New in version 2012-12-09
December 10th, 2012
- This version fixes a nasty bug which caused crashes when joystick buttons (alt-keys) were pressed.
- Airheart is 100% playable again! RamWorks support is now available for up to eight megabytes of memory.
- The CPU can now log warnings if 65c02 extended opcodes are used.
- This release cleans a few improperly-implemented softswitches.
- The MMU implementation is 100% compatible now.
New in version 2012-11-04 (November 6th, 2012)
- There have been no new features since 10/31, this release is just recompiled to support "older" 1.6 JRE users, as the author had accidentally set the IDE to 1.7.
New in version 2012-10-31 (November 1st, 2012)
- 65c02 CPU emulation is now 100% and verified.
- CPU usage is greatly reduced.
- Games detect mockingboard now: SkyFox and Pitfall II.
- A Disk II speedup hack option was added.
New in version 2012-08-28 (August 29th, 2012)
- Mockingboard now sounds perfect with Ultima 5.
- Fullscreen support (press F9 to toggle) has been added.
- New graphical indicators have been added for ram, disk, serial, and mouse activity.
New in version 7-25-2012 (July 27th, 2012)
- This version adds a new "MetaCheat" feature that allows searching for and modifying active memory, similar to the cheat features commonly found in other emulators.
- Also, 2MG image support has been improved for both 5.25 and 3.5 floppy images.
New in version 6-25-2012 (June 27th, 2012)
- This version adds Prince of Persia cheats (such as infinite health, "start with sword", "click to teleport", "click to open gates", and "click to kill enemies"), joystick support for keyboard arrow keys, 20% more efficient and less glitchy audio, fixes for a startup graphics bug, and extensive commandline options (for example, this enables joystick "0", puts a disk controller in slot 6, and inserts a disk: -joy0.enabled -computer.s6card disk -s6.d1 /some/disk.dsk).
- Prodos-ordered (.po) disks now work.
New in version 2012-02-14 (February 16th, 2012)
- This version adds Passport MIDI support. Ultima 5 music plays beautifully.
- Note: Linux users might be better off using OpenJDK to get MIDI support working properly.
- Some hangs related to OpenJDK startup have been fixed.
New in version 2012-02-12 (February 13th, 2012)
- This version patches some classpath scanning logic so that it behaves better on Mac OS X, which fixes the java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError on start.
- It also tweaks the HBL scanner logic to better emulate what is supposed to be on the floating bus according to Sather's book.
New in version 2012-02-08 (February 9th, 2012)
- Applying configuration changes will no longer randomly crash the emulator.
- You can even change to the ][DB debugging ROM without rebooting and it still works! "Floating bus" support is finally completed, and this adds better support for some rather unusual software titles that perform split-screen graphics modes (e.g. Money Munchers).
- Some configuration options were added for tweaking video timing logic, for those wanting to hack the internals a little.