November 7th, 2012
· Iso creation tool has been rewritten in python, made several times faster and merged with DrakX
· Dual arch iso features a complete set of all lxde packages
· New, complete sound theme contributed by Christian Augustin
· Initial work on rewriting installer & libraries in c++ has been started
· Installer stage1 & rescue mode merged (boot.iso will no longer have to download rescue environment)
· Much extended set of packages built for uClibc environment
· Grub 2 has replaced isolinux for the installer (system migration targetted for the first beta)
· KDE 4.9.2
September 19th, 2012
· Faster, smaller & much improved installer
· Installer text mode is now working again
· A slimmer, much improved and fixed rescue mode
· Dual arch CD iso image has been much improved with a more complete set of papckages filling it and also LXDE now shipped with it and installed by default
· Swith to linaro's gcc 4.7 branch has been completed
· HAL has finally been put to rest for good
· KDE 4.9.0
· We're still not dead!
· fons of other updates packages and bug fixes
October 14th, 2011
June 30th, 2011
· integration of (almost) final UI, new login manager, desktop themes, plasma widgets, icons, backgrounds, splash screens, launcher, boot screens and desktop settings developed by ROSA Labs
· initial version of Mandriva Sync and Sphere helpdesk clients, developed by ROSA Labs
· new version of Improver testing application, developed by ROSA Labs
· firefox 5.0, together with optionally installable beta and aurora versions
· x.org server 1.10.2 with most up-to-date video and input drivers
· mesa 7.10.3 and libdrm 2.4.26 for most up-to-date 3D experience
· pidgin 2.9.0
· kdepim 4.6.0 fully integrated into KDE
· OpenStack packages integrated into cooker
· iptables 184.108.40.206
· chromium browser 12 and 13 (unstable) available for installation
· updated gfxboot which should improve booting process on some uncommon hardware
· wireshark 1.6.0
· new mandriva-control-center based on QT, integrated into KDE system settings
· vlc 1.1.10
· shotwell 0.10.1
· clementine 0.7.1
· latest grub2 available in contrib for the ones willing to test it
· opera 11.50
· samba 3.5.9
· gcc 4.6.1
· octave 3.4.2
· git 1.7.6
· rsyslog 5.8.2
· ffmpeg 0.7.1
· kdevelop 4.2.3
· wine 1.3.23
· horde 3.3.11
· sqlite 3.7.7
· pulseaudio 0.9.23
· coreutils 8.12
· python 2.7.2
· blender 2.58
· thunderbird 3.1.11
· drizzle 2011.06.19
· systemd 29
· hugin 2011.0.0
· webkit 1.4.1
March 1st, 2011
· Among the most noticeable features are the simplification of the initial setup steps, both when running the image in Live mode, or before the installation, update to kernel 220.127.116.11, integration of the latest networkmanager-mdv plugin by Andrey Borzenkov, switch from scim to ibus for input framework, more indepth systemd integration into the system, and, of course, lots of packages updates all around.
February 1st, 2011
· It already comes with RPM 5, native systemd, NetworkManager support, KDE 4.6.0, kernel 2.6.37, Firefox 4b10, X.Org Server 1.9, Clementine 0.6 and lots of updated packages. Also, this technology preview shows a preview of the the new way we are thinking on how to run and install the Mandriva desktop. It will be possible to use the same Mandriva image to run it live, from either a CD-ROM or a Flash drive, or install it, all from the same image
January 9th, 2010
· Many improvements and new functionnalities are planned for this new version: your desktop will be smart and connected. But you will find also easy home encryption so that your personal data are secured even whereever you are. Also planned a big work on our tools to manage softwares installation and update to give more useful information and help user in choosing the best of open source softwares.
· Desktop environments are also one of our main focus to provide the best of Linux experience: preview of gnome-shell announcing future GNOME 3, KDE 4 also providing more and more innovations such as netbook plasmoid… Just test it en enjoy!
October 10th, 2009
· Moblin: enjoy new environment for mobile Linux desktops. Easy and ergonomic, Mandriva Linux is the first distribution to integrate it in free distribution. Installing it is easy: install task-moblin package in rpmdrake and choose Moblin in connection manager.
· kde 4.3.2: this is the very last stable version of KDE4 environment. Enjoy innovation and stability!
· GNOME 2.28: use your favorite environment in its last version.
· Poulsbo: One isos include now Poulsbo drivers. Using it is so easy: just let Mandriva detection tools do the job!
· guest account: allow somebody else to use safely your environment. It’s as easy as a click!
· Nepomuk: integration is still improved. Help us to promote this innovation for desktop. Test it!
August 1st, 2009
· KDE 4.3 RC3
· GNOME 2.27.5
· Xfce 4.6.1
· Kernel 2.6.31 RC4
· X.org server 1.6.2
April 30th, 2009Mandriva Linux 2009 Spring includes the following versions of the major distribution components:
· Kernel 2.6.29,
· X.org 7.4,
· KDE 4.2.2 ,
· GNOME 2.26,
· XFCE 4.6,
· Mozilla Firefox 3,
· OpenOffice.org 3 (based on the Go-OO branch) including 2 new extensions: presentation-minimize(to reduce file size of a presentation) and pdfimport(to modify existing pdf)
· Qt Creator 1
April 7th, 2009
· This RC2 version provides some updates on major desktop components of the distribution, including KDE 4.2.2, GNOME 2.26,X.org server 1.6, kernel 2.6.29.
March 11th, 2009
· This RC1 version provides some updates on major desktop components of the distribution, including KDE 4.2.1, GNOME 2.25.92, Xfce 4.6, X.Org server 1.6, OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 and Qt 4.5.0. It delivers a first glance at 2009.1 design with free wallpapers and provides a way to create a 'One' GNOME hybrid ISO image on a USB key. You will be able to use some very useful tools: HDT (Hardware Detection Tool) - get a complete description of your hardware without booting; Draksnapshot restore tools - restore your full system from a date you choose.
January 20th, 2009
· This alpha 2 concentrates on updating of the major desktop components of the distribution, including KDE 4.2 RC1, GNOME 2.25.4, Xfce 4.6 Beta 4, X.Org server 1.5, Python 2.6.1. Alpha 2 will also propose a complete rewriting of msec, the security framework of Mandriva Linux, which allows even beginners to configure a secure system. Together with msec, some improvements in the DiskDrake tool including ext4 in available file systems and better labels management. This release is available only in the DVD and dual-architecture CD Free edition with a traditional installer and no proprietary applications; beta version will add the live CD edition with proprietary drivers.
December 24th, 2008
· The first pre-release of Mandriva Linux 2009.1 is now available. This alpha concentrates on updating to the major desktop components of the distribution, including KDE 4.2 beta 2, GNOME 2.25.2, Xfce 4.6 beta 2, X.Org server 1.5, and kernel 2.6.28-rc8. It is also the first distribution to introduce the major new Tcl/Tk release, 8.6. The alpha is available only in the DVD 'Free' edition with a traditional installer and no proprietary applications; future pre-releases will add the live CD 'One' edition with proprietary drivers.
September 26th, 2008
· Improved boot speed
· Support for encrypted partitions in installer and DiskDrake using LUKS
· Improved support for netbooks hardware
· Support for Intel G41 graphics chipset
· GNOME 2.24
· KDE4 theming complete (still some small issues to fix)
· kernel 2.6.27rc7
· installer new design is finalized