New in version 8.6
January 9th, 2014
- checking: Add "Accept" HTTP header. Closes: GH bug #395
- installer: Include missing logger classes for Windows and OSX installer. Closes: GH bug #448
New in version 8.5 (December 27th, 2013)
- checking: Make per-host connection limits configurable.
- checking: Avoid DoS in SSL certificate host matcher.
- checking: Always use the W3C validator to check HTML or CSS syntax.
- checking: Remove the http-wrong-redirect warning.
- checking: Remove the url-content-duplicate warning.
- checking: Make SSL certificate verification optional and allow
- user-specified certificate files.
- Closes: GH bug #387
- cmdline: Replace argument parsing. No changes in functionality, only
- the help text will be formatted different.
- gui: Check early if help files are not found.
- Closes: GH bug #437
- gui: Remember the last "Save result as" selection.
- Closes: GH bug #380
- checking: Apache Coyote (the HTTP server of Tomcat) sends the wrong
- Content-Type on HEAD requests. Automatically fallback to GET in this
- Closes: GH bug #414
- checking: Do not use GET on POST forms.
- Closes: GH bug #405
- scripts: Fix argument parsing in linkchecker-nagios
- Closes: GH bug #404
- installation: Fix building on OS X systems.
New in version 8.4 (January 26th, 2013)
- checking: Support URLs.
- logging: Sending SIGUSR1 signal prints the stack trace of all current running threads. This makes debugging deadlocks easier.
- gui: Support Drag-and-Drop of local files. If the local file is a LinkChecker project (.lcp) file it is loaded, else the check URL is set to the local file URL.
- checking: Increase per-host connection limits to speed up checking.
- checking: Fix a crash when closing a Word document after scanning failed. Closes: GH bug #369
- checking: Catch UnicodeError from idna.encode() fixing an internal error when trying to connect to certain invalid hostnames.
- checking: Always close HTTP connections without body content. See also http://bugs.python.org/issue16298 Closes: GH bug #376
New in version 8.3 (January 7th, 2013)
- Storing of ignore lines in the GUI configuration has been fixed.
- The project has moved to Github.
New in version 8.2 (November 10th, 2012)
- Anchor checking, cookie path matching, non-ASCII exception handling, and configuration directory creation on Windows systems have been fixed.
- Checking speed has been improved, and checking of local files included in online pages is now forbidden.
- The GUI documentation has also been improved.
New in version 8.0 (September 4th, 2012)
- SSL certificates for HTTPS connections are checked and verified now.
- Several checking bugs have also been fixed.
New in version 7.5 (February 14th, 2012)
- Support for loading and saving of project files has been added to the GUI.
- Some bugs have been fixed.
New in version 7.4 (January 8th, 2012)
- HTML5 link elements and attributes are now checked.
- Saving of result files in the GUI has been fixed.
New in version 7.3 (December 26th, 2011)
- The GUI option dialog has been redesigned and allows configuration of ignore URL patterns.
- Parsing of Safari Bookmark files has been added.
- Bugs were fixed for Unicode hostname parsing, GUI result file saving, and the command line script return code.