New in version 5.0.3 Beta 1
January 20th, 2014
- Bering-uClibc-5.0.3-beta1 provides updates for the kernel, tor, openssl, minicom, samba, pcre, ddclient and usb-modeswitch-data to latest upstream versions.
- Newly build openssl enables thread support and improvements for x86_64 platform.
- dropbear enables sha2_256, sha2_512, AES128 and ECC (elliptic curve) support.
- A new package batctl is available to start support for open mesh networks. smartmon and ppp-hsh has received small fixes.
New in version 5.0.2 Beta 1 (September 27th, 2013)
- This beta version provides a major fix for an issue where the standard editor showed garbage on x86_64 images.
- A new boot logo (including CLI access and hardware tests during boot) has been added for ISO images.
- Of the usual package and kernel updates, the update of libusb (and addition of a libusb-compat package for packages relying on the old version) is the most visible one.
New in version 5.0.1 RC1 (August 14th, 2013)
- This release candidate provides a minor kernel update, and a few more packages have been updated to their latest upstream versions.
New in version 5.0.1 Beta 1 (July 26th, 2013)
- Bering-uClibc-5.0.1-beta1 provides major package updates, a kernel update to 3.4.53, a few fixes, minor improvements for the toolchain, and two new packages to support wireless Internet connections.
- A probably more important change of the packages will be the move from libnl to libnl3.
- Packages affected are hostapd, ipvsadm, keepalived, and kismet.
New in version 5.0 (June 17th, 2013)
- Changes from 5.0 release candidate 1 include updated packages, a minor kernel update, and new packages for iscsi and lua.
New in version 5.0 RC1 (May 29th, 2013)
- The 5.0 release candidate provides package and kernel updates as well as bugfixes (especially regarding updatetime and web configuration).
New in version 5.0 Beta 2 (April 29th, 2013)
- This version is based on a recent kernel with longterm support (3.4.x), supports X86 CPUs (with 32-bit and 64-bit images), and starts to provide support for other CPU architectures.
- A basic ARM version and Raspberry Pi support are available in the repositories.
- Some packages has been moved into the core, and most others have been updated to their latest upstream version.
New in version 4.3.4 (March 28th, 2013)
- This is a maintenance release providing fixes for OpenSSL.
- It adds more SUN ethernet drivers and package updates for Quagga, OpenVPN, and Tor.
New in version 4.3.3 (January 3rd, 2013)
- This is a maintenance release fixing a major flaw in dnsmasq.
New in version 4.3.2 (December 12th, 2012)
- This maintenance update provides fixes for apkg, lrcfg.backup, Openswan, and sorting of Ethernet interfaces in webconf.
- A regulatory database file for wireless drivers has been added to the kernel.
- dnsmasq and lmsensors packages have been updated to the latest upstream versions.
New in version 4.3.1 (October 10th, 2012)
- This release adds a new package with support for naming network interfaces (nameif/bbnameif).
- Other changes are updates for tor and dnsmasq, and fixes for iproute and ulogd.
New in version 4.3 (July 28th, 2012)
- The highlights of this release are automatic loading of pre-requisite packages, an upgrade of BusyBox to 1.20.2, dnsmasq supporting dhcpd6 and router advertisements, various other new upstream versions, improved boot support for USB devices, and support for Apple Filing Protocol through netatalk.
New in version 4.3 Beta 1 (June 14th, 2012)
- This version adds the long-awaited Package Dependency Auto-Loading enhancement, support for the Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) server, the NDP Proxy Daemon, and an update of dnsmasq to the latest version, with dhcpd6 and router advertisement features.
New in version 4.2.1 (May 17th, 2012)
- Bering-uClibc-4.2.1 provides a new upstream version of asterisk and a few minor fixes.
- Dummy network drives has been removed from the kernel to modules.
- For ISO images (loading LEAF Bering-uClibc from cdrom) /dev/sda1:vfat has been added to LEAFCFG and PKGPATH, so configuration changes can be stored to an attached harddisk.
- A new cgi gives information about active IPv6 connections in webconf.
New in version 4.2.1 RC1 (May 7th, 2012)
- This version adds new upstream versions for packages, adds libiconv, fixes a few minor bugs and annoyances, and improves hardware autodetection.
New in version 4.1.1 (December 9th, 2011)
- Only one change since rc1 with the addition of the busybox watch applet.
- This release provides new packages like squid with IPv6 support, sshblacklist, reinstates asterisk, adds ClamAV and HAVP to build an antivirus proxy scanner, and updates packages to their latest upstream versions.
New in version 4.1.1 RC1 (November 28th, 2011)
- This version reinstates asterisk, adds SSH blacklisting, speeds up boot time, and has package updates to upstream and minor improvements.
New in version 4.1.1 Beta 1 (November 2nd, 2011)
- Important changes are the update of OpenSSL to 1.0.0.e, a squid version with IPv6 support, and the newly added packages ClamAV and HAVP.
New in version 4.1 (October 9th, 2011)
- This version fixes two minor bugs from the release candidate.
- Changes from 4.0 includes kernel and other package updates and, for the first time, DHCPv6 server support.
New in version 4.1 RC1 (October 2nd, 2011)
- This release candidate of Bering-uClibc 4.1 provides support for hotplugging, dhcp with ipv6, and the usual update of shorewall to the latest upstream version.
New in version 4.1 Beta 2 (September 2nd, 2011)
- Updates the kernel to 126.96.36.199 and busybox to 1.19.
- New upstream versions of dnsmasq and tinyproxy.
- Fixes for mbusd, systsat, and ppp-hsh, and improvements in the nut package.
New in version 4.1 Beta 1 (August 1st, 2011)
- replace old mail script with busybox sendmail. It allows user authentication, provding a FQDN and connecting via SSL/TLS (untested)and is a lot smaller. (fixes Trac ticket #53)
- moved arc4 and ecb kernel modules from geode-only list to common list, added sha1_generic to common list, added modprobing of modules that listed in /etc/modules during hwdetect (to pull all dependencies)
- updated to version 188.8.131.52
- including a kernel review to remove useless options/modules from different kernels/images (still under construction)
- Fixed link state flood in syslog for r6040 (kernel bug #29122)
- updated to version 184.108.40.206, closes also Trac ticket #44
- updated to version 5.8p1
- updated to version 2.2.0
- updated to version 1.2.5
- updated to version 2.21 for gcc 4.6.0 (e.g. on Fedora 15), closes also Trac ticket #49
- updated to version 1.2.2
- the binary has been long around for tcp performance tests - now packaged. Closes Trac ticket #28
- compiles without the need of (/usr/bin/)sendmail on build host.
- updated Intel Gigabit drivers to 3.0.22
- add new package bind
- updated to version 2.6.33
- updated to version 0.9.29
- enabled WCHAR (wide character) support
- added _r (reeentrant) library to libmysql.lrp
- added OpenLDAP 2.4.25 client library, libldap.lrp
- replaced Cistron RADIUS 1.6.8 with FreeRADIUS 2.1.10. Closes Trac ticket #43
- new Package dibbler-server.lrp which implements a DHCPv6 server
- add support for lmsensors
- enabled 'nice' command (required for Asterisk) and also 'cpio' command (fixes Trac ticket #26)
- updated to latest upstream version 1.8
- fix inetd start/stop
- new package for Modbus/TCP to Modbus/RTU proxy seeMODBUS/TCP to MODBUS/RTU gateway server
- new package - The sysstat package contains the sar, sadf, iostat, nfsiostat, cifsiostat, mpstat, and pidstat commands for Linux. See sysstat
New in version 4.0 RC1 (April 6th, 2011)
- This version provides mostly minor package updates, a few bugfixes, and fine tuning. The most notable changes are enhanced hardware detection with hwdetect, added ip6tables to all images by default, a working yate, and more Openswan fixes.
New in version 4.0 Beta 2 (January 24th, 2011)
- update kernel to version 220.127.116.11
- enable ppp multilink support (patch provided by "Pierre G. Martineau")
- new busybox upstream version 1.12.4
- add bb applet traceroute
- enabled malloc_compat in uclibc (developers only) (patch provided by NiTr0)
- buildenv patched to be build with any gcc on the host (developers only) (patch provided by NiTr0)
- ipv4zones kernel patch (patch provided by NiTr0)
- Linux IMQ kernel patch (patch provided by NiTr0)
- Gigabit Ethernet driver for Marvell and SysKonnect network adapter cards (sk98lin) (patch provided by NiTr0)
- new page for Network Settings
- a reminder to set a password after first login
- ping and traceroute in webconf
- ipv4zones patch (patch provided by NiTr0)
- support for ppp multilink (patch provided by "Pierre G. Martineau")
- support for Linux IMQ (patch provided by NiTr0)
- new upstream version 2.47
- new upstream version 0.52
- enable traceroute from fw to net
- cleanup icmp rules
New in version 4.0 Beta 1 (November 29th, 2010)
- LEAF Bering-uClibc 4.0 is basically Bering-uClibc 3.x brought up to date with the latest versions of the main software components.
- The most important changes are that the Linux kernel is upgraded from 2.4.x to 2.6.x, the uClibc library is upgraded from 0.9.28 to 0.9.30, and shorewall has been upgraded to the Perl-based current version, including shorewall6. Other packages have been updated to the latest upstream versions.
New in version 3.1.1 Beta 3 (May 7th, 2009)
- IntelPro/1000 driver added to modules tarball
- the modules tarball again includes the i2c driver from lmsensors package
- fix permission for /etc/shorewall/zones
- fix broken ppp in beta2
- changed the get_interface function to cover ppp interfaces which
- do not show an an address in the default route
- fix indentation while parsing /etc/modules