New in version 1.8.3
August 11th, 2010
- Lustre 1.8.3 provides support for OEL 5, RHEL 5, SLES 10 and 11, offers several minor improvements, and provides a number of bug fixes. Learn about the 1.8 family of features - Adaptive Timeouts, OSS Read Cache, OST Pools and Version-based Recovery and why you should upgrade.
New in version 1.8.0 (June 18th, 2009)
- Adaptive Timeouts
- OSS Read Cache
- OST Pools
- Version-based Recovery
New in version 126.96.36.199 (April 17th, 2009)
- Support for networks:
- socklnd - any kernel supported by Lustre
- qswlnd - Qsnet kernel modules 5.20 and later
- openiblnd - IbGold 1.8.2
- o2iblnd - OFED 1.1, 1.2.0, 1.2.5, and 1.3.1
- viblnd - Voltaire ibhost 3.4.5 and later
- ciblnd - Topspin 3.2.0
- iiblnd - Infiniserv 3.3 + PathBits patch
- gmlnd - GM 2.1.22 and later
- mxlnd - MX 1.2.1 or later
- ptllnd - Portals 3.3 / UNICOS/lc 1.5.x, 2.0.x
- Support for kernels:
- 2.6.5-7.314 (SLES 9)
- 2.6.9-67.0.22.EL (RHEL 4)
- 188.8.131.52-0.31 (SLES 10)
- 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 (RHEL 5)
- 184.108.40.206 vanilla (kernel.org)
New in version 1.6.6 (January 8th, 2009)
- This release adds support for downgrading pools-striped files.
- Distribution kernel support has been updated to RHEL5 kernel-2.6.18-92.1.10.el5 and SLES10 SP2 kernel-220.127.116.11-0.27.
- There are numerous bugfixes, including fixes for 8 TB systems with more than 65536 groups, machines with more than 1GB of RAM, and issues when mounting filesystems with the flock option.