February 21st, 2013
· This version fixed potential data corruption, re-enabled hash calculation support, bails out if any output fails to initialize, fixed handling of the -f option, and reduced sending overhead.
February 11th, 2013
· This emergency release disables hash calculation support due to potential data corruption when the buffer runs full.
· Please do not use hash calculation support of mbuffer for now.
· This issue is under investigation.
December 5th, 2012
· This version adds an option for a watchdog that terminates mbuffer if either input or output stream stall for a specified time, adds support for float values as arguments to options, and has some cleanup and a build fix.
May 5th, 2012
· This version fixes IPv6 client initialization on FreeBSD, suppresses the summary if -q is used with -l, and fixes a potential hang with option -P 100.
July 25th, 2011
· Some enhancements concerning multi-volume handling, new options for appending/truncating an output file, and a bugfix concerning I/O error handling.
March 18th, 2011
· An option was added to terminate on any kind of error.
· A hang when starting mbuffer in the background was fixed.
· The displayed dimensions were changed to be compliant to SI standards.
January 20th, 2011
· This version fixes an incorrect sanity check for the interaction between hashing and multiple outputs, and also fixes a potential issue with GCC when building in a separate directory.
October 13th, 2009
· This release adds a separate thread for hash calculation, support for libmhash with all provided hash algorithms, and fixes for a typo in the examples section, a potential race condition, and a potential lockup on SIGINT.
February 15th, 2009
· This release fixes a hang on transfer sizes smaller than blocksize with status display active.
· It has a Gentoo compatibility update, a man page update, a summary display update, and a libmhash initialization fix.
· Termination latency with active status display is reduced.
· There is a fix for -q suppressing the output of -H.
January 15th, 2009
· A fix for an assertion failure in network mode when compiled for 64-bit architectures.
January 7th, 2009
· The use of the deprecated atoi fucntion was replaced with strtol.
· Build fixes were made for FreeBSD.
December 8th, 2008
· More intelligent TCP buffer tuning plus an undocumented option to manually set the TCP buffer size.
· Fixes several typos, and fixes for some message formatting issues.
November 14th, 2008
· TCP buffer tuning was done.
· A make target check was added.
· An issue concerning missing output files was resolved.
· Numerous code cleanups were made.
October 25th, 2008
· mbuffer should not abort on SIGTERM.
· A segv which occurred when an invalid option was given was fixed.
· A minor codepath optimization was made.
· The status display now waits for the first block to be read. Minor cleanups were done.
October 15th, 2008
· A regression in the last release may lead to data corruption.
· This release fixes this issue.
· Versions 20080910 and 20080507 don't have this issue, so you only need to update now if you just downloaded 20081014.
October 15th, 2008
· Autoloader commands are now prevented from corrupting mbuffer's output. Cancellation issues were fixed.
· Sendfile should fall back to write.
· Manpath needs to be created.
· Support was added for O_DIRECT on systems that provide it.
· Solaris' native sempahore API is used.
· The documentation was updated.
September 11th, 2008
· This release adds support for multiple outputs, changes the license to the GPLv3, has several minor enhancements concerning error reporting, fixes a race condition in logging, checks the exit code of autoloader commands, and more.