April 24th, 2013
· This version includes use of Ipython debugger (by Alex Ford), faster Tasklets and unloading, better error messages, and the new currymap function.
December 3rd, 2012
· This release fixes a few bugs with caching of status and CompoundTasks.
· Jug now works correctly on new versions of Python (with the random hash fix).
· This version adds --cache --clear suboption to status and regular expression support to invalidate.
June 12th, 2012
· Many small improvements in this release.
· A new bvalue function combines barrier and value.
· Several bugs have been fixed.
What's new in Jug 0.9:
December 6th, 2011
· In the presence of a barrier(), rerun the jugfile. This makes barrier much easier to use.
· Add set_jugdir to public API
· Added CompoundTaskGenerator
· Support subclassing of Task
· Avoid creating directories in file backend unless it is necessary
· Add jug.mapreduce.reduce (which mimicks the builtin reduce)
July 6th, 2011
· Several bugs were fixed, including for compatibility with new versions of external packages (ipython and redis).
· Input/Output of very large files is now improved so that it potentially uses much less intermediate memory.
· Unit tests were added to the distribution.
· A non-compatible change is that numpy arrays are now hashed differently.
· However, the new method is much, much better (faster and uses less memory); so it was worth breaking compatibility.
What's new in Jug 0.8:
March 28th, 2011
· Tasklets - Fix bugs in sleep-until and cleanup - Fix bugs with CompoundTask (you needed to run jug execute twice before)
January 17th, 2011
· Fix case where ~/.jug/configrc does not exist
· Print host name to lock file on file_store - Refactored implementation of options
· Fix unloading tasks that have not run
· Fix mapreduce for empty input
January 5th, 2011
· Parse ~/.jug/configrc
· Fix bug with waiting times
· Special case saving of numpy arrays
· Add more expressive jugdir syntax
· Save dict_store backend to disk
November 5th, 2010
· included missing files in the distribution
What's new in Jug 0.7:
October 22nd, 2010
· barrier() - better shell command
September 23rd, 2010
· There is a much improved shell subcommand. jug.barrier(): stops execution if not all tasks up to that point are available.
· This is a "beta" release of 0.7 (whose main feature is barrier).