New in version 1.4.16
September 30th, 2015
- FEATURE: Added possibility to translate account descriptions (ErikH)
- Fixed shell environment being clobbered when loading schema (GH #813) (ErikH)
- Fixed FX handling in payment bulk posting workflow (GH #758)
- Removed unused Net::TCLink dependency and POS code (ErikH)
- Update schema documentation files in doc/database/ (ErikH)
- Failure to open HR/Employee screen (ChrisT)
- Failure to save user preferences (ErikH)
- Tax module 'Rounded' offered, but not available (ErikH)
- Single-payment screen doesn't collapse details divs on open (ErikH)
New in version 1.4.15 (September 17th, 2015)
- Fix printing invoices and orders under Starman (GH 736) (ErikH)
- Fix payroll deduction types report failing to load (GH 740) (ChrisT)
- Fix absolute URLs interacting badly with reverse-proxy (GH 730) (ErikH)
- Fix printing of payments (GH 733) (JohnL)
- Fix deletion of reporting unit class (SF 1378) (ErikH)
- Fix warnings in webserver logs on contact screen/search (ErikH)
- Fix false values of social security/tax id number for employee (Chris T)
- Fix errors in upload of GL and inventory CSVs (ErikH)
- Fix trial balance not respecting filters (ErikH)
- Fix SQL for listing of locations and contacts of Persons (ErikH)
- Remove some debug output in error logs (ErikH)
New in version 1.4.14 (August 17th, 2015)
- This marks an incremental, bugfix release for the 1.4 series, and corrects a number of problems with the employee/user workflow. Anyone using LedgerSMB 1.4 in a multi-user environment should probably upgrade as soon as possible. A number of other fixes were made in relation to Starman usage and a few in areas relating to application setup.
New in version 1.4.12 (June 24th, 2015)
- This release corrects an issue introduced by an earlier bugfix where users permissions can not be rese from the front-end properly. This affects at least 1.4.10 and 1.4.11.
New in version 1.4.11 (April 29th, 2015)
- This release corrects some issues with the usability of the Malay translation, and many more. Of particular note, we fixed a number of issues with password special character handling and added the ability to delete account headings. Some of these bugs we fixed make some work flows more error prone and we would recommend that 1.4 users upgrade as soon as convenient.
New in version 184.108.40.206 (January 18th, 2015)
- This includes a significant number of bug fixes, but also adds a complete Malay translation for the software. In general, we're getting to the point here where it is worth upgrading for the bug fixes or the translation.
New in version 1.4.10 (January 18th, 2015)
- Note: Corrected version numbers in 220.127.116.11, 1.4.10 had 1.4.9 as version
- Malay translation added (Kaiser F, and others)
- Fixed 1292, some template editing scripts linked to wrong mod (Chris T)
- Fixed 1290, payment/receipt screen options never show (Chris T)
- Fixed 1291, cannot change customer/vendor on orders/quotes (Chris T)
- Cleaned up logs a little (Chris T)
- Fixed 1294, cannot change parts description or price on inv. (Chris T)
- Fixed 1298, upgrade does not create ar.setting_sequence (Chris T)
- Fixed 1304.1, removed check printing from invoices (Chris T)
- Fixed join issue for GL drafts showing wrong amt (Chris T)
- Fixed 1304.2, pay to name not used in single payment (Chris T)
- Fixed 1314, download link files attached to ECA and entity broken (Erik H)
- Fixed column names in ECA/entity linked files tables (John L)
- Fixed headers indistinguishable from accounts in CoA for some CSS (Erik H)
- Fixed 404 on invoice link from AR/AP aging reports details view (Erik H)
- Fixed html in fixed assets screens (Erik H)
New in version 1.4.9 (December 6th, 2014)
- As expected there was an issue with 1.4.8. This is unusual for us but given what the changes in 1.4.8 corrected, it was important that they were fixed. Unfortunately the regression posed significant issues so we did an emergency release here.
- In 1.4.8 we advised peopel only to upgrade if they were affected by the bugs listed. We now have confidence that the changes are stable on 1.4.9. It is a better time to upgrade but if you want to be cautious, feel free to wait for 1.4.10.
New in version 1.4.7 (November 28th, 2014)
- This release brings the ability to store templates formatted differently for different languages in the database, corrects display issues on the Income Statement, adds client-side validation to contact forms for easier use, and fixes a couple of minor other errors. The complete changelog is below. Users should probably consider upgrading in the near future if they use the built-in profit and loss reports.
New in version 1.4.5 (October 31st, 2014)
- Fixed bug 1245, print and email buttons lost after email invoice (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1246, entity-level addresses do not show on invoice (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1244, manually entered tax crashes invoice on edit (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1253, report pdfs redirect to port 80 (Chris T)
- Fixed internal server error on single payment interface (Chris T)
- Adding tax_id hidden field to order and offer forms to be able to include it on tex templates (Pongracz I)
- Fixed bug 1195, goods and services w/invoice search useless (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1247, cannot save shipping record (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1255, no such function timecard__report (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1256, No such function: inventory_get_item_at_day (Chris T)
New in version 1.4.4 (October 17th, 2014)
- Fixed bug 1225 error saving order/quote for natural persons (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1235, natural persons' orders not on report (Chris T)
- Fixed bug, insufficient perms on account_checkpoint_id_seq (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1238, web services do not run on starman (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1233, insufficient error handling with templates (Chris T)
- Added Product Receipt templates for printing vendor invoices (Chris T)
- (Bug Report 1229), added ID card and birthdate tracking (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1234, trying to save user before employee thows error (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1239, reopening on previous close throws error (Chris T)
- Fixed upgrade bug, referential errors upgrading 1.2 data (Chris T)
- Fixed bug 1243, dd.mm.yyyy formats don't work (Chris T)
- Quieted some test cases (Chris T)
New in version 1.4.3 (October 6th, 2014)
- There is a significant problem fixed here which everyone should be aware of. The currency formatting settings moved from per installation to per-company, but the sales tax calculations used the old location and therefore rounded off to the nearest whole currency. This only affected users of 1.4.0 - 1.4.2.
New in version 1.4.2 (September 29th, 2014)
- In response to a problem found with batch processing in 1.4 and confirmed in 1.3, we have gone ahead and released 1.3.44 a bit early and with a fairly small changelog. Especially if you use batch processing on 1.3 you should upgrade. Long-time users may not notice the problem on older, upgraded databases, but with newer databases, the batch locks may lock users out of the software.
New in version 1.4.0 (September 15th, 2014)
- General Enhancements:
- Performance enhancements on menu routines (Chris T and Steven M)
- Added +/- selection indicators to menu CSS
- Changing all auth calls to hit postgres db instead of template1
- invoice.unit is now unbounded varchar to reduce errors (Chris T, 3516235)
- Invoices with inventory subject to draft/vouchers workflows
- Added Equity (Temp) account type, closed at year-end
- Added description field to transaction and invoice screens
- Removed ability to repost/delete transactions
- Partsgroups can now be nested though this is not yet used by LSMB
- Timecard system generalized to allow labor and materials cards too
- Can now print envelopes or shipping labels from many screens
- Can now select default formats for printed invoices
- Shipvia is now a text area.
- Descriptions can now be locked on invoices and orders
- Reconciliation reports can now be rejected (Chris T, 855)
- Added rounding tax module (Chris T, related to bug report 878)
- SQL files placed in sql/on_load/ now run on creation/upgrade of db
- Enhancing Security Structure:
- Session expiration now with configurable behavior
- Templates for user documents (like invoices) now stored in the db
- New Roles.sql file can be reloaded without prepocessing
- New Roles.sql file leaves no errors on success
- Removed public grants, using a base user instead
- Enhancing data integrity:
- No longer allow NULL amounts in acc_trans
- Control Code Series System:
- Covers invoices, orders, transactions, parts, and business units
- Have many different series for the same field (i.e. several series of
- Each can set whether it overrides user input.
- PostgreSQL contrib dependencies removed, now require Pg 8.4
- LaTeX format detection now run-time call, not configured
- configure_apache.sh: Add search for apache user & config path
- Do not overwrite ledgersmb-httpd.conf without warning (Havard S)
- Validation of database schema load processes in setup.pl
- Code/API improvements:
- scripts/files moved to make inheritance possible
- Removed the Config::Std dependency and moved to Config::General
- Improved error handling using Try::Tiny and die
- Added "dynatable.html" template that can be included in templates
- Dynatable forms obtained through GET now show link back to form
- LedgerSMB->error and Form->error now show db version and company
- Simpler use of Log::Log4perl instead of LedgerSMB::Log
- Centralized database commit for new code
- Plugin model for Contact management screen
- Refactored setup.pl for easier management and customization
- New RESTful Web Services Framework:
- Supports XML and JSON as input formats
- Supports XML and JSON as output formats
- Supports read/write for Contacts:
- New Reporting Framework:
- Easy bridge between SQL and display
- All reports exportable to CSV
- All reports exportable to PDF
- Unified UI for reports
- Enhanced trial balance allows for partial trial balance
- Enhanced trial balance allows for saved criteria
- New income-statement-like reports for customers and products
- New income-statement-like reports for invoices
- Customer/Vendor/Employee Handling and CRM:
- Added sales tax id and license number fields for companies
- Simpified database schema
- Full text search of notes for customers/vendors
- Added file attachments to customers, vendors, employees, leads etc
- Added lead handling
- New CSV Import Module:
- Imports GL transactions
- Imports AP batches
- Imports charts of accounts entries
- Imports GIFI tables
- Imports SIC tables
- Imports timecards
- Imports initial inventory and periodic counts
- field maps can be overridden
- New Business Reporting Unit System:
- Replaces Projects and Departments
- Business reporting units may be nested
- Allows one to do funds accounting, track jobs separately from projects, etc
- Report on any combination of business reporting units (up to one per class)
New in version 1.4.0 Beta 5 (February 13th, 2014)
- This version fixed a number of reporting issues and provided better support for invoice templates in the database.
- A significant number of issues have been fixed.
New in version 1.4.0 Beta 4 (January 21st, 2014)
- This version moves reports to the new reporting framework and adds Dojo-based widgets.
New in version 1.3.36 (January 16th, 2014)
- Set default date for AP invoice creation to current date (Chris T)
- Removed "apply discount" from use overpayment screen (Chris T)
- Fixed tax checkbox problem when one tax id includes another (Chris T)
- Fixed update forgetting creditor (Nick P)
- Fixed invoices rounding and printing differently (Giovanni B)
- Deleted broken pricematrix check on existing rows in POS (Chris T)
- Fixing manually entered tax amounts ignored printing invoice (Chris T, 864)
- Fixing deleting gl draft via gl screen fails (Chris T, 871)
- Fixing receipts listing "to pay" for amount (Chris T, 892)
- Setting->get() now works with named keys (Chris T)
- nginx sample configurations (P. Istvan)
- Fixed unable to delete ar vouchers (Chris T)
- Fixed copy to new scrambling lines (Chris T, 923)
- Fixed improper account line handling in ar/ap trans. (Chris T, 923)
New in version 1.3.32 (May 17th, 2013)
- This version corrects a number of issues including an issue with reconciliation database updates not loading.
- It also added the ability to re-open books at a certain date, and fixed a number of other minor bugs.
New in version 1.3.29 / 1.4.0 Beta 2 (January 24th, 2013)
- This version tightens rules regarding when payments count towards a credit limit, and adds a significant number of less important fixes.
- It also includes a number of additional hooks for CSS positioning in some screens.
New in version 1.4.0 Beta 2 (December 29th, 2012)
- Compared to beta 1, this release features improvements in sales/purchase order searches, consolidation, generation, and fixes for batch creation, searching, and approval, and much more.
- Compared to 1.3, this includes a very large number of enhancements in many areas.
New in version 1.3.26 (December 27th, 2012)
- This version includes a number of minor bugfixes and a couple of usability enhancements to the upgrade utilities.
- These are mostly minor bugfixes, as well as a few very minor usability enhancements.
New in version 1.4 Beta 1 (December 17th, 2012)
- This version has a huge number of enhancements over 1.3, including a new reporting framework, a framework for payroll code, many enhancements in project/department handling, the possibility of use for funds accounting, basic (minimal) CRM functionality, and more.
New in version 1.3.25 (December 13th, 2012)
- This version fixes a number of plack/fcgi-related bugs, the leaderhead not being populated with invoices directly mailed out, internal server errors generated when invalid tax configurations were set, non-zero terms of sales and purchase orders not being respected, and a number of less significant issues.
New in version 1.3.24 (December 11th, 2012)
- This version restores the credit limit calculation on the invoice and order screens, corrects errors on reconciling negative amounts, and removes unapproved transactions from aging reports.
- The setup.pl database setup utility was improved, and there were a number of other minor bugfixes.
New in version 1.3.23 (December 10th, 2012)
- This version provides the beginnings of experimental support for Plack/Starlet environments and fixes a number of relatively minor bugs.
New in version 1.3.21 (August 2nd, 2012)
- This version includes a significant number of bugfixes, one security-related fix against a denial of service attack (CVE not yet assigned), and a number of other bugfixes.
- The security fix is available by emailing the authors independent of this release.
- It also includes a couple of minor changes aimed at reducing human error.
New in version 1.3.20 (July 19th, 2012)
- This version adds an updated es_AR translation, better handling of paragraph breaks in the demo templates, and a few UI fixes.
New in version 1.3.20 RC1 (July 17th, 2012)
- This release candidate includes an updated es_AR translation, better handling of paragraph breaks in the demo templates, and a few UI fixes.
New in version 1.3.12 (March 10th, 2012)
- This version corrects some permissions issues, including permissions with the fixed assets module.
New in version 1.3.9 (December 16th, 2011)
- This version corrects omissions made to 1099 printing (both MISC and INT forms are supported).
- It includes more localization fixes, better error handling when databases are set up, and other fixes.
New in version 1.3.9 RC1 (December 13th, 2011)
- 1099-MISC and 1099-INT printing were fixed.
- Year/month drop-down handling in the payments report was fixed.
- Some logging enhancements and localisation fixes were included.
New in version 1.3.8 RC1 (December 6th, 2011)
- This version corrects a number of bugs in error handling, file attachments to quotations, and more.
- A few enhancements were made in logging and configuration.
- This is a release candidate and should not be used in production.
New in version 1.3.7 (December 1st, 2011)
- This version corrects a number of significant bugs, including issues with the built-in backup tools running with insufficient permissions, parse errors in the POS invoice template, and issues with overinclusive filtering of customer/vendor lists.
- Default languages for invoices can now be set, and there are some improvements in logging.
New in version 1.3.7 RC1 (November 29th, 2011)
- This version corrects a number of significant bugs with the customer/vendor view of the pricelist, posting recurring transactions with some date formats, and the bundled backup tools.
- There were also many other fixes and a few logging enhancements.
New in version 1.3.6 RC1 (November 22nd, 2011)
- This version corrects a significant number of bugs, including a couple of permissions issues and an inability to select the language when emailing invoices as attachments.
- Also included are a couple of minor enhancements, including demo templates for xelatex (which can be used in place of pdflatex for some users) and some logging improvements.
New in version 1.3.3 (November 1st, 2011)
- This version corrects a number of bugs, including internal server errors when certain new versions of some dependencies are used.
- Additionally, it corrects a bug which caused deletion of unapproved AR/AP transactions to fail, and a number of internationalization issues.
- Tax rates for new databases using the Norwegian chart of accounts templates have been updated.
New in version 1.4 Snapshot 20111026 (October 27th, 2011)
- This version added number handling for future framework features, a namespace for global objects, and fine-tuned the database and date handling routines.
New in version 1.3.2 (October 25th, 2011)
- Fixes include changes for bugs when suexec is used, a cleanup of UI glitches, and a few fixes to and better documentation for translation files.
New in version 1.4 Snapshot 20111019 (October 20th, 2011)
- This includes initial drafts of database improvements, and improvements for date localization.
New in version 1.4 Snapshot 20111012 (October 13th, 2011)
- A better database schema for financial transactions.
- Workflow scripts can inherit other workflow scripts.
- No longer depends on PostgreSQL contrib modules.
- Requires PostgreSQL 8.4.
- As a development snapshot, this has known issues and is not guaranteed to work.
- In fact, this snapshot probably won't do much of interest because the financial schema has changed out from under the application.
- However, it may be of interest to developers looking to see where the project is headed.
New in version 1.3.0 RC4 (October 2nd, 2011)
- It corrects a few issues with batch processing logic for AR and AP transactions, and an issue with GL draft transactions.
- It also corrects a substantial issue with the AR outstanding report (which also affects the AP Outstanding Report under more limited circumstances).
New in version 1.2.25 RC1 (August 22nd, 2011)
- This release fixes an SQL injection issue. Users are advised to download and put this version into production as soon as possible.
New in version 1.3.0 Build 20110816 (August 18th, 2011)
- This is likely the final snapshot before 1.3.0 RC1.
- It corrects a number minor enhancements in contact management, and has minor bugfixes in receipt handling and recurring transactions.
- It also provides a working database setup wizard, though this wizard is not currently capable of upgrading a database from a previous version.
- This version contains a few minor known bugs.
New in version 1.3.0 Build 20110803 (August 4th, 2011)
- This version added fully working file attachment handling and fixed a number of bugs, including some in recurring transactions and user management.
- The project is now in feature freeze pending an RC1 release.
New in version 1.3.0 Build 20110716 (July 19th, 2011)
- This development release includes a number of fixes to fixed asset management (mostly in terms of roles and menu items), and largely working migration scripts (does not currently migrate manual translations).
- As a development snapshot this has known bugs and issues, but should be largely working on install.
- The LedgerSMB Web site is temporarily down due to a botched DNS migration on the part of its registrar.
New in version 1.3.0 Build 20110701 (July 3rd, 2011)
- Compared to the previous snapshot, corrects issues with 1099 reports, printing issues, user management issues, issues saving settings, and many more.
New in version 1.2.22 (June 13th, 2011)
- Corrected a number of templates with HTML issues (Luke)
- AR/AP Aging Report fixed, ignores payment after report date (Chris T)
- Minor documentation updates (Chris T)
- Fixed bug saving SIC (Adam T)
New in version 1.2.21 (March 18th, 2010)
- Corrected a number of templates with HTML issues (Luke)
- AR/AP Aging Report fixed, ignores payment after report date (Chris T)
- Minor documentation updates (Chris T)
- Fixed bug saving SIC (Adam T)
New in version 1.2.18 / 1.3 Milestone 2 (March 25th, 2009)
- Corrected httpd configuration bit. (Roderick Anderson)
- COGS fix for return handling (Sadashiva and Chris T)
- Cumulative tax handling fix for Quebec users (Jerome Oufella)
New in version 1.2.15 / 1.3 Milestone 2 (September 12th, 2008)
- This release corrects major issues with denial of service issues and an SQL injection issue.
- It also corrects some issues with the price matrix logic.