New in version 8.2
October 28th, 2014
- LinHES R8.2 brings updates to the kernel, system libraries, Service Menu options, MythTV 0.27.4, LinHES theme and many other parts of LinHES.
New in version 8.1 (December 20th, 2013)
- MythTV 0.27/fixes
- Removal of classic local website
- New stuff:
- Xymon alerts will appear on the console as well via osd
- New default LinHES Theme
New in version 8.0 (October 21st, 2013)
- i686 has been dropped, all packages are compiled for x86_64.
- Old nVidia drivers have been dropped. The current nVidia drivers support the 8xxxx series, gt2xx and later.
- xconfig.sh will no longer generate full xorg.conf files, instead it places snippets in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
- Fbsplash was removed and replaced with plymouth
- rrdstats was removed and replaced with xymon, which is part of supplemental web (installed by default)
- grub2 replaced grub
- tightvnc replaced by tigervnc
- Fluxbox has been replaced by enlightenment as the default window manager. set_windowmanager.sh may be used to restore fluxbox
- Remote selection was reorganized. Now there are 4 major types of classifications, which should make it easier to find more common remotes.
- Partition change, instead of 3 partitions there are now 7 for the main disk. Home and /data/srv/mysql are separate partitions. This will make updates even easier and help prevent system corruption due to a filled disk.
- The mount point for myth data has moved to /data/storage/disk0/media /myth is provided as a symlink for legacy purposes.
- Package cache has moved from the main drive to /data/storage/disk0/pacman/pkg
- Standalone system type has been dropped, because of network changes within MythTV it's no longer feasible.
- rc.conf was dropped, as it's no longer used for system configuration
- mythbackup/mythrestore have been replaced by lh_system_backup/lh_system_restore.
- Zoneminder/mythzoneminder are no longer half-implemented in the service menu.
- New stuff:
- Language selection screen during install
- Overall a better system integration, both as a standalone system and with remote frontends.
- Added a new OSD message subsystem. This stops messages from overlapping and should keep things looking more consistent.
- Added an option that will cause slave and frontend systems to wait for the masterbackend to become available. This is enabled by default.
- New version of add_storage. This is a program to make adding both new and old storage very simple. It asks a couple questions and takes care of the dirty work. Storage will be added to /data/storage/$drive_serialnumber
- NFS and Samba share definitions are auto generated. The share information is provided by add_storage.
- For first time setups autocard.py will detect tuner cards, create static dev nodes, and add them to mythtv. Cards detected include pvr-xxx, dvb cards, hdhomerun, ceton infinitv, hdpvr. For the ceton infinitv it's expected that the cards network is running at it's default values.
- Frontend system, will run /etc/X11/autostart when starting up regardless of the windowmanger selected. If you need to start custom things for X, this is the place to put it.
- vnc support was added for both the main display and running a seperate session. If enabled via the service menu the seperate session will be located at $ip:1 and the mirror of the main display will be $ip:2
- New website on the masterbackend. Things such as system health checks, backup/restore, updates, logs and much more can be found on the local website.
- Automated and install of a a self-signed SSL certificate
- Integrated channel change script for set top boxes. This script matches the transmitter # with the transmitter number in /etc/systemconfig. To use the new script with the first transmitter, enter "change_channel_wrapper.sh -n1 -c" as the tuner change channel script in mythtv-setup. Previous LinHES releases left all of this up to the end user.
- patched version of mythutils to save/restore/clone settings between systems.
- Options to mythbackend/mythfrontend can be added in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend or /etc/conf.d/mythfrontend. The startup scripts reference the MYTH_ARGS variable which is sourced from their respective file.
- Many more behind the scenes changes.
New in version 7.4 (August 10th, 2012)
- netcat added to repos
- Upgrade transmission-cli to it's current version
- MythTV 0.25.2
- Update HandBrake to 0.9.8