New in version 1.10.14
March 6th, 2015
- Fixes Github #134: Broken default news feed. (reported by pvdl)
- Fixes Github #133: Subscribe into TheOldReader categories
- Fixes Github #122: Crashes at launch, "segmentation fault" (reported by geoffm)
- Fixes some memory leaks (patch by Rich Coe)
- Fixes Github #145: Incorrect method triggered for 'Launch External' (patch by mozbugbox)
- Fixes Github #48: Window stays hidden on next start after Ctrl+W (reported by Jeff Fortin)
- Expose LifereaHtmlView to GObject Introspection (patch by mozbugbox)
- Improves Google Reader API error handling
- Now using HTTPS only when accessing TheOldReader
- Added LifereaNodeSourceActivatable interface to allow plugins implementing new node source types.
- Downgrade enclosure drop warning from Glib warning to debug trace.
New in version 1.10.12 (October 19th, 2014)
- Fixes Github #86: Support HTTP content negotiation (suggested by DanMan)
- Fixes Github #98: Stop calling Atom person constructs w/ URI invalid (patch by Aristotle Pagaltzis)
- Fixes Github #100: Problems with dark Adwaita theme in GTK 3.14 (reported by majutsushi)
New in version 1.10.11 (August 26th, 2014)
- Fixes Github #53: Doesn't automatically update feed name and favicon for new feed (reported by asl97)
- Fixes Github #67: Missing dist files for documentation (patch by Mikel Olasagasti)
- Updated French translation (Guillaume Bernard)
- Updated Hebrew translation (Genghis Khan)
New in version 1.10.9 (April 23rd, 2014)
- Fixes Github #19: non void function should return value (reported by kwm81)
- Fixes SF #1141: Liferea does not update feeds with TinyTinyRSS (reported by Dominik Grafenhofer, denk_mal, Fabian Henze)
- Fixes SF #1150: subscription prop/source: not all fields and buttons visible (reported by David Smith)
New in version 1.10.7 (March 18th, 2014)
- Make Liferea use ETags and send If-None-Match
New in version 1.10.6 (February 25th, 2014)
- Fixes SF #1135: liferea-add-feed doesn't process feed:https// (patch by Kevin Walke)
- Fixes SF #1137: crash on startup in enclosure_list_view_load (reported in Redhat #1048499, Fedora #214888)
New in version 1.10.5 (January 16th, 2014)
- This is a bug fix release.
New in version 1.10.4 (January 14th, 2014)
- Fixes SF #1123: Mistakenly claims "TinyTinyRSS source is not self-updating" (reported by Dominik Grafenhoher)
- Fixes SF #1119: Crash on font resize at startup. (reported by David Smith)
- Fixes #1117: Selecting last unread item in reduced feed list jumps to next feed (reported by Bruce Guenter)
- Updated Arabic translation (Khaled Hosny)
New in version 1.10.3 (October 9th, 2013)
- This version improves the TinyTinyRSS support.
- Liferea now supports nested categories when subscribed to TinyTinyRSS.
New in version 1.10.2 (September 6th, 2013)
- This is a bugfix release fixing tray icon minimizing.
- It also adds seeking to the media player.
- Please upgrade.
New in version 1.10.1a (July 29th, 2013)
- Liferea does not show a window (reported by genodeftest).
New in version 1.10.1 (July 29th, 2013)
- This release provides fixes for proxy issues, theme color issues, GStreamer 1.0 support, and some schema problems.
- This release introduces SOCKS proxy support through libproxy.
New in version 1.10.0 (July 11th, 2013)
- This version replaces the 1.8 line.
- It introduces TheOldReader synchronization support, item history navigation, the ability to convert an external source into a local subscription (e.g. to save your Google Reader items), a music player for attachments, GNOME keyring support, the usage of XDG compliant paths, improved link handling in context menus, a default view mode preference, a full screen option, better dark theme support, improved unread counter display, and many smaller improvements.
- Please note that it requires GTK+3.
New in version 1.8.15 (June 25th, 2013)
- This version fixed some bugs and backported the Google Reader migration feature introduced in 1.10.
- This allows you to convert your Google Reader subscription to local Liferea subscription, keeping all items downloaded so far.
- This migration will also work after Google Reader shuts down, as Liferea keeps a local cache of the Google Reader items.
New in version 1.10 RC4 (June 13th, 2013)
- This is another release candidate for 1.10 with several bugfix contributions.
- It also introduces a feature to convert Google Reader subscriptions to local feeds to allow everyone to keep their item history.
New in version 1.8.14 (May 23rd, 2013)
- Fixes SF #1069: broken rendering in tt-rss feeds (patch by Simon Kagedal Reimer)
New in version 1.10 RC3 (May 23rd, 2013)
- This is a bugfix release working around an XHTML issue in TinyTinyRSS support.
- It also bring some small usability improvements and updated translations.
- Please upgrade if you use TinyTinyRSS sync.
New in version 1.10 RC2 (May 13th, 2013)
- This is a bugfix release for the 1.10 release candidates.
- It fixes a major bug with the TinyTinyRSS suport and provides many updated translations.
New in version 1.10 RC1 (January 31st, 2013)
- Compared to the previous unstable release 1.9.7, it now provides a clean migration to GSettings, support for TinyTinyRSS 1.6, and an improved player plugin.
New in version 1.8.11 (December 25th, 2012)
- Added Google Plus to social bookmarking options.
- Fix for Debian #668197: x-www-browser preference not working (David Smith)
- Updated Hebrew translation (Genghis Khan, Yaron Sheffer)
- Fixes SF #1037: Incorrect notifications for Google Reader (patch by David Smith)
- Fixes SF #1048: Removed all feedvalidator.org references from FAQ and XSLT as it was reported to host malware.(reported by bkat)
New in version 1.8.10 (October 31st, 2012)
- This version fixes search folder counting and rebuilding, fixes a crash when removing nodes from Google Reader subscriptions, and prevents sorting feeds and adding unsupported node types to Google Reader subscriptions. Please upgrade!
New in version 1.6.8 / 1.8.9 / 1.9.7 (October 29th, 2012)
- This version introduces a new preference to set the default viewing mode (email, wide or 2pane), adds Google Chrome as a supported browser preference, and brings an overhaul of the search folder implementation to fix counting and rebuilding issues.
New in version 1.9.6 (October 10th, 2012)
- This version fixes mass downloading enclosures, introduces support for downloading using the steadyflow download manager, removes support for curl/wget, improves spacing of browser tab buttons, and prevents DnD problems with Google Reader.
New in version 1.8.9 (October 5th, 2012)
- This is a minor bugfix release.
New in version 1.6.8 / 1.8.8 / 1.9.5 (September 24th, 2012)
- This version migrates the current directory layout to XDG directories (.config/liferea, .cache/liferea, etc.).
- It drops libunique in favor of GtkApplication. GIR dependencies are now mandatory.
New in version 1.9.4 (August 25th, 2012)
- This version adds many bugfixes, drops GTK+2 support, and introduces plugin support, allowing simple extension of Liferea with GObject introspection.
- Using two simple plugins, it supports playing audio enclosures with GStreamer and storing passwords in GnomeKeyring.
New in version 1.8.6 (June 16th, 2012)
- This is a bugfix release addressing a DB WAL file growing issue and a visibility problem of the enclosure list view.
New in version 1.6.8 / 1.8.5 / 1.9.2 (April 17th, 2012)
- This version fixes building against libindicate, fixes visibility of search folders in reduced feed list mode, and reimplements feed title matching in search folders.
New in version 1.9.2 (March 26th, 2012)
- This release replaces the sqliteasync solution with sqlite3 3.7+ WAL journaling. This improves performance on ext4 significantly, but increases the chance of data loss a bit. Still this is a use case suggested by the sqlite documentation to ease write load.
New in version 1.9.0 (December 24th, 2011)
- This is the first release of the new unstable line focused on migrating to the GTK3/GNOME3 world.
- This is the first Liferea release that can be compiled against GTK2 as well as GTK3.
New in version 1.6.7 (November 29th, 2011)
- This bugfix release is due to a data loss bug of items in newsbins, lost when their parent items where deleted.
- It also fixes a comment items leak which might slow setups over time.
- Please upgrade to avoid loosing newsbin items.
New in version 1.8 RC2 (November 17th, 2011)
- This release candidate fixes a DnD segfault in the Google Reader support and a DB record leak in the comment handling.
- It also provides tons of new translations from translationproject.org.
New in version 1.8 RC1 (September 15th, 2011)
- Migrate cache directory to ~/.liferea_1.8
- Merges SF #3367900: Fixes memory allocation issues. (patch by doomkopf)
- Merges new default feedlist for European Portuguese (provided by Bruno Miguel)
- Fixes SF #3398789: Keeps marking read items as unread. (reported by naoliv)
- Updated manual page
New in version 1.6.5 (September 29th, 2010)
- Fixes SF #3067801: crash in enclosure handling (patch by Peter Oliver)
- Fixes Debian #593415: Seems to misidentify MIME type of some podcast enclosures (reported by Celejar)
- Fixes SF #3012833: Ctrl-A in url bar or a text box should select all text (reported by silly8888)
- Added Danish translation. (Joe Hansen)
- Added Galician translation. (Anxo Outeiral)
New in version 1.6.4 (July 1st, 2010)
- Fixes SF #2965158: Enclosures URLs with spaces do not work. (reported by Michael Novak)
- Added identi.ca bookmarking support. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes SF #2994622: Atom author URIs not markup escaped. (reported by Ricardo Cruz)
- Fixes SF #2901447: comma in link prevents launching browser (reported by Rafal Ochmanski)
- Removed the unused attention profile code. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes SF #3019939, Debian #586926: Broken Google Reader authentication. (Arnold Noronha)
- Updated Chinese/Simplified translation. (Aron Xu)
- Updated German translation. (Lars Lindner)
- Updated Italian translation. (Gianvito Cavasoli)
New in version 1.7.4 (February 16th, 2010)
- Merged patch that fixes LP #238958: always present window on current workspace if tray icon is clicked.
- Cleanup of default stylesheet. Removed used styles. (Lars Lindner)
- Permanently removed LUA scripting support. (Lars Lindner)
- Added more default feeds to be not so open source specific. (Lars Lindner)
- Require libsoup >= 2.28.2 to avoid bugs in older versions. (Adrian Bunk)
- Updated Spanish translation. (Rodrigo Gallardo)
New in version 1.6.2 (January 22nd, 2010)
- Fixes SF #2907915: gdk_draw_pixbuf width/height ordering (patch by Eric Work)
- Fixes Debian 560201: Liferea doesn't remember font size (reported by Willi Mann)
- Fixes SF #2872001: Allowing compilation against NetworkManager 0.8 which decided to force 100000 packages out there to support both "libnm-glib" and "libnm_glib". (reported by Michal Nowak)
- Fixes an RSS 1.1 parsing bug that caused items not to be parsed at all (reported by Roberto Guido)
- Fixes SF #2883971: proxy authentication doesn't work (reported by Louis White and others)
- Updated Catalan translation. (Gil Forcada)
New in version 1.6.0 RC6 (June 23rd, 2009)
- Updated the example feeds. (Adrian Bunk)
- Updated the social bookmarking sites. (Adrian Bunk)
- Added Twitter Search support. (Adrian Bunk)
- Added Identi.ca Search support. (Adrian Bunk)
- Support non-RFC822 alphabetic timezones. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fix favicon downloads when the feed contains a link with leading or trailing whitespace. (Adrian Bunk and Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes comment feed hiding when comment feed is disabled. (Lars Lindner)
- Don't use the deprecated soup_message_headers_get() function. (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- More consistent tab label widths. (Adrian Bunk and Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Avoid having loading of other tabs cancelled when opening a new tab. (Adrian Bunk)
- Resurrected the Albanian, Bulgarian, Chinese/Simplified, Chinese/Traditional, Dutch, Finnish, Korean, Macedonian and Romanian translations from older Liferea versions. (Adrian Bunk)
- Update of Japanese translation (Takeshi AIHANA)
- Update of French translation (Vincent Lefevre)
New in version 1.6.0 RC5 (June 14th, 2009)
- Avoid "forgetting" the reduced feed list setting on shutdown. (suggested by Mathie Leplatre, Lars Lindner)
- Open the "Decrease/Increase Text Size" menu instead of the normal link menu on special links. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes SF #2801691: Strip whitespace before URLs. (Adrian Bunk)
- Allow the enabling of WebKit plugins. (Adrian Bunk)
- Don't allow updating a feed when offline. (Adrian Bunk)
- Update German documentation translation. (Lars Lindner)
New in version 1.6.0 RC4 (June 6th, 2009)
- Fixes unnecessary comment feed updates when comment feeds are disabled for a subscription. (Lars Lindner)
- Disable the Attention Profile due to performance problems. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes invisible search result list when searching items right after startup without any feed list selection. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes comment feeds. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes the handling of high priority updates. (Adrian Bunk)
- Download new subscriptions with high priority. (Adrian Bunk)
- Download favicons with high priority. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes SF #2798467, LP #381406: Toplevel menus with same accelerator key. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes enclosure download error handling. (Adrian Bunk)
- Remove dead Feedster from link cosmos search options. (Adrian Bunk)
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese translation. (Leon Nardella)
- Updated Italian translation. (Gianvito Cavasoli)
- Updated Portuguese translation. (António Lima)
New in version 1.6.0 RC3 (May 30th, 2009)
- Fixes SF #2785753: Don't search all links during feed auto discovery. (Adrian Bunk, reported by Vadim Peretokin)
- Fixes a bug that prevented updating of feeds after other feeds had been removed. (Adrian Bunk)
- Don't open iframes in an external browser. (Gustavo Noronha and Adrian Bunk, reported by Vadim Peretokin)
- Updated French translation. (Vincent Lefevre)
New in version 1.6.0 RC1 (May 4th, 2009)
- Fixes crash when switching view mode when search result is visible. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes the opening in a new Mozilla window. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes OPML source import problem. Feeds were not added below the OPML source root node, but below it. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes tab zooming which didn't work from the main menu. (Lars Lindner, reported by Leon Nardella)
- Fixes the handling of feeds which provide empty GUIDs. (patch from andoo)
- Improves timestamp handling in GtkTreeView sorting by using 64bit to cover 64bit time_t platforms. (patch by Matthias Drochner)
- Fixes link display in status bar for browser tabs. (Lars Lindner, reported by Leon Nardella)
- Fixes Ctrl++ zooming hotkey for keyboard layouts where + and = sign are on the same key. (patch by Leon Nardella)
- Correctly quoting the URL in liferea-add-feed to avoid problems with spaces in URLs. (suggested by kalikiana)
- Fixes broken enclosure auto-download. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes LP #312128: Cache path in manpage. (Lars Lindner)
- Switch to ~/.liferea_1.6 (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes Debian #471346: Don't refer to the wrong dir after migration. (Adrian Bunk)
- Remove the node when the import of an OPML feedlist failed. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes SF #2781799: Configured proxy was not used. (Lars Lindner and Adrian Bunk)
- Add --version command line option (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes feeds loosing the title on repeated auto-discovery. (Lars Lindner)
- Remove unnecessary timeout for GoogleSource quick updates.
- Also ensures you don't have to wait for long after a suspend-resume to see updates. (Arnold Noronha)
- Check if an update request has been successfully created before queuing it (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes a broken feed update interval setting. (Adrian Bunk)
- Update of Italian translation. (Gianvito Cavasoli)
New in version 1.5.15 (March 30th, 2009)
- Fix folders unread count not updated when dragging feeds away from them. (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Significant improvements in performance while updating an item in the DB. (Arnold Noronha)
- Require sqlite 3.6.10 for the above change.
- Fixed a seemingly "random" ordering of feeds in the Reduced Feed List mode. (Arnold Noronha)
- Add proxy support to the htmlview. Require WebKit 1.1.1.
- Fix location bar in tabs changing incorrectly with things like adds or forms. (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Check if parsing the Last-Modified header worked before using it. (Gustavo Noronha Silva)
- Fix links with target="_blank" not being opened. (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes warnings in reduced feed list. Fixes right click changing the selection in reduced feed list. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes Debian #471011: "New Subscription..." button in toolbar disabled on startup. (Lars Lindner)
- Reduce the usage of deprecated Gtk+ APIs; we now require Gtk+ >= 2.16. (Adrian Bunk)
- Always escape the , character for external browsers. (Adrian Bunk)
- Remove the support for the long-dead Netscape browser as external browser. (Adrian Bunk)
- Passing online state change to HTML rendering widget. (Lars Lindner)
- Require libsoup >= 2.26 since ths version fixes a bug affecting Liferea. (Adrian Bunk)
- Update translations from the 1.4 branch. (Adrian Bunk)
- New Italian translation. (Gianvito Cavasoli)
- Added Italian default feed list. (Gianvito Cavasoli)
- Update of German translation. (Christian Dywan)
- Update of German translation. (Robin Stocker)
- Fixes SF #2593803: Update of Arabic translation. (Khaled Hosny)
New in version 1.5.14 (March 15th, 2009)
- This release migrates the networking code from libcurl to libsoup and fixes a DB problem during startup which was introduced in 1.5.13.
New in version 1.4.27 (March 14th, 2009)
- Update of Slovak translation (Pavol Klacanski)
- Fixes SF #2537587: Changes XulRunner detection to work on some odd Debian setups (suggested by Vincent Lefevre)
- Fixes SF #2579914: Mozilla plugin doesn't compile, by not calling gtk_moz_embed_set_comp_path() anymore. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes SF #2685494: Merge example feeds from trunk. (Adrian Bunk)
New in version 1.5.13 (March 13th, 2009)
New in version 1.5.12 (March 6th, 2009)
- This release disables a workaround that reduced the amount of data lost in a case that shouldn't happen at all.
- If you discover any case where changes you made are lost after restarting Liferea, please report this immediately.
New in version 1.5.11 (February 28th, 2009)
- This is an unstable release that adds GeoRSS rendering and fixes several bugs.
New in version 1.4.26 (February 21st, 2009)
- Fixes SF #2570424: Fix build with --disable-gecko.
New in version 1.4.25 (February 20th, 2009)
- Fixes SF #2570424: Possible recursive C++ build dependency problem. (patch by Hubert Figuiere)
- Update of Japanese translation (Takeshi AIHANA)
- Update of Arabic translation. (Khaled Hosny)
New in version 1.5.10 (February 19th, 2009)
- When compiled with NetworkManager support, network_set_online(TRUE) if NetworkManager is not available. (Adrian Bunk)
- Fixes missing unread count for nodes in the feed list. (Lars Lindner)
- Fixes assertion when editing rules of existing search folders. (Lars Lindner)
- Don't add actions to notifications popups if the notification daemon doesn't implement them. Launchpad #328606 (Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes a tarball build error. (Lars Lindner)
New in version 1.4.24 (February 1st, 2009)
- Flash is now stripped from feed content by default.
- Miscellaneous small fixes were made.
New in version 1.5.8 (January 23rd, 2009)
- Fixes missing CSS when running with WebKit > 1.02.
- Fixes issue preventing feeds being dropped into folders.
- Fixes a problem with updated item descriptions that are shorter than the previous ones (those were incorrectly dropped). Now an updated description is always used. (reported by Arnold Noronha)
- Fixes broken subscription authentication dialog.
- Fixes SF #2423648: Google Reader subscription doesn't work when password has & in it. (reported by Martin Mueller)
- Fixes image handling in the gravatar support. Avoids including images twice now. (reported by Arnold Noronha)
- Fixes missing feed list save after removing feed list elements.
- Fixes bug that converted search folders to useless nodes. (reported by Leon Nardella)
- Fixes news bin creation dialog problems. (reported by Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
- Fixes non-standard options in tray icon menu. (patch by Emilio Pozuelo Monfort)
New in version 1.5.7 (January 6th, 2009)
- Changes optional dependency on WebKit to mandatory one. (suggested by Leon Nardella)
- Webkit support is not a plugin anymore.
- Fixes title not showing in search folder properties.
- Fixes trace warning about unknown metadata type "related".
- Fixes double edge shadows for the HTML view panes. (patch by Kai Willadsen)
- Fixes broken "Start In Tray" preference option which was not connected to signal handler. (patch by Kai Willadsen)
- Changes initial window state from iconified to hidden when "Start in Tray" preference is enabled. (patch by Kai Willadsen)
- Fixes short period with wrong window size and position during startup. (patch by Kai Willadsen)
- Fixes temporarily missing subscriptions in Google Reader subscriptions due to a subscription cleanup. (reported by Arnold Noronha)
- Fixes loosing items of newly added Google Reader subscriptions. (Arnold Noronha)
- Fixes bug that prevented creating folders (reported by Arnold Noronha)
- Using GTK stock icons for connect/disconnect button. Removing previous icons from package.
- Fixes cross compilation issue with configure.ac using AC_CANONICAL_TARGET instead of AC_CANONICAL_HOST (patch by Diego E. Petteno)
- Adapted Webkit support for new "title-changed" signature. Tested with Webkit v1.02
New in version 1.5.6 (December 27th, 2008)
- New feed property that disables loading comments. (patch by Maik Zumstrull)
- The LUA scripting support now exposes a global variable "calling_hook" to determine which script hook was triggered. (patch by Rene Koecher)
- Fixed problem of some feed links not clickable when using WebKit for HTML rendering (Lars Strojny)
- Dropped Mozilla/Gecko/XulRunner support.
- Dropped GtkHTML2 support.
- Only supported HTML renderer is now WebKit.
- Updated Czech translation (Martin Picek)
New in version 1.4.23 (December 27th, 2008)
- This release fixes an unsubstituted variable in start script.
- It fixes Debian #494741: a crash on exit after closing the update monitor dialog with Esc.
New in version 1.4.22d (December 11th, 2008)
- This release fixes a DB migration issue and makes compilation against XulRunner 1.9 easier.
New in version 1.4.22b (November 12th, 2008)
- Fixes a DB migration issue that might occur when upgrading from schema version < 5 to 7. (patch by Thomas B)
- New M4 macro for Gecko detection derived from Yelp. This should improve compilation against XulRunner 1.9 on Debian.
- Removes gray colouring of updated item titles. This often confused users to believe the item state was unread.
- Fixes for French translation (Vincent Lefevre)
New in version 1.4.20 (September 29th, 2008)
- Fixes SF #2042420: "Toggle Read Status" item list popup menu option (reported by Jeff Fortin)
- Fixes SF #2027445: Incorrect invalid encoding errors. (reported by Roman Beslik)
- Fixes "lost" views. View in the cache database that are not used anymore will be dropped on startup.
- Added new Slovakian translation (Pavol Klacansky)
New in version 1.4.19 (September 4th, 2008)
- Fixes a cache limit bug when merging items of feeds with more items than the cache allows. (reported by Dennis Nezic)
- Fixes po/LINGUAS which missed "hu".
- Fixes a bug introduced with 1.4.18 which caused news bins to drop everything on startup. (reported by tsukasa)
- Workaround for SF #1995329: Next-Unread item selection doesn't always work (reported by several users).
- Removing broken 'updated' state handling. Manually resetting update states didn't work persistently. Also many users confused the 'updated' flag with the read status.
- Added pownce.com social bookmarking support. (patch by zodmaner, SF #2090554)
New in version 1.5.5 (September 4th, 2008)
- Raises glib dependency to 2.16
- Improvements to Google Reader support (Arnold Noronha)
- Fixes the favicon column display for Google Reader and Bloglines subscriptions.
- Fixes expansion state saving for Google Reader and Bloglines subscriptions.