New in version 0.57
November 10th, 2014
- This is the last bugfixing release for the 0.5x series. This releases fixes serious bugs of previous versions.
- The send-by-email function now queries the recipient (prefered email) of the documents contact data, and also works properly again with the thunderbird mail client. Special item types in a document (on-demand or alternative items) can now be removed again from an item. Also the Ok/Cancel handling of the document editor window was fixed. If the document type of an existing document is changed, the doc ID is now reset from the document type specific number cycle. Apart from that, a couple of memory management hickups were repaired which lead even to crashes here and there.
- It is recommended to update from previous versions.
New in version 0.53 (October 12th, 2013)
- This is a bugfix release for 0.50. It fixes some annoying bugs in catalog handling and other parts of Kraft. The update is recommended.
New in version 0.50 (December 28th, 2012)
- The most important change is that now multiple tax rates are supported within one document. That means that within e.g. one invoice items without tax, with reduced or full tax rate are supported. The sum calculation takes that in consideration properly. That makes Kraft an even more multi purpose software.
- Addressees can be added to a document even if the document already exists, not only if the doc is created.
- Documents display a page number on page two to end.
- On insertion of a new item to a document, the new item is focussed automatically.
- Manually added items can be added to the catalogue on entering again.
- The document type configuration dialog was reworked.
- The amount of processed SQL commands on setup is correct.
- Document saving is more performant.
- Improved error handling if Akonadi or the report generation fails to ease debugging.
- Import of CSV-lists into the document was fixed.
- MySQL database setup is fixed.
New in version 0.45 (November 9th, 2011)
- This version brings a fully Akonadi based address book integration with many bug fixes and improvements in usage: Multiple address books are handled correctly now and can be chosen from within Kraft. The whole address selection widget was improved with search fields, a detail view of the selected addresses and direct access buttons to edit and add contacts. Furthermore the loading speed was improved tremendously.
- The text template widget from which the user picks template texts for header- and footer texts were also completely reworked. A lot of bugs were fixed, the guy was made more obvious and context sensitive help texts guide the user in his actions.
- The third big news is that Kraft now supports localized document templates by default. Kraft is installed now with a german and english template for offers and invoices. Other localizations are welcome.
- As usual a lot of other bugfixes and minor improvements went into this release. It is recommended for production environments.
- A couple of days after the 0.44 release, which brought the improvements initially, a bugfix release 0.45 was made because of a severe bug in 0.44.
New in version 0.44 (November 8th, 2011)
- This release brings fully Akonadi-based address book integration with many bugfixes and improvements in usage.
- Multiple address books are now handled correctly.
- The whole address selection widget has been improved with search fields, a detail view of the selected addresses, and direct access buttons to edit and add contacts.
- Loading speed has been improved tremendously.
- The text template widget (from which the user picks template texts for header and footer texts) has been completely reworked.
- A lot of bugs have been fixed. Kraft now supports localized document templates.
New in version 0.41 (April 21st, 2011)
- This version contains large changes on the item template catalog handling. Catalogs can now have an arbitrary depth of sub chapters. The sequence of templates within the sub chapters is user editable. Templates can be moved around within the cataloges using drag and drop. Sub chapters can be transfered to documents with one click now. Furthermore, deletion of templates was added.
- Kraft 0.41 has a newly designed and improved document digest list view. The widgets showing the latest- all and timebased list of documents are now completely based on the model/view implementation of Qt which results in a large speed improvement. The document details of a selected list entry are displayed in a more userfriendly view.
- PDFs of the documents are created utilizing the ReportLab RML toolkit. The script that converts RML to PDF was completely reworked so that it now depends on python only which simplifies dependencies and the port to other platforms.
- Furthermore a lot of bug fixes went into Kraft, especially in the area of the KDE addressbook integration, text template handling and more.
New in version 0.40 (April 19th, 2010)
- The Kraft team is happy to announce the new stable version 0.40 of the KDE office software Kraft. After eleven month of porting work, Kraft 0.40 is the first version which is based on the KDE 4 software platform. Huge changes on the codebase of Kraft happened to benefit from the new technology of KDE 4.
- Basically the new version equals the last KDE 3 version feature wise beside
- some changes which aim to make Kraft even more convenient to explore for unexperienced users.
- There is a new setup assistant which starts automatically on first start of
- Kraft. It takes the database details and creates and populates the database
- layer automatically. Furthermore, Kraft now supports SQLite as a embedded database backend in addition to MySQL. Both makes the setup of Kraft even more
- We are also happy to annouce a new project homepage available under . It
- is a new technology base to provide better documentation over the long term.
- We wish a lot of fun and success with Kraft 0.40 on the KDE 4 platform. We
- are looking forward to getting your feedback on the Kraft User Mailingliste
- at . Please find details about download and installation at .
-  http://volle-kraft-voraus.de/
-  https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=kraft-user
-  http://volle-kraft-voraus.de/pmwiki.php/Main/Download
New in version 0.32 (May 8th, 2009)
- Tax: Added more flexible tax calculation. Kraft now has the tax in a table for easy changing, supports no, reduced and full tax on document level for this release, on item level later.
- Numbercycles: All Kraft documents need an unique document number. These are taken from numbercycles now which can be edited and shared between document types.
- Watermark: Kraft documents can now be merged with an existing pdf file with the company logo. Configuration through the Kraft settings on a per document type basis
- Templates: Kraft now supports different templates for each document type. Templates can be configured through the Kraft settings.
- Project-String: There is a project label at the document. It is exported to the document template.
- System-Tab: Display of some interesting setup information
- Templates for PDF and HTML output are reloaded if modified
- other various bugfixes
New in version 0.31 (January 20th, 2009)
- added a read only view on documents, customizable with ctemplate as html page
- added importing items from text files with configurable import filters, to enable usage of special software which is able to export text files
- added document number cycles: The unique id of a document depends on a unique number. Now there can be multiple number cycles which can be used by document types. Multiple doc types can use the same number cycle, that means that for example all types of invoices count the same number cycle while offers are in another (no gui support yet.)