New in version 0.5.0
November 25th, 2014
- Add option to generate recovery information that can be used to fix broken bup backup archive.
- Add option to do integrity testing of bup archive every time a new backup is taken. In case something is broken and you are generating recovery information it will ask you if you want to try repairing the files.
- Now the configuration dialog warns about dataloss when using rsync in combination with fat32 or ntfs.
- Keep a log file of last backup job, can be viewed from system tray menu.
- Bugfix for viewing files in a bup archive containing more than 1000 separate backups.
- Cosmetic fixes and more informative texts in the configuration dialog.
- Add complete translation to Chinese(taiwan) and Lithuanian.
New in version 0.4.0 (January 25th, 2014)
- Bug fix: detect encrypted partitions on external hard drives.
- Small update to keep up-to-date with new metadata format in bup v0.25
- Add German, Italian and Swedish translations. Tagalog and Spanish are still only partial.
New in version 0.4.0 Beta 1 (October 9th, 2013)
- Add kioslave for accessing files and folders directly from any git archive (including bup archives, of course!). Comes complete with support for metadata scheduled to be available with the soon-to-come 0.25 version of bup. Please test! Just type "bup://" in a kde-based filemanager (dolphin, konqueror, krusader et al)
- Add a new application called filedigger, it helps you find the right version of a file and then also helps you restore that file. You can open folders and files to have a look at them before restoring, thanks to the new kioslave.
- Add rsync-type of backups.
New in version 0.3.2 (May 20th, 2013)
- Add german, italian and tagalog translations.
- Make it more difficult to create a backup plan without a destination. (Select first usb drive automatically when connected, warn user if no drive is selected when saving)
New in version 0.3.1 (March 9th, 2013)
- Fix running with older versions of bup by removing compression level option, not useful for most people anyway.
- Check if bup is installed, notify user if not.
- Add Spanish translation.
New in version 0.3 (February 21st, 2013)
- Adds an option to take the backup as root. Useful when you want to backup system files which needs root access to read.
- Now checks if you are inactive (no mouse or keyboard activity) when accumulating usage time. For instance, Kup will no longer count time watching a movie on your computer as active usage time.
- Adds ability to configure which compression level is used for backups.
- Adds the option of selecting/deselecting hidden folders.
- Adds infrastructure for translations and a swedish translation. Help with other languages would be appreciated!
- Now sets the CPU and (on linux) the IO scheduler priority of the backup processes to be very nice, just to minimize risk of a running backup disturbing you.
- Fixes a couple of bugs in the folder selection tree.
- Shows more info about external drives connected and now also remembers more info about the drive you have selected.
- Now uses the bup index file in your home directory instead of having the index file located in the destination archive. This can perhaps give better performance in some scenarios, not tested.
- Adds a few hidden folders in your home directory as default excludes, should be useful for most people.