New in version 5.0.3 Beta 1
January 20th, 2014
- Bering-uClibc-5.0.3-beta1 provides updates for the kernel, tor, openssl, minicom, samba, pcre, ddclient and usb-modeswitch-data to latest upstream versions.
- Newly build openssl enables thread support and improvements for x86_64 platform.
- dropbear enables sha2_256, sha2_512, AES128 and ECC (elliptic curve) support.
- A new package batctl is available to start support for open mesh networks. smartmon and ppp-hsh has received small fixes.
New in version 5.0.2 Beta 1 (September 27th, 2013)
- This beta version provides a major fix for an issue where the standard editor showed garbage on x86_64 images.
- A new boot logo (including CLI access and hardware tests during boot) has been added for ISO images.
- Of the usual package and kernel updates, the update of libusb (and addition of a libusb-compat package for packages relying on the old version) is the most visible one.
New in version 5.0.1 RC1 (August 14th, 2013)
- This release candidate provides a minor kernel update, and a few more packages have been updated to their latest upstream versions.
New in version 5.0.1 Beta 1 (July 26th, 2013)
- Bering-uClibc-5.0.1-beta1 provides major package updates, a kernel update to 3.4.53, a few fixes, minor improvements for the toolchain, and two new packages to support wireless Internet connections.
- A probably more important change of the packages will be the move from libnl to libnl3.
- Packages affected are hostapd, ipvsadm, keepalived, and kismet.
New in version 5.0 (June 17th, 2013)
- Changes from 5.0 release candidate 1 include updated packages, a minor kernel update, and new packages for iscsi and lua.
New in version 5.0 RC1 (May 29th, 2013)
- The 5.0 release candidate provides package and kernel updates as well as bugfixes (especially regarding updatetime and web configuration).
New in version 5.0 Beta 2 (April 29th, 2013)
- This version is based on a recent kernel with longterm support (3.4.x), supports X86 CPUs (with 32-bit and 64-bit images), and starts to provide support for other CPU architectures.
- A basic ARM version and Raspberry Pi support are available in the repositories.
- Some packages has been moved into the core, and most others have been updated to their latest upstream version.
New in version 4.3.4 (March 28th, 2013)
- This is a maintenance release providing fixes for OpenSSL.
- It adds more SUN ethernet drivers and package updates for Quagga, OpenVPN, and Tor.
New in version 4.3.3 (January 3rd, 2013)
- This is a maintenance release fixing a major flaw in dnsmasq.