February 19th, 2009
· A new API enables users to run non-Java processes on the nodes.
· JPPF is now integrated with GigaSpaces XAP.
· Jobs and tasks can now be prioritized.
· The configuration of a client connection pool is now easy and intuitive.
December 17th, 2008
· Servers are now automatically detected, removing the need to use configuration files.
· The administration console was enhanced for greater usability.
· Administration commands can now be sent to multiple nodes at once.
· The nodes' CPU usage can now be managed by setting the priority of the execution threads.
· Critical class loading issues were fixed in the J2EE JCA connector.
October 31st, 2008
· Tasks can now be defined from plain old Java objects.
· A new JPPF Quick Start Guide is now availabe online and offline.
· A new management feature enables resetting a node's task counter.
· Improvements to the remote JMX connectivity facilitate the JPPF administration through firewalls.
· Bugs were fixed in the peer-to-peer communication between servers.
September 19th, 2008
· Tasks can now be defined from existing code using annotations.
· A new, simplified API for defining and submitting tasks was implemented.
· The amount of logging on disconnection events from the server was reduced to a manageable level.
· Multiple bugs were fixed that prevented the nodes from running as services.
· Multiple fixes were made to the JPPF screensaver.