November 28th, 2011
· For Web services, secure password storage is one of the most important protections of its users after a successful break-in, with mature frameworks allowing you to do it properly.
· The new UPWCrypt component in this release fills this niche for portable stand-alone network daemons, written in C, that need to authenticate users.
· It is specialized to using an implementation of the OpenBSD bcrypt algorithm (type $2a$ hashes), which means UPWCrypt is able to provide a very simple API.
· Also, this release contains a few maintenance fixes in the build system and documentation.
March 16th, 2011
· This maintenance release updates and fixes small parts of LibUtillery's 3rd party components.
June 5th, 2009
· Miscellaneous documentation improvements and fixes.
· Fix a cross-compilation issue both in the build system and libutillery.m4.
April 17th, 2009
· New component: UFile - convenience functions for reading files, and simple means to handle generic text files and line contents.
· New UCompat functions: ucompat_vis(), ucompat_strvis(), ucompat_strnvis(), ucompat_strvisx(), ucompat_unvis(), ucompat_strunvis() and ucompat_strnunvis().
· In ULog, vis()ually encode log messages where necessary. This makes it possible (and safe) to log arbitrary content up to the message size limit.
· Fix a couple of LibUtillery's error messages.