What's new in Jug 0.9.6:August 10th, 2013
- This version adds provenance tracking.
- jug is now able to output metadata on the computation results (including all dependencies).
What's new in Jug 0.9.5:May 30th, 2013
- This release adds Python 3 support and a debug mode (in which execution is slower, as jug executes more checks for possible bugs in the user's script).
What's new in Jug 0.9.4:April 24th, 2013
- This version includes use of Ipython debugger (by Alex Ford), faster Tasklets and unloading, better error messages, and the new currymap function.
What's new in Jug 0.9.3:December 3rd, 2012
- This release fixes a few bugs with caching of status and CompoundTasks.
- Jug now works correctly on new versions of Python (with the random hash fix).
- This version adds --cache --clear suboption to status and regular expression support to invalidate.
What's new in Jug 0.9.1:June 12th, 2012
- Many small improvements in this release.
- A new bvalue function combines barrier and value.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
What's new in Jug 0.9:December 6th, 2011
- In the presence of a barrier(), rerun the jugfile. This makes barrier much easier to use.
- Add set_jugdir to public API
- Added CompoundTaskGenerator
- Support subclassing of Task
- Avoid creating directories in file backend unless it is necessary
- Add jug.mapreduce.reduce (which mimicks the builtin reduce)
What's new in Jug 0.8.1:July 6th, 2011
- Several bugs were fixed, including for compatibility with new versions of external packages (ipython and redis).
- Input/Output of very large files is now improved so that it potentially uses much less intermediate memory.
- Unit tests were added to the distribution.
- A non-compatible change is that numpy arrays are now hashed differently.
- However, the new method is much, much better (faster and uses less memory); so it was worth breaking compatibility.
What's new in Jug 0.8:March 28th, 2011
- Tasklets - Fix bugs in sleep-until and cleanup - Fix bugs with CompoundTask (you needed to run jug execute twice before)
What's new in Jug 0.7.4:January 17th, 2011
- Fix case where ~/.jug/configrc does not exist
- Print host name to lock file on file_store - Refactored implementation of options
- Fix unloading tasks that have not run
- Fix mapreduce for empty input
What's new in Jug 0.7.3:January 5th, 2011
- Parse ~/.jug/configrc
- Fix bug with waiting times
- Special case saving of numpy arrays
- Add more expressive jugdir syntax
- Save dict_store backend to disk
What's new in Jug 0.7.2:November 5th, 2010
- included missing files in the distribution
What's new in Jug 0.7:October 22nd, 2010
- barrier() - better shell command
What's new in Jug 0.6.9:September 23rd, 2010
- There is a much improved shell subcommand. jug.barrier(): stops execution if not all tasks up to that point are available.
- This is a "beta" release of 0.7 (whose main feature is barrier).