December 26th, 2011
· Some tests have been extended and a few new ones have been added to this release.
· There are also improvements for the screen output and logging.
April 6th, 2009New:
· Sudoers file permissions check [AUTH-9252]
· Core dumps configuration check for Linux [KRNL-5820]
· PHP disabled functions check [PHP-2320]
· PHP enable_dl function check [PHP-2374]
· PHP allow_url_fopen function check [PHP-2376]
· OpenBSD smtpd status check [MAIL-8920]
· /etc/issue check [BANN-7124]
· /etc/issue legal keywords check [BANN-7126]
· Show suggestions in report
· Extended support for Red Hat, CentOS and Fedora
· Extended ACL test to test for default mount options as well [FILE-6368]
· Exim status test fixed [MAIL-8812]
· Corrected yum security check [PKGS-7386]
· Replaced LDAP test AUTH-9238 with [AUTH-9402]
· Removed backquotes when locate database is not available [FILE-6410]
· Added /etc/openldap to search path for OpenLDAP
· Fixed typo in crontab path [SCHD-7704]
· Don't show message "No volume groups found" if LVM isn't used [FILE-6310]
· Corrected Syslog-NG status [LOGG-2132]
· Moved TODO to dev directory
March 27th, 2009New:
· slapd.conf check [LDAP-2224]
· atd status test [SCHD-7718]
· Check LDAP module in PAM [AUTH-9278]
· Check Dovecot status check [MAIL-8838]
· Check log directories from newsyslog.conf [LOGG-2162]
· Check log directories from static list [LOGG-2170]
· Check log directories from logrotate configuration [LOGG-2150]
· syslog check for remote logging [LOGG-2154]
· Open log files check [LOGG-2180]
· Deleted file check [LOGG-2190]
· Solaris active kernel modules check [KRNL-5770]
· Solaris audit daemon status check [ACCT-9650]
· Solaris audit daemon service status [ACCT-9652]
· Solaris audit daemon BSM check [ACCT-9654]
· Solaris audit logging location check [ACCT-9662]
· Solaris audit statistics check [ACCT-9672]
· Check for installed compiler [HRDN-7202]
· BIND process check [NAME-4202]
· BIND configuration file check [NAME-4204]
· BIND configuration consistency check [NAME-4206]
· BIND version check via DNS [NAME-4210]
· Default domain check (/etc/resolv.conf) [NAME-4016]
· Search domains in /etc/resolv.conf check [NAME-4018]
· Parse /etc/resolv.conf options [NAME-4020]
· Solaris /etc/nodename check [NAME-4026]
· DNS domain checks [NAME-4028]
· NSCD status check [NAME-4032]
· PowerDNS presence check [NAME-4230]
· PowerDNS configuration file check [NAME-4232]
· PowerDNS backend check [NAME-4236]
· ypbind status check [NAME-4302]
· Log specific defined SSH daemon options [SSH-7408]
· SSH protocol version check [SSH-7414]
· NIS domain checks [NAME-4304]
· Check pending at jobs [SCHD-7724]
· LVM volume group scan [FILE-6310]
· LVM volumes check [FILE-6312]
· Locate database check [FILE-6410]
· nginx configuration file check [HTTP-6704]
· Exim status check [MAIL-8802]
· Postfix status check [MAIL-8814]
· atd needs to run before testing at files [SCHD-7720]
· Removed Solaris OS requirement from logrotate test [LOGG-2148]
· Sanitized output from logrotate test [LOGG-2148]
· Skip comment fields in loghost check [LOGG-2152]
· Changed auditd tests to Linux only
· Binary scan optimized and partially combined with other check
· Only perform iptables tests if kernel module is active
· Don't show message when /etc/shells can't be found [SHLL-6211]
· Check /var/spool/cron/crontabs first, if it exists [SCHD-7704]
· Renumbered FreeBSD test SHLL-7225 [SHLL-6202]
· Renumbered malware test MALW-3292 [HRDN-7230]
· Improved grep on process status [PRNT-2304]
· Ignore comment lines for nginx log file check [HTTP-6720]
· Added file check for nginx log files [HTTP-6720]
· Display IP addresses only of NTP tests [TIME-3124]
· Fixed Postfix configuration directory path [MAIL-8816]
· Redirected output of yum package duplicate check [PKGS-7384]
· Ignore comment lines for lilo test [BOOT-5139]
· Fixed incorrect iptables status and correct logging [FIRE-4511]
· Check SNMP configuration only if SNMP daemon runs [SNMP-3304]
· Don't scan PAM directories which are symlinks [AUTH-9268]
· Changed hardening category to hardening_tools
· Adjusted hardening points of several tests
· Log and display improvements for several tests
March 17th, 2009
· This release adds more than 30 new tests, including NTP, auditd, PAM, NFS and ClamAV.
· It introduces several new features (i.e. hardening index), parameters (i.e. --tests-category), and some small bugfixes.
· Screen output on Solaris has been improved.
March 2nd, 2009
· This release contains many new tests, like status checks for Syslog-NG, klogd, and minilogd. Several inetd and logging tests have been added.
· Two new categories (Insecure services and SNMP) are included, and several problems related to Solaris have been fixed.
February 15th, 2009
· This release brings support for MySQL (client) and several new testings including MySQL, sysstat, and SSH.
· It also contains adjusted tests, bugfixes, and minor improvements like screen and log file output.
September 7th, 2008
· This release adds support for SELinux, Samba, PAM, and password expire checks.
· A new option (--tests) is available to run specific audit tests only.
· Beside the new additions, lots of small issues were solved.
· Logging, reporting, and screen output were improved.
August 27th, 2008
· This release adds 8 new tests (a Solaris password test, and support for AFICK, AIDE, Osiris, Samhain, Tripwire, NIS, and NIS authentication).
· PID file handling and logging are improved, some tests were slighty rewritten, and a man page check has been added when using --view-manpage.