May 21st, 2012
· 04773: [Crash/Freeze] (midyunit.c) mkyawdim, mkyawdim2: Crash before OK (Fabio Priuli)
· 04847: [Interface] -video ddraw with 16-bit desktop causes crash
· 00501: [Crash/Freeze] (liberate.c) liberatr: Select any wave above 16 (19 or 22) and the game resets on the planet screen. (couriersud)
· 04834: [Graphics] All sets in batman.c, relief.c, shuuz.c, thunderj.c: Missing or misplaced graphic elements (hap)
· 04843: [Crash/Freeze] feversoc: Black Screen (David Haywood)
· 04840: [Crash/Freeze] (xmen.c) xmen6p, xmen6pu: Crash after OK (hap)
· 04492: [Sound] (missile.c) missile, missile1, missile2: Imperfect sound played for UFO and bomber attack. (couriersud)
· 04822: [Crash/Freeze] (cdi.c) All sets in cdi.c: Crash after OK (micko)
· 04835: [Graphics] (gsword.c) gsword, gsword2, josvolly: Graphics and palette corruption (hap)
· 04829: [Save/Restore] (astrocde.c) gorf, gorfpgm1, gorfpgm1g: Intermittent failure of autosave state function in gorf sets (hap)
· 04789: [Graphics] (megasys1.c) avspirit, monkelf: Missing sprites (hap)
· 04805: [DIP/Input] (seta.c) blandia, blandiap: Dip Default "Coin Mode 1" now triggers freeplay (micko)
· 04804: [Crash/Freeze] (simpl156.c) candance, chainrec, charlien, joemacr, joemacra, magdrop, magdropp, osman: Black Screen/Hang (w/noted slowdown) (micko)
· 04823: [Gameplay] (dgpix.c) fmaniac3: game shows only white screen after title (micko)
· 04807: [Crash/Freeze] (copsnrob.c) copsnrob: Hang/Freeze at boot (micko)
· 04833: [Sound] (labyrunr.c) tricktrp & clones: music is too fast (hap)
· 04828: [Documentation] (bfm_sc4.c) sc4crgc and clones: The correct year of production is '2003'.
· 04827: [Documentation] (bfm_sc5.c) sc5dmine and clones: The correct year of production is '2002'.
· 04776: [Crash/Freeze] (raiden2.c) xsedae: Crash after OK (hap)
· 04826: [DIP/Input] (alpha68k.c) gangwars, goldmedl, skyadvnt, skysoldr, timesold and it's clones: starting button for P1 is always on, you cannot use P1 inputs (hap)
· 01631: [Crash/Freeze] (superqix.c) sqixb2, perestro, perestrof: game resets after starting game (hap)
· 04824: [Documentation] (cps2.c) xmvsfu1d: In-Game selftest fails on program rom 3 & 4
· 04817: [Graphics] (batman.c) batman: missing, corrupted graphics (hap)
· 04815: [Documentation] (bfm_sc5.c) sc5crnjw and clones: The correct year of production is '2004'.
· 04813: [Documentation] (arcadia.c) ar_airh ar_airh2: Missing relationship (clone of...) between sets
· 04586: [DIP/Input] (gunbustr.c) gunbustr and clones: You cannot insert coin (hap)
· 04588: [Sound] (gunbustr.c) gunbustr and clones: No Sound (hap)
· 04738: [Graphics] (playch10.c) pc_mman3, pc_ngai2, pc_ngai3, pc_pwbld, pc_radr2: Graphics are messed up
· 04809: [Crash/Freeze] (redclash.c) All sets in redclash.c: Hang on Boot (hap)
· 04808: [DIP/Input] (exprraid.c) All sets in exprraid.c: Hang after coining up (hap)
· 04806: [Crash/Freeze] (ladybug.c) All sets in ladybug.c (except sraider): Hang/Freeze at boot (hap)
· 04810: [Crash/Freeze] (aleck64.c) 11beat, hipai, mtetrisc, srmvs, starsldr, twrshaft, vivdolls: Crash after OK (micko)
February 7th, 2012
· Happy 15th Anniversary! Over its 15 years of existence since MAME 0.01 was released for MS-DOS with an initial library of 5 sets, MAME has grown exponentially to the point that no one thought we would be, boasting 18,650 different sets and operable on more OS platforms than thought possible. While video-based arcade games were the original targets for MAME, the scope of the project has grown to include documentation of virtually all coin-operated amusement devices including gambling (video/slots), coin droppers, pinball machines and
· more. Through the efforts of the literally thousands of developers, players and others who have provided assistance and feedback over the project's history, we would like to thank all of them that made this possible!
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed:
· 04455: [Crash/Freeze] All sets in cliffhgr.c: Crash/assert and graphic issues (Aaron Giles)
· 04644: [Core] Tilemap viewer always broken / displays in shades of Blue (Aaron Giles)
· 04607: [Graphics] All sets in cliffhgr.c: Video playback is faulty screen flashes (Aaron Giles)
· 04656: [Misc.] Various Sets: "Timer Error" shows before start of game each time, showing odd time during setting (Angelo Salese)
· 04661: [Crash/Freeze] calchase: Assert while doing initial memory test (Carl)
· 04622: [Crash/Freeze] anmlbskt: Crash before OK (R. Belmont)
· 04636: [Crash/Freeze] mquake: [debug] Exception after OK (R. Belmont)
· 04654: [Timing] All sets in stv.c: All sets do not start or play correctly (Timing, Auto Credit, Sound) (R. Belmont)
· 04650: [Documentation] m1coro11n, m1coro11np, m1coro12n, m1coro12np, m1coro21n, m1coro21np, m1coro22n, m1coro31p, m1coro32n, m1coro32np: Game descriptions contain a TAB character.
· 04648: [Graphics] All sets in btime.c: Misplaced graphics for player 2 in cocktail mode (hap)
· 04635: [Graphics] terrafb, terrafjb: [debug] Graphics corruption on both sides of the screen (David Haywood)
· 04632: [Crash/Freeze] oldsplus: [debug] Assert before OK (David Haywood)
· 04626: [DIP/Input] ddragon2 and clones: Wrong dipswitch settings default settings
· 04647: [DIP/Input] cabal and all clones: "Bonus Lives" settings are wrong (stephh)
· 04628: [Crash/Freeze] agress, agressb: Black screen (R. Belmont)
· 03444: [Debugger] Registered ram blocks registered with save state cannot be viewed with debugger (R. Belmont)
· Fixed disassembly of far jump instructions in the u'nSP core [trap15]
· Correct loading for dragngun video data, identified as standard DVI data [David Haywood]
· Slight fix to the way captaven rasters were handled [David Haywood]
· Added proper widescreen layout on Super Chase [David Haywood]
· Improved inputs in Tourvision driver [Stephh]
· Added sprites wrap-around in Donkey Kong HW, seen in DK3 when clearing stage 1 [hap]
· chd: Fix error where FLAC was encoding 4 times too much data (samples vs. bytes) [David Haywood]
· Converted Boogie Wings to generic sprite device plus added manual mixing. Converted various bootleg implementations of the chip to use the common code as well. (tumbleb.c, esd16.c, crospang.c, nmg5.c) [David Haywood]
· Implemented preliminary support for Trident SVGA cards, fixes graphics in California Chase loading screen [Grull Osgo, Angelo Salese]
· Hooked up inputs and sound in california chase, game is now more or less working without steer inputs and still needs the user to launch boot.exe first from MS-DOS prompt. [Grull Osgo, Angelo Salese]
· Various wav/flac sample changes: [David Haywood]
· Remove hardcoded ".wav" sample extensions from within drivers
· Update samples.c to check for both .flac and .wav extensions when loading a sample
· Made sample loading failure a bit more verbose (various zips contained 0 byte samples, I assume to keep clrmame happy or something)
· Fixed memory allocation with 8-bit flac samples
· Act Fancer: fixed background tilemap size, corrects level boss bg (partial fix for MT #4585) [David Haywood]
· RDP optimizations and memory system shunting in N64 driver; relative speedup of 1.4x to 1.5x [MooglyGuy]
· Truco Tron reverse engineering [Roberto Fresca]
· Identified and added EF6821P PIA for I/O.
· Identified and added the CRTC as HD/UM6845.
· Identified a Maxim MAX691 and hooked watchdog/reset functions based on the PIA line where is tied. Also hooked others minor related things.
· Identified a Darlington Array ULN2003.
· Added correct clocks for main crystal, CPU and CRTC through #define.
· Improved inputs/jumpers with PCB traces.
· Added technical notes.
· Model 1: add skeleton device for Z80 version of the MPEG sound board.
· No playback, just running the Z80. [R. Belmont]
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status:
· Street Games II [Angelo Salese, Mariusz Wojcieszek]
· Boong-Ga Boong-Ga (Spank'em!) [R. Mucciarelli, pongplaya, ranger_lennier, Kevin Eshbach, gamerfan, M. Ponweiser, emuLOAD, R. Gatzke, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union, Pierpaolo Prazzoli]
New clones added:
· Warriors of Fate ('sgyxz' bootleg) (not working) [angelosa]
· Print Club 2 Felix The Cat (Rev. A) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Print Club 2 '98 Spring Ver [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Hyperspace (bootleg of Asteroids) [Byte Surfer]
· Tekken Tag Tournament (Asia, TEG2/VER.C1, set 1) [Brian Troha, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· X-Men (4 Players ver ADA) [Bonky0013]
· Print Club Goukakenran (J 991104 V1.000) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Print Club Olive (J 980717 V1.000) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Print Club 2 '98 Autumn Ver (J 980827 V1.000) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Print Club Kome Kome Club (J 970203 V1.000) [f205v, ranger_lennier, dopefishjustin, Yohji, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Ultimate Arctic Thunder [gamerfan, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
· Dumped HDD for Photo Play 2000 v2.01 [Team Europe]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING:
· Dungeon Explorer (Tourvision PCE bootleg) [Charles McDonald, Clawgrip, AUMAP]
· Unknown BMC Poker Game
· Gone Fishing 2
· Chess Challenge 2 [SoftwareThis]
· EZ Touch [XingXing]
· Sega Shooting Zone
· Bounty Hunter [Gatinho]
March 13th, 2010
· IMPORTANT NOTE: As of this release of MAME, several important things about the system have changed. Please read the following items before attempting to compile this new version.
· A new tool chain for Windows, based off of gcc 4.4.3 prerelease, is now REQUIRED. Go to http://mamedev.org/tools to get the new tools. The code included with 0.137 WILL NOT BUILD with the old tools. The new tool chain has support for building 64-bit MAME builds with gcc, as well as built-in DirectX headers, and C++ support, which was missing from the old tools.
· Non-Unicode builds of Windows MAME are no longer supported. The options to turn this off in the makefile have been removed, and future changes are likely to solidify this requirement. If you are still (God forbid) running on Win9x, you will need the unicows.dll library to run MAME. Download unicows from Microsoft.
· All code in MAME is now compiled as C++, plus there have been a few small changes that take advantage of the C++ language. For the most part, there is no effect on how drivers are written, except for some nicer accessors to devices and address spaces. Future improvements to take advantage of the C++ syntax will evolve slowly, and will be done internally. We are not interested in outside attempts to do this work for now.
· The SDL OSD for MAME is now shipped as part of the main source package. SDL builds for Windows are now regularly built as part of the validation sequence for a new release. Thanks to R. Belmont, couriersud, and Olivier Galibert for their work on the SDL port over the years.
February 27th, 2010
· More save state support for many games
August 10th, 2009
· a ton of bugfixes
· MAME emulated in MAME for the first time
June 9th, 2009
· Fixed colors in the Aristocrat Mark-IV driver. [Angelo Salese]
· Hooked up 2nd player mahjong panel in mjkjidai. [Angelo Salese]
· Watchdog hooked up in twinkle.c so test mode exits. [smf]
· Fixed for good the colors in 86 Lions. [Angelo Salese]
· Fixed address line swapping in Mirax. [Olivier Galibert]
· Fixed rom 2 decryption in Mirax. [Tomasz Slanina]
· Improved the video emulation in Mirax. [Angelo Salese]
· Fixed a minor typo in the SSEM debugging features. [MooglyGuy]
· Fixed a number of year listings known to be unknown or incorrect the
current MAME source. The source for these changes come from the book:
· Arcade TV Game List (Edition: Domestic and Overseas, 1971 - 2005).
· [Tafoid, Fujix]
· Update ghosteo driver with information out of eolith.c about QS1000
· and added the sample rom, with a note about it NOT being dumped from
· this PCB but is a common sample rom used by Eolith. [Brian Troha]
· Fixed minor cycle counting inaccuracy in Z80 core. [Marshmellow]
· Added the concept of device contracts. A contract is a well-defined
· set of interfaces supported by a device, and identified by a unique
· string identifier. A device may support any number of contracts,
· described in a list via the DEVICE_CONTRACT_LIST* macros. The purpose
· of contracts is to provide a means for devices to expose a standard
· set of interfaces to other parts of the system. For example, the PCI
· device should expose a contract that includes functions for
· configuration register access, and 32-bit I/O. Then any device with
· a PCI interface should implement the PCI contract, so that the PCI
· bus device can route things appropriately. [Aaron Giles]
· Removed the MDRV__REMOVE macros. A simple DEVICE_REMOVE
· works now that device types are not needed. [Aaron Giles]
· Verified clocks on Samurai Aces pcb. [Corrado Tomaselli]
· Added missing static and const qualifiers throughout the source.
· [Atari Ace]
· Changed several internal interfaces to be more consistent, namely
· (1) passing device_config as a const always, (2) passing
· running_machine as a non-const always, (3) eliminating running_machine
· where possible, (4) passing machine/device first, and (5) preferring
· (screen, bitmap, cliprect) over (machine, bitmap, cliprect) when all
· are needed for rendering. [Atari Ace]
February 26th, 2009
· New -video sdl13 video driver using SDL 1.3 texture and line primitives. Acclerated SDL 1.3 drivers including directfb now run very fast. See src/osd/sdl/README_SDL13.txt for full details.
· fixed returning (w,h) = (0,0) in get_max_bounds
· SDL1.3: Clear bck when moving
· SDL1.3: now compiles on win32
· SDL1.3: Support screen refresh rates, provided the sdl video layer supports them (e.g. X11)
· Use video_config.waitvsync (previously option was queried)
· -video soft / -sm now supports -prescale
· Cleanup of SDL code and data