New in version 1.6.2
October 4th, 2012
- Magick Rotation v. 1.6.2 fixes the CTM rotation scaling bug with xf86-input-evdev. Python 2 is specified in Magick Rotation's shebang lines to accommodate the switch to Python 3 by some Distros. The Installer now supports LMDE (and hopefully Debian).
New in version 1.6.1 (June 30th, 2012)
- While Magick Rotation 1.6.1 is primarily a bug fix release it also includes some gui tweaks and code cleanup. The autostart bug is fixed and the autostart feature can be enabled or disabled again.
- Other 1.6.x features such as Fujitsu tablet PC support and the addition of Fedora, openSUSE, and Mint to the Installer, along with the Gnome Shell extension, are discussed in the Magick Rotation v. 1.6 announcement.
New in version 1.6 (June 23rd, 2012)
- Magick Rotation v. 1.6 adds support for Fujitsu tablet PC's. The Installer start code was removed from the magick-rotation module and is now in MAGICK-INSTALL. Run it to install Magick Rotation. The v. 1.6 Installer supports Fedora, openSUSE, and Mint along with Ubuntu. A companion Uninstaller named MAGICK-UNINSTALL was developed. An extension was added for Gnome Shell 3.2 and later to move the Magick icon to the system tray. Additionally oem_wmi.py was consolidated into hinge.py and removed as a stand alone module.
New in version 1.5 (October 10th, 2011)
- Magick Rotation v. 1.5 adds support for Ubuntu's Oneiric Ocelot (11.10) by fixing the checkmagick compile for the newly introduced toolchain. Other Distros are also adopting the new toolchain. The Installer now installs all needed Magick Rotation files and deletes the install files. However the option to run Magick Rotation from its folder as before is preserved. The LVDS# bug is fixed. The udev rules are updated and a 'magick' group is added by the Installer to enhance security.
New in version 1.4 (May 17th, 2011)
- Magick Rotation v. 1.4 adds support for Ubuntu's Natty Narwhal (11.04). The whitelist.py file was added so that the Magick Rotation tray icon appears in Natty's Unity system tray. The reversal of cw and ccw (right and left portrait rotation) for the stylus and other input tools on the Wacom X driver was found to be in xf86-input-wacom and a patch submitted and accepted. See FAQ. It also addresses the current bug in evdev rotation by adding Xinput's CTM (coordinate transformation matrix) method to xrotate.py for evdev rotation. Additionally the gui package installer has been updated to ensure Magick Rotation is added to autostart (Startup Applications) during install.
New in version 1.3 (January 31st, 2011)
- Adds support for Dell and Lenovo tablet pc's alongside the HP's.
- Two additional HP models, the Compaq TC4200 & TC4400, are also supported.
- A MagickExtras folder containing a dell-wmi modified by Rafi Rubin to report the swivel hinge state (and dkms support for the dell-wmi) is included.
New in version 1.2 (December 16th, 2010)
- Magick-rotation now listens to xrandr events to reduce CPU usage. hp-wmi is now longer inside of magick-rotation so there is a new script that will run to listen to the swivel hinge if you have hp-wmi.
- Created an installer to install the components needed for magick-rotation.
- Changed magick-rotation to listen to xrandr events
- Created hp-wmi script to listen to hp-wmi events directly.