New in version 20140126
January 27th, 2014
- This release adds support for a configuration file to set default options, has enhanced logging, and fixes some formatting issues.
New in version 20130220 (February 21st, 2013)
- This version fixed potential data corruption, re-enabled hash calculation support, bails out if any output fails to initialize, fixed handling of the -f option, and reduced sending overhead.
New in version 20130209 (February 11th, 2013)
- This emergency release disables hash calculation support due to potential data corruption when the buffer runs full.
- Please do not use hash calculation support of mbuffer for now.
- This issue is under investigation.
New in version 20121111 (December 5th, 2012)
- This version adds an option for a watchdog that terminates mbuffer if either input or output stream stall for a specified time, adds support for float values as arguments to options, and has some cleanup and a build fix.
New in version 20120505 (May 5th, 2012)
- This version fixes IPv6 client initialization on FreeBSD, suppresses the summary if -q is used with -l, and fixes a potential hang with option -P 100.
New in version 20110724 (July 25th, 2011)
- Some enhancements concerning multi-volume handling, new options for appending/truncating an output file, and a bugfix concerning I/O error handling.
New in version 20110317 (March 18th, 2011)
- An option was added to terminate on any kind of error.
- A hang when starting mbuffer in the background was fixed.
- The displayed dimensions were changed to be compliant to SI standards.
New in version 20110119 (January 20th, 2011)
- This version fixes an incorrect sanity check for the interaction between hashing and multiple outputs, and also fixes a potential issue with GCC when building in a separate directory.
New in version 20091012 (October 13th, 2009)
- This release adds a separate thread for hash calculation, support for libmhash with all provided hash algorithms, and fixes for a typo in the examples section, a potential race condition, and a potential lockup on SIGINT.