for tab labels
· Implement Tab Panel as a tabbar replacement
· Remember the last active tab
· Read and write XBEL metadata internally
· Implement -e, --execute to perform commands
· Support socket based single instance
· Move Go button inside the location entry
· Fix the ident string after Midori updates
· Bind Alt n to switching to the n-th tab
· Revisit conflicting mnemonics
· Add a Toolbar Editor extension
· Add a Shortcut Editor extension
· Implement context menu in the Transfers panel
· Simplified Extensions and Addons panels with tick marks
· Fix Mouse Gestures often ignoreing gestures
· Use one cookie manager model in all windows
· Support building Midori for Win32
· Add an entry to specify Fixed-Width font size
· Implement Save As in the download dialog
· Use one history model in all windows
May 5th, 2009
· Add Delete All to transferbar
· Show search in context menu
· Implement 'Default' search engine
· Show only icons in Statusbar Features
· Implement Clear private data
· Support News Feed icon and external aggregator
· Fix reloading of Not found pages
· Fixup spaces when middle click opening
· Fix possibly wrong identificaton string
· Optionally search engines in completion
· Optionally Gtk 2.16 entry progress and icon
· Experimental panel detaching
· Support external download manager again
· Implement '-a', '--app' argument
· Implement '-c', '--config' argument
· Fix a bookmark saving issue
· Support data: URIs in the address entry
· Several performance and memory leak fixes
· Load cookies idle to accelerate startup
· Support mailto: links
· Save tab reordering in the session
· Add a Cookie Manager extension
· Fix crashers in Colourful Tabs
March 6th, 2009
· Automatic inline find can be disabled
· Implement an Encoding menu
· Add Open all in Tabs for bookmarks and history
· Bookmarks can be moved to other folders
· Fix blank page 'loading' and HTTP authentication
· Display history dates in the local format
· Allow editing of completion items
February 8th, 2009
· Open new tabs by clicking on the tabbar
· Refactor and speed up location completion
· Show a Crash dialog after crashes
· Dynamically save files when needed
· Support Back/ Forward mouse buttons
· Implement Proxy and Identification string
· Implement cookie storage on disk
· Remove autotooled build system
· Add a new Extensions panel
· Implement opening of new windows
· Display tooltips in Preferences
December 1st, 2008
· Reimplement page holder as an extension
· Introduce a C extension interface
· Introduce unit tests for automated testing
· Implement history based location completion
· Support the Web Inspector in new WebKit versions
· Bookmarkbar properly reflects changes
· Improve overall OS X integration
· Add a Text Editor Preference
· Add a Compat sidebar Preference
· Add an Open external pages in Preference
· Implement source view and cached favicons with libsoup
November 26th, 2008
· Allow for hiding the menubar
· Make the navigationbar customizable
· Implement a History panel
· Remove the HTTP Proxy hack
· Add an Always Show Tabbar Preference
· Implement 404 error pages
· Remove the Primary Clipboard hack
· Provide user documentation
· Display Not found errors when possible
· Remove Stylesheet and Zoom Stepping preferences
· Make dialogs more compact
· Ellipsize extremely long menu items
· Save the trash again when quitting
· Implement enabling/ disabling addons