New in version 2.1
March 7th, 2014
- Enhances power saving further – Originally Linpus boasted the best battery life for a Linux distro and they have worked to improve by another 15%.
- Brings boot time down again by around 4 seconds making it one of the quickest Linux distros available.
- Installation - Unifies OOBE and installer and makes installation speed quicker – Around 6 minutes by USB.
- App center – Adds system update support and many more applications.
- Icon mode – Now has native apps as well as HTML5.
- Now can access all open windows from bottom left corner and workspaces in top left.
- Dual boot with Windows 8 UEFI and secure boot on.
- Easier to use new login window.
New in version 1.9.3 (June 8th, 2013)
- New user experience of App Center.
- Increase free Apps to 1456.
- Integrate Dropbox in Nautilus file browser.
- Adjust title bar of Chromium web browser for fit with touch behavior.
- Pre-installed font viewer utility.
- Add Exchange Web Service support in Thunderbird 17.
- Pre-installed office & input method of Live CD/USB & windows installer.
New in version 1.9 (February 8th, 2013)
- Touch pad finger support – 2 and 3 finger gestures to: move between pages, minimize, access right click menu; swap between touch mode and mouse mode, and drag objects.
- Smart Receive - Updates your email, apps, and social networks even when your computer is asleep.
- Today panel with useful HTML5 based widgets, including: Clock, News, Weather, Calendar and Photo Slide show
- Extremely fast boot – Less than 15 seconds.
- Smart icon support and notifications- Real time weather; patches and upgrades; new app versions, email, messages, detachable media, and mart connect
- Quick launch panel for fast network and screen configuration.
New in version 1.7 (March 16th, 2012)
- Open windows now appear as thumbnails on the dock and can be previewed and launched from there.
- Smart icons displaying number of incoming and unread messages from your email and social networks.
- Two additional panels: Today panel to display your schedule for that day, RSS and the weather forecast and a Files panel to make searching and copying to the dock easier.
- Linpus YouTube, LiveDesktop and Ereader applications - Linpus Ereader has both cloud and local reading capabilities.
- LiveDesktop – Aggregates your key social networks through one interface which has two modes: widget mode and full screen mode. It also includes a feature to broadcast a message to all your social networks, and improved security.
- LiveDesktop security - It will be possible to set up a password specifically to access it, meaning you won't have to log out of all your social networks in order to protect their information.