New in version 2.4.2
April 17th, 2012
- A handful of usability fixes
New in version 2.4.1 (January 18th, 2012)
- Version 2.4.1 introduces support for the UCI protocol, setting the difficulty level of chess engines, game history display, and loading and saving PGN files.
New in version 2.4.0 (October 24th, 2011)
- Version 2.4.0 brings voice support, possibility of external control by dbus, and a couple of bug fixes.
New in version 2.3.2 (May 23rd, 2011)
- Fixes drag-coused freezes, dropping pieces outside of the board, and a theme appearing twice in the selection dialog.
New in version 2.3.0 (March 10th, 2011)
- Watching two engines play
- Improved time control support for chess engines
- Better support for the XBoard protocol means Knights can play with more engines, including Crafty, Sloppy, Sjeng and Phalanx.
- Players can now make and receive offer for draw, pause, undo, adjourn and abort. All except Draw are only used when playing on the chess server.
- Players can now undo their moves. Improved game dialog, with more game options.
- Improved server dialog, with a seek graph.
- Ability to interact with a chess server or a computer engine via a text console.
- Simple chat widget for talking to your remote opponent.
- Selecting and moving pieces by clicking, without dragging.
New in version 2.2.0 (December 16th, 2010)
- First release from Extragear, improved FICS support, nicer look and feel.
New in version 2.1.1 (September 17th, 2010)
- Pawn promotion, theme download from kde-look.org
New in version 2.1.0 (August 26th, 2010)
- Internet play, additional markers, graphical clock.
New in version 2.0 (April 2nd, 2010)
- Fixed win condition checking, added check for stalemate.
- Fixed bad scaling of SVG files, added Tux theme.