January 10th, 2011
· Require SQLAlchemy >= 0.6; this fixes some corner-cases in the UTF-8 encoding of data retrieved from the database; updated the models to the new syntax of SQLAlchemy.
· Added support for parsing of ini files.
April 1st, 2010
· Removed the koboldfs.zope module and related dependencies; the same functionality can be achieved using koboldfs.client.ClientPool, without depending on any zope package.
· Introduced koboldfs.client.TransactionalClientPool, which supports (optionally two-phase) transactions.
· Use SQLAlchemy instead of directly depending on psycopg2 for the database connection; koboldfs is now (virtually) compatible with any database back-end which is supported by SQLAlchemy.
· Added init scripts using buildout.
· Added unit tests using sqlite as database back-end.
July 6th, 2009
· Fixes in the Data Manager: use the connection pool instead of always keeping a database connection open.
May 28th, 2009
· koboldfs.zope is an extra package now.