New in version 2.5.4738
January 6th, 2014
- This version adds a new package edu.jas.fd for solvable polynomial common divisor computation.
- It will contain algorithms for (non-unique) factorization domains.
- There are methods for polynomial pseudo remainder computation over Ore domains in class FDUtil.
- More methods for common divisors are included, but not yet finished.
- The MPJ and MPI implementations have been further converged and cleaned.
- Javadocs for the JLinAlg adapter classes are published.
New in version 2.5.4688 (November 5th, 2013)
- New solvable local residue ring SolvableLocalResidue as solvable quotient field modulo an ideal. New generic solvable polynomials QLRSolvablePolynomial with abstacted generic coefficients fom solvable quotient, local oder local-residue rings. Implement corresponding interfaces QuotPair and QuotPairFactory in respective classes. Adjust and extend scripting examples for the new classes. Removed differences and clean-up different versions of Run*GB stand alone Gröbner base programs.
New in version 2.5.4658 (October 7th, 2013)
- The Android version of JAS, based on Ruboto (JRuby for Android), is now available with signed code and can be directly installed.
- This release contains new algorithms for least common multiples and a trial greatest common divisor in solvable polynomial rings.
- Additionally, the Apel-Lassner canonical simplifier for solvable quotients is available.
- Some refactoring was required to break package dependency cycles.
- More Findbugs issues have been solved.
- Java 5 compatibility has been dropped.
New in version 2.5.4618 (September 9th, 2013)
- This version contains new distributed Gröbner base algorithms based on the Java bindings of OpenMPI similarly to the MPJ version.
- Since both MPI and MPJ are not thread-safe, a work-around was developed to split the transport layer to allow selection of TCP/IP sockets or MPI/MPJ channels for transport.
- The socket-based distributed hash table now implements the clear() method, which solves non-specific errors in iterated distributed Gröbner base computations.
- The solvable multiplications have been simplified.
- Fixes and improvements have been made for Jython and JRuby scripts.
New in version 2.5.4555 (August 5th, 2013)
- This version adds new algorithms for solvable polynomial rings over solvable local rings in classes LocalSolvablePolynomialRing and LocalSolvablePolynomial and new scripting examples for such solvable polynomial rings.
- The handling of non-commutative relations of solvable polynomials has been refactored to implement and use an interface RelationGenerator.
- Some more Findbugs and Eclipse issues and several problems with jruby of Android have been fixed and improved.
New in version 2.5.4448 (June 3rd, 2013)
- This version brings new algorithms for recursive solvable polynomial rings and new solvable polynomial rings with solvable quotient coefficients.
- This rings feature non-commutative multiplication of variables with coefficients.
- There are new scripting examples for recursive solvable polynomial rings and solvable polynomials with solvable quotient coefficients.
New in version 2.5.4408 (May 2nd, 2013)
- This version provides new algorithms for ideals in solvable polynomial rings in class SolvableIdeal, and new structures for solvable polynomial rings in classes SolvableQuotient, SolvableResidue, and the corresponding factories SolvableQuotientRing and SolvableResidueRing.
- There is a new theme for Ruby rdoc documentation, and the scripts have been adapted to a newer version of jruby (1.7.3).
- Some small fixes and improvements are included.
New in version 2.5.4358 (January 7th, 2013)
- The Java API will be more stable from now on.
- It fixes a race condition in distributed (hybrid) Gröbner base implementations and improves the MPJ version of GB computations.
- The GBFactory has changed, and a new option to select Gebauer & Möller critical pair handling in GBAlgorithmBuilder was added.
- The default precision of BigDecimal was changed to DECIMAL128.
- The GreatestCommonDivisorHensel implementation is improved by using integer evaluation points and further optimizations.
New in version 2.4.4308 (December 3rd, 2012)
- This version provides mostly performance optimizations, small improvements, and fixes.
- The optimizations include combined methods for polynomials like scaleSubtractMultiple(b, g, a, e, S) to compute the expression "b x^g this - a x^e S" in one rush.
- There is now a first version of a JAS Android App.
- The app uses its JRuby scripting interface and runs within the Ruby IRB Android app Ruboto.