April 13th, 2013
· Web services were decoupled from the core API.
· Every change to the title of a document is now reflected in the file name.
· A bug where search in folder was broken for the admin account was fixed.
February 28th, 2013
· The user interface was upgraded.
· A new Boolean extended attribute type was added.
· Full text search in WebService was fixed along with an inability to update preset attributes via WebSevices, an error in statistical graphs, and incorrect page order in the preview.
November 29th, 2011
· This version fixes a problem which made permissions and alias properties invisible, sub-folder search differences between non-admin and admin accounts, previews not working on Linux, users with only read privileges being able to delete tags on documents, and an inability to build export archives.
· It adds automatic focus on the new folder dialog box, "Download item" in the versions context menu, and "Rename item" in the document's context menu.
June 20th, 2011New Features:
· Core - Notes on Docment
· Core - Custom attributes presets
· Core - Dynamic configuration of extension
· Core - Plugins control panel
· Core - Tags preset
· Search - Progressive search
· Search - Configurable default number of displayed hits
· User Interface - Full preview for stored emails
· User Interface - Improved the Tag input
· User Interface - Improved preview of multimedia files
· User Interface - Improved preview of pdf files
· User Interface - TagCloud 3d for arabic words
· User Interface - Drop Spot upload progress bar
· Core - Unable to save exclusion rule on indexing preference
· User Interface - Preview of large image documents difficult on IE 8.0
April 7th, 2011
· New features include a document rating system, the ability to send multiple documents by email as attachments or zip files, full Dutch support, the ability to move documents between folders with drag'n'drop, and RTL support in the Arabic language.
· Users forgetting their passwords can now email the administrator for help.
· Improvements were made for extraction of text from PDF forms and metadata extraction from image files.
· The listing configuration is saved for important tables.
· Labels can be specified for custom fields on templates.
· The Jackrabbit dependency was upgraded to 1.6.4.
· The inability to save when adding multiple tags was fixed.
March 8th, 2011
· ADDED: New methods listChildren and getRootFolder in Folder WebService
· ADDED: New method isWriteable in Folder WebService
· ADDED: Ability to delete or change an attribute from a Document Template
· CHANGED: Document listing order in webservice document.list function
· CHANGED: Upgraded the dependencies from GWT and SmartGWT frameworks
· FIXED: Searching problems on Author and CustomID fields
· FIXED: Unable to perform checkin with different file-name
· FIXED: Exception accessing a document with pending template
· FIXED: Empty folder when sourceAuthor contains the & (ampersand) character
February 9th, 2011
· The ability to resize the preview window of a document was added.
· The number of elements (documents and sub-folders) within a folder is now shown.
· The display of the context menu in a folder was fixed when the folder name contains the "/" character.
· The ability to delete document links was fixed.
· Memory usage during PDF parsing was reduced.
· The download option on the document links panel was fixed.
· An exception on the server when forcing a task to stop was fixed.
· Saving of the parameter "Use authentication flag" was fixed.
January 20th, 2011
· Version 6.0 represents a milestone in the evolution of LogicalDOC.
· The main change that everyone will notice immediately is the new Web interface now based on GWT (Google Web Toolkit).
· The transition to this technology gives LogicalDOC a new modern look and feel, along with improved performances and a cloud-oriented approach.
Other additions include:
· New Administration Statistics area
· Updated translations of the software
· Improvements in the preview of documents
· Improvements in search and indexing engines for intra-word searches
· Ability to edit documents directly from search results
· Decoupling of languages in the GUI and the indexing of documents
· Complete support for Arabic and Chinese languages
· Updated the web-service interfaces
· Better management of the scheduled tasks
· Ability to perform multiple documents upload
November 26th, 2010
· Improved support for previewing documents, fixed support for locales with language variants (such as Brazilian Portuguese), a translation of the GUI to German, support for the Norwegian language, and improvements in the advanced search.
· Problems with Web services were fixed along with problems with WebDAV permissions after renaming, moving, and deleting folders and files.
· The parser for PDF documents was improved.
· A new Web service method was provided for collecting the metadata of a list of documents.
October 11th, 2010
· Clear separation from menu and folders, improved stability and performances, new control icons, and an upgraded Spring dependency (3.0)
June 29th, 2010
· The GUI has been completely redesigned for a better user experience.
· This release sees the use of GWT technology (Google Web Toolkit) for the GUI, and has a graphical administration interface with widgets to render visually the composition of a document repository.
· This release introduces management of trash from the user and the ability to create bookmarks on documents.
June 17th, 2010
· The contextual menu on folders was stripped due to performance issues on medium sized document repositories.
· Support for the localization of the menus was fixed.
· Performance improvements were made in WebDAV.
· A new Danish translation was included.
December 20th, 2009
· New user interface, more pleasant and attractive, with more user-friendly navigation controls.
· History of changes on folders.
· Workflow light also on the community version (thanks to Sebastian Wenzky).
· Optimized for operation on MySQL 5.1
· New translations for Spanish and German.
· New navigation between folders with complete folder tree.
· Updated Lucene and Icefaces dependencies.
· Ability to disable from the GUI the services (web service, WebDAV)
October 13th, 2009
· The ability to specify the type for the custom attributes for a document template was added.
· Note that this change involves a major change in the database.
· Web services also have been deeply changed with the introduction of new methods to simplify the integration of LogicalDOC with other software.
· Another update worth mentioning is reached on the WebDAV plugin in order to allow editing of a document while maintaining the versioning.
· Memory usage was made more efficient.
· A translation for the French language was added.
September 2nd, 2009
· The goal of this release is to improve the content extraction and the subsequent indexing of the documents loaded in LogicalDOC.
· The parser for the extraction of the textual content from documents OpenOffice, KOffice, and StarOffice has been reviewed.
· There are new parsers for text extraction from AbiWord, WordPerfect, and HTML.
· The import from ZIP archives has been modified to improve the import of ZIP produced in non-Unicode format, in which documents and folders names may contain non-Latin characters.
· German and Spanish translations have been updated.
July 9th, 2009
· Fixed problem during checkin with accented characters
· Improved the style of discussion forum
· Fixed SQL DDLs for MS SQL Server 2005
· Implemented the document's copy feature
· Fixed visualization problems of ICEfaces error messages
· Improved preview of the documents
May 4th, 2009
· Fixed MySQL issues with permissions
· Fixed support for Oracle 10g
· 0000103: [Core] Cannot view LDAP menu (blucecio) - resolved.
· 0000088: [Core] Cannot view Security Menu (blucecio) - closed.
· 0000100: [User Interface] Add the Bug report menu (blucecio) - closed.
· 0000096: [Core] Unable to execute query (car031) - closed.
· 0000092: [Core] Optimize Indexes (car031) - closed.
· 0000093: [Import / Export] Uploading Documents (car031) - closed.
· 0000091: [Core] Parser for HTM - closed.
· 0000089: [Core] LDAP configuration - closed.
April 18th, 2009
· The most significant change is undoubtedly the introduction of the external authentication system. Thanks to the contribution of Mr. Sebastian Wenzky was made a plugin that allows to authenticate users in LogicalDOC via LDAP and Active Directory.
· Another interesting change was made to the discussion of the documents. Now there is a genuine forum for debate on the single document that allows you to insert comments and start dynamic discussions.
· LogicalDOC uses the following core technologies:
· Apache Lucene 2.4
· Apache CXF (JAX-WS implementation)
· ICEfaces (JSF Ajax framework)
March 25th, 2009
· Fixed bug reported during the upload of files using Firefox 3.0.7
· Updated document's type icons
· Updated icons on the document contextual menu
· 0000069: [User Interface] Unable to delete Group
· 0000053: [User Interface] Spanish support
· 0000054: [Core] Create Groups
· 0000052: [Core] Failing to validate integrity on deleting groups
· 0000044: [Core] Add a Back button to options when viewing a document
· 0000055: [Core] Download-Tickets
March 12th, 2009
· WebDAV: fixed last minute bug that prevent the correct usage of the interface in LD 4.0
· Translation: small changes in German localization
· Search engine: eliminated the index synchronous recreation, replaced with simple index initialization
February 15th, 2009
· Small changes were made in the GUI.
· Security policies were fixed in the WebDAV interface.
· Custom attribute management on documents was fixed.
January 13th, 2009
· Several important bugs were fixed.
· A major new feature was developed that allows you to manage the visibility/editing of the fields in a document by group.
October 23rd, 2008
· New skin
· Fixed wrong mechanics on versioning (Contineo 3.5)
· Web-Services refactoring (JAX-WS) and introduction of CXF
· Download of text extracted from a document