April 23rd, 2013
· A minor release that adds dense SURF calculation and post-filtering SLIC segmentation as well as several documentation fixes.
February 4th, 2013
· Add haralick_features function
· Add out parameter to morph functions which were missing it
· Fix erode() & dilate() with empty structuring elements
· Special case binary erosion/dilation in C-Arrays
· Fix long-standing warning in TAS on zero inputs
· Add verbose argument to tests.run()
· Add circle_se to morph
· Allow loc(max|min) to take floating point inputs
· Add Bernsen local thresholding (bernsen and gbernsen functions)
December 3rd, 2012
· Fix distance() of non-boolean images (issue #24 on github)
· Fix encoding issue on PY3 on Mac OS (issue #25 on github)
· Add relabel() function
· Add remove_regions() function in labeled module
· Fix median_filter() on the borders (respect the mode argument)
· Add mahotas.color module for conversion between colour spaces
· Add SLIC Superpixels
· Many improvements to the documentation
November 6th, 2012
· This release adds several new morphological functions: subm, cdilate, and tophat transforms.
· It adds border handling to functions where it was missing, such as border, euler, and bwperim.
· It includes a few fixes for older compilers.
October 11th, 2012
· Fix compilation on 32-bit machines (Patch by Christoph Gohlke)
September 4th, 2012
· Fix compilation on Mac OS X 10.8 (reported by Davide Cittaro)
· Freeimage fixes on Windows by Christoph Gohlke
· Slightly faster _filter implementaiton
August 29th, 2012
· The major improvements are Python 3 support and wavelet transforms.
· There are a few bugfixes and performance improvements in the morphology modules.
July 17th, 2012
· This version has been relicensed as MIT and adds small fixes and feature improvements.
May 8th, 2012
· Move features to submodule
· Add morph.open function
· Add morph.regmax & morph.regmin functions
· Add morph.close function
· Fix morph.dilate crash
March 15th, 2012
· Fix installation of test data
· Greyscale erosion & dilation
· Use imread module (if available)
· Add output argument to erode() & dilate()
· Add 14th Haralick feature (patch by MattyG) --- currently off by default
· Improved zernike interface (zernike_moments)
· Add remove_bordering to labeled
· Faster implementation of ``bwperim``
· Add ``roundness`` shape feature
February 13th, 2012
· This version adds guassian_filter and as_rgb functions.
· It incorporates a few important bugfixes to the convolution and labeled submodules.
December 6th, 2011
· The dependency on scipy was removed.
· An interpolate module was added.
· Bugs with FreeImage on 64-bit machines and 2D TAS were fixed.
May 17th, 2011
· Add max_points & descriptor_only arguments to mahotas.surf
· Fix haralick for 3-D images (bug report by Rita Simões)
· Better error messages
· Fix hit&miss for non-boolean inputs
· Add label() function
April 7th, 2011
· Fix bug in cwatershed() when using return_lines=1
· Fix bug in cwatershed() when using equivalent types for image and markers
· Move tests to mahotas.tests and include them in distribution
· Include ChangeLog in distribution
· Fix compilation on the Mac OS
· Fix compilation warnings on gcc
February 18th, 2011
· The "mahotas.stretch()" function was improved.
· A corner case in surf (when determinant was zero) was fixed.
· The "threshold" argument was added in mahotas.surf.
· The imreadfromblob() and imsavetoblob() functions were added.
· The "max_points" argument was added for mahotas.surf.interest_points().
· The "mahotas.labeled.borders" function was added.
December 21st, 2010
· Fix memory leak in _surf
· More robust searching for freeimage
· More functions in mahotas.surf() to retrieve intermediate results
· Improve compilation on Windows (patches by Christoph Gohlke)
December 14th, 2010
· This release contains two major new features: SURF local features and an implementation of n-dimensional convolution.
· It also contains a few minor new features: it releases the GIL in morphological functions, adds a just_filter option in edge.sobel(), and has a new submodule mahotas.labeled to deal with labeled images.
November 23rd, 2010
· Improve Local Binary patterns (faster and better interface)
· Much faster erode() (10x faster)
· Faster dilate() (2x faster)
· TAS for 3D images
· Haralick for 3D images
September 10th, 2010
· Major Changes: distance transform, bwperim(), a freeimage interface, and zernike moment computation.
· Minor changes: namespace reorganization, many bugfixes, and speed improvements in many functions.